Choose a Website Host
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
Web hosting is sometimes difficult for the beginning site builder to understand. A good analogy to explain how web hosting works is to picture the internet as one big world.
Everyone on the internet has their own domain name, which is analogous to your address. It is necessary to put a house on your address or your corner lot in order to be able to add a living room or a bedroom. The hosting is your house online.
You can add subdomains, or separate rooms to your house, or you may simply have one large room. Web-hosting allows you to create different things on your site that will provide a place to store files, data, information and products which your visitors can purchase or read.
Steps to choose a domain hosting company
- 1Personally, I have several hosting companies with which I will not work or should I be constrained to do so, I add a surcharge to the site building process by virtue of the difficulties inherent in working with the hosting.As designers and builders, many people will prefer one hosting or another, but most will be able to tell you what is and what is not the best hosting company out there, so if you know a site designer or someone who has been in the business for a while, ask them what hosting company they prefer.Advertisement
- 2There will be times when you require some help from the hosting company. Make sure that hosting help services are not on a per incident payment type basis. Most are not, but some require you to pay them for phone time.Check that they have 24/7 support by phone and email.Advertisement
- 3Do you get unlimited web space, so you won't be charged for overuse?Make sure they have a good money back guarantee in case your up time is not reasonable or you are not happy with the service.
- 4Some hosting seems to be quite inexpensive, but when you are paying for extras, it isn't that great of a deal.If you're going to be using your hosting for more than one website or for several domains, make sure that you check into the number of sites that you can have, but also the number of databases and other things as well.
- 5Choose a host, when possible, which offers you unlimited databases, unlimited email addresses and unlimited subdomains to avoid paying for a lot of extra little costs if you need those down the road.
Advantages of Choosing a Website Host Carefully
- 1Building and maintaining traffic onto your website already require a lot of work. Therefore, you would not want to add up to this the hassle in dealing with your web hosting company. You would want it to be as hassle-free as possible.Less headache.Advertisement
- 2You cannot expect that everything will be smooth sailing as you run your website. However, if you are using a good website host, you are guaranteed that you have someone to help you solve the problems that you encounter. Good website hosting companies will be able to respond to your concerns at least within 24 hours, if not immediately. This is definitely a great advantage as every minute counts when it comes to your website being up and running.Efficient customer service.
- 3You are guaranteed to be at par with industry standards if you are using a good website host. The internet world has evolved very quickly through the years and it's good if you are able to keep up with these. With a good website host, you will never run behind your competitors.Updated tools.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Ultimate Guide To Build & Promote A Website
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Lynn, Eng