Choose a Good Shampoo to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
Edited by Donna, Eng
If you are fighting hair loss, then choosing a good shampoo is part of the battle. As is true of buying many products you need to decide what it is you want the product to do for you and then start reading labels. Some shampoos are more specific in their purpose than others.
Choosing A Good Shampoo for Preventing Additional Hair Loss
If you have already lost some hair and want to prevent or slow down hair loss then follow these steps when looking at the label for shampoo that claims prevent additional hair loss:
- 1Check the label to see if the product contains a DHT blocker.This blocks the hormone DHT from reaching the scalp and blocking hair growth.Advertisement
Choosing A Good Shampoo for Stimulating Hair Growth
If you have bald patches and you want your hair to grow back as fast as possible then follow these steps while looking at the label of a shampoo that claims to stimulate hair growth:
- 1Look for a product that contains caffeine compounds.These are ingredients that block DHA, block the effects of testosterone and stimulate hair growthAdvertisement
- 2Look for a product that contains plant stem cells.This is an innovation in hair growth products that stimulates hair growth
- 4Make sure the product is paraben-free.Parabens contain harmful estrogens that can cause hair loss. It is used as a preservative in shampoos.
- 6Make sure the product is sulfate free.Sulfates are a known irritant to the scalp that strip your hair and scalp of its natural oils and stunt growthAdvertisement
Shampoo Brands That Stop Hair Loss and Restore Hair
Shampoos that meet the guidelines for both stopping and restoring hair include:
- Hair Growth Botanical Renovation Sulfate-Free Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
- Organic Hair Loss Shampoo With Plant Stem Cells for Hair Recovery and Regrowth
- Nioxin Cleanser
- PhytoWorx Organic Hair Loss Shampoo With Plant Stem Cells for Hair Recovery and Regrowth
- Pura D or Argan Oil Premium Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
Tips and Tricks
- Avoid volumizing shampoos as they can eventually speed up hair loss. There is a big difference between a shampoo that actually regrows hair and one that contains volumizers to make it look thicker
- Nioxin products are part of a system of three products; you can't buy the Cleanser only, you have to buy the entire system.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hair Loss
Recent edits by: Donna