Check a specification of a computer
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Charmed, Eng, Robbi and 2 others
In this article it will teach you on how to check the Basic Information and specification of a certain computer, you will be using the application called the CPU-Z this application is a freeware that gathers information and specification of a certain computer.)
- 1Download the Software called CPU-Z.www.filehippo.com/download_cpuzAdvertisement
- 2Run the Executable file that you have downloaded and follow the instruction of the installation wizard and run the Application.Advertisement
- 3After running the Application CPU-Z.You will be able to check the specification of as follow:
- Name and number.
- Core stepping and process.
- Core voltage.
- Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
- Supported instructions sets.
- All cache levels (location, size, speed, technology).
- Vendor, model and revision.
- BIOS model and date.
- Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
- Graphic interface.
- Frequency and timings.
- Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- CPU-Z application provided above is allowed only in Windows Operating System such as: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Questions and Answers
Where do you find the specification of the CPU?
- There are many ways to view your Personal Computer Specification. You can also view them without using any software.
- Go to Start, right-click "My Computer", then select "Properties". You will see some details about your computer specification.
- This is the second option to view your personal computer specification. Go to Start > Run > then type "dxdiag" and click "OK".
- Yet another option to view your Personal Computer Specification: Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Systems Tools > Systems Information.
- Another type of operating system is Linux. For Linux, these are the steps on how to find your computer specification.
- First, go to Dash Board, then type "System settings". That is the keyword to display your computer specification.
- After you type "System settings", the picture below will appear. It displays different categories of information about the settings of your computer, such as settings information in "Personal", "Hardware", and "Systems".
- What you are looking for is the specification of your computer so you should choose "Systems", and in Systems, click on "Details".
- After you click "Details", your computer specification will display. Here is the example of computer specification of Linux.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Check a specification of a computer. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Check_a_specification_of_a_computer
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Check a specification of a computer." VisiHow, visihow.com/Check_a_specification_of_a_computer Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Check a specification of a computer." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Check_a_specification_of_a_computer.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Liezel, Robbi, Eng