Check for Lumia Update
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng
This is a tutorial on how to check a Microsoft Lumia smart phone for updates. It is important to check your Lumia phone for updates regularly. This is because new updates and software improvements are often released. By regularly updating your phone, you will be protected against viruses, software bugs, and other problems which may be found over time. In order to update your smartphone, please follow the steps provided in the tutorial below.
Updating the Microsoft Lumia
- 1This is done by powering on the phone and swiping up. You will see in the image below what the smart phone looks like once it is on the home screen once you have powered on.In order to update your Microsoft Lumia smart phone, you will need to open the phone to the home screen.Advertisement
- 2Note that as we swipe a new screen is pulled onto the phone from the right side.Once you have powered on your Microsoft phone, and are on the home screen, you will want to swipe the phone from the left side towards the right side.Advertisement
- 3As each item on the phone is organized alphabetically we should expect to find the settings option under S. When you see settings tap one time on it.On this new screen we will scroll all the way down to the settings function.
- 4You are going to scroll all the way down until you reach phone update. This is a somewhat far down the list, however, keep scrolling and you will find it. Once you find phone update, tap once on it.When you have tapped on settings, you will need to scroll down.
- 5From here you will be shown the last time your phone has checked for updates. You will also be able to tap once on check for updates. Tap now on check for updates.After tapping once on phone update you'll be taken to the phone update menu.
- 6When your phone finishes checking for updates, any new updates will be downloaded and installed. You will also see an indication of the last time it has checked for updates. Additionally you will note at the bottom of the screenshot below, that there is a preferred install time.You will see that the phone indicates it is now checking for updates.
If Your Lumia is Not Showing Updates
- 1In the event you believe your phone should have updates that are not displaying, you will need to open the settings menu, by swiping from the right of your phone to the left.Advertisement
- 2Once you have swiped from the right of your phone, you will scroll down to settings.
- 3Tap once on settings.
- 4You will be taken to the system application menu.
- 5Scroll all the way down until you reach the section called 'About', which is located just beneath the phone update section
- 6Tap once on 'About'.
- 7You will see the option for 'More Info'.
- 8Tap once on 'More Info'.
- 9In this case are OS version is listed in the screenshot below. This can be checked with Microsoft to confirm that you do have the latest version of the software.You will now see the OS version.
- 10You will also be shown other details about your phone.
- 11When you're finished, simply press the Windows key in the bottom center of the phone to go back to your main screen.Advertisement
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to check for updates on your Microsoft Lumia smart phone.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Check for Lumia Update. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Check_for_Lumia_Update
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Check for Lumia Update." VisiHow, visihow.com/Check_for_Lumia_Update Accessed 30 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Check for Lumia Update." Accessed May 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Check_for_Lumia_Update.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Train Wreck