Chicken And Ricotta Sausage Rolls
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Charmed, Eng, Rafah Perlado and 1 other
Are you a fan of bread with meat filling like sausage? If you are, then you are in luck! In this article, we will show you how to prepare Chicken and Ricotta Sausage Rolls. It may sound hard to prepare but it is the other way around. We will provide you the simplest steps; an easy way to prepare this mouth watering savory sausage rolls.
- 1250 grams puff pastry dough (store bought)Advertisement
- 26 chicken sausagesAdvertisement
- 31 cup ricotta cheese
- 41/4 cup basil leaves
- 51/4 cup spring onion
- 66 green chilis
- 7Salt to taste
- 8Barbecue sauce as accompaniment
- 1Slice spring onion and basil leaves finely and chopped chillies.Advertisement
- 2Put ricotta cheese, basil leaves, green chilis and salt in a bowl and mix with your hands.
- 3Roll out puff pastry dough into a thin square paratha dough.
- 4Place a layer of the cheese mixture on the puff pastry dough.
- 5Take two sausages and keep them at the edge of the puff pastry.
- 6Roll them lengthwise and then cut the puff pastry at the end.
- 7Repeat this process with the other sausages, to make two rolls.
- 8Cut each roll into four pieces, so you will have 12 pieces in all.
- 9Preheat the oven.
- 10Keep the roll on the tray and cook them at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- 11Take them out when they turn golden.
- 12Delicious rolls are ready.
Homemade Pastry Dough
- 1240 grams unsalted butter
- 2210 grams all purpose flour
- 3120 grams sour cream
- 41/4 teaspoon salt
- 51/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 61 tablespoon white sugar
- 1In a mixing bowl, sift the following:All purpose flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Mix until well blended.
- 2Add in the butter.Make sure to use frozen butter and cut into small slices.
- 3Cut the butter into the flour mixture.You can use a fork, pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form.
- 4Add in the sour cream, and mix until big chunks of soft crumbs form.
- 5Flour your working area and knead the dough until it sticks together.
- 6Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- 7Fold the top half and flip the bottom half up.
- 8Then fold in both sides, as if folding a letter.
- 9Roll out again into a rectangle and repeat steps 7 and 8 one more time.You will see that the dough gets smoother.
- 10Wrap it with cling wrap and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes before using.Advertisement
- Aside from barbecue sauce, you can also use ketchup and mustard dip, marinara or even honey mustard. A lot of different dips can be paired up with this dish.
- If you will use salted butter in making the pastry dough, disregard the salt.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: Rafah Perlado, Eng, Charmed