Cheat in Assassins Creed IV
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Lynn, Melsan and 2 others
Cheats in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag are strange things. They're almost hidden, yet they're constantly unlocking throughout the game. A lot of people don't realize, but each time you reach a milestone in the Abstergo Challenges, you unlock a new cheat for the game. They even pop up on the screen.
If, like most players, you were concentrating on the action rather than the brief pop-up messages, you've missed them. We have the full list of cheats and milestones below. As a little bonus, we've thrown in how to get the special unlockable content, as well as a very handy money making glitch to exploit in the game.
- 1 Assassin's Creed IV Cheats
- 2 Unlockable Costumes
- 3 Some Tricks and Glitches
- 4 Assassins creed IV: Freedom Cry
- 5 Memory 1
- 6 Memory 2: Common enemy
- 7 Memory 3: Laying the first brick
- 8 Memory 3A: Interlude: Liberation
- 9 Memory 4: A Ship of His own
- 10 Referencing this Article
- 11 Comments
Assassin's Creed IV Cheats
First up, head into the "Abstergo Challenges" menu and look for the "Cheats" option. Yes, it was there all along. From this menu you can activate any of the cheats that you've unlocked so far. Activating cheats won't affect your trophies or achievements, but you also won't be able to save while cheating. Cheat mode is more like a little bonus from Ubisoft to have some free roaming fun in the game. Enjoy.
- 1Enabling this cheat will allow you to stop the day and night cycle in the game and play for as long as you want, at whatever time of day, which is pretty nifty if you're a Vampire.Complete 10 Challenges - Celestial Navigation.Advertisement
- 2This is a fun little cheat that makes your playable character, Edward, constantly spit out pirate cliché like "Shiver me timbers," and, of course, "Arrr, matey."Complete 20 Abstergo Challenges - Arrr, Matey.Advertisement
- 3This one is for the hardcore players. Enabling this cheat will stop both Edward and the Jackdaw from regenerating health.Complete 30 Abstergo Challenges - No Quarter.
- 4Reminiscent of a certain cheat in Grand Theft Auto, this one will fill your wanted meter to the maximum level, with no way to bring it down without disabling the cheat.Complete 40 Abstergo Challenges - Scourge of the Seven Seas.
- 5There's no real use to this one aside from having a laugh. That's because it makes Edward permanently drunk and incredibly hard to control.Complete 50 Abstergo Challenges - Loaded to the Gunwale.
- 6Control the seas with this cheat that allows you to set the ocean to whatever peaceful, or ridiculously choppy settings you choose.Complete 60 Abstergo Challenges - Poseidon's Will.
- 7If you really want to have some fun, this could be your go-to cheat of choice, because when it's enabled, nothing can harm or kill you.Complete 70 Abstergo Challenges - Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- 8Shiver Me Timbers. Activating this cheat will turn all enemies in to peglegged versions of Raving Rabbids, the crazy rabbit-looking monstrosities from Ubisoft's Rayman series.Complete 80 Abstergo Challenges:
- 9As you can probably guess, this cheat will give you unlimited ammo, not just for Edward, but his ship as well.Complete 90 Abstergo Challenges - Armed to the Teeth.
- 10The final cheat will satisfy horror fans, as it turns all of your crew in to zombies.Complete 100 Abstergo Challenges - Deceased Crew.
As a little bonus to loyal fans of the series, having "save game" data on your system will get you any of the three exclusive unlockables in the game. Don't worry if this is your first foray into Assassin's Creed, because there are a few more you can get by meeting certain requirements.
- 1Dress like the original assassin if you have "save data" from the original game on your console.Altair Robes.Advertisement
- 2Ezio's costume will be unlocked if you have "save data" from Assassin's Creed II.Ezio Robes.
- 3If you have Assassin's Creed III "save data", you will be rewarded with Connor's robes.Connor Robes.
- 4You can unlock the unique cat outfit by crafting it from pelts available in any General Store.Cat Outfit.
- 5Buying a red howler monkey skin and the white jaguar pelt will allow you to craft this outfit.Hunter Outfit.
- 6This one is unlocked by completing the Mayan Stelae missions. Once you have collected the 16 stones, just open up the secret door in Tulum to unlock the Mayan Outfit.Mayan Outfit.
- 7A stealth outfit is fitting for any assassin and that's why you're given one after you complete half of the Assassin Contracts in the game.Stealth Outfit.
- 8You can dress like your ancestral enemies by collecting five keys after finishing all of the Templar Missions and opening the locked house gate at Great Iguana Cove.Templar Outfit.
Some Tricks and Glitches
Money Making Glitch
This is an easy money-making exploit for one of the Legendary Ship battles that will literally shower you in cash.
- 1In the Legendary Ship Battle with HMS fearless and the Royal Sovereign, destroy only one of the ships and then collect the loot floating in the water (10,000 Reales).Advertisement
- 2You get to start the battle over again, as well as keep the loot from the ship that you destroyed. You can repeat this as many times as you like to collect a lot of loot.Let whichever ship is left destroy you, which will then lose you the battle.
Infinite Acquiring Money Trick
This infinity money acquisition can only be done in the 2nd sequence: Memory 3. #Move the main story until you will reach the memory 3.
- 1Once you are in the area of the 3 Templars that are standing around the table, wait until you get the new objective of Pick Pocket all the Templars.
- 2Go and pickpocket all 3 Templars.
- 3Once you have pick pocketed them, pause the game then restart the last checkpoint.
- 4The money that you acquired from the Templars will be saved.
- 5Repeat the same process until you met how much you needed.
- 6If you keep on repeating this process, you can earn as much as 40,000 Reales within 7 Minutes.
- 7Doing this kind of trick will let you earn more of what you need so you can purchase the items that you need throughout the game, such as upgrading Jackdaw, Weapons, Outfits and a lot more.
- 8If your game was patched already, you can still perform this trick.
- 9Memory 3.You cannot perform this trick once you've passed the Sequence 2:
- 10To make a long story short, you can only perform this trick if the game was not being patched.
Easy Money From The Legendary Ships
This kind of trick requires you to have an upgraded armor of the Jackdaw and more than 10 Mortar rounds.
- 1These ships are not as easy as other ships around, judging by what they are being called.Once you have an upgraded Jackdaw or 6 or more blocks of Hit Points, look for 2 legendary ships that are located in the north east of the map.
- 2Do not let your ship get rammed, as you might end up desynchronized.
- 3Focus on one ship first.Once you find the ships, simply use a mortar to attack one of them.
- 4Do not get in between two ships as you will get desynchronized.
- 5Once the two ships align with each other, they will begin hitting each other and can cause massive damage.
- 6Repeat all the process until you defeat one of them.
- 7Let yourself be defeated by the other legendary ship.
- 8You can repeat this trick as many times as you want to earn lots of money in the game to buy weapons, upgrades and anything else you need in the game.
Assassins creed IV: Freedom Cry
Freedom cry is an add-on content of the main game with a different protagonist. The map is similar to the original game, and some new maps regarding the missions and story of the DLC or the Downloadable content. This is a simple walkthrough of the game for you to complete the story in no time.
As you begin the game, you will start to sink some ships similar to the Black flag. #Look for the Admiral ship first as it can cause a lot more damage than the small ships.
- 1Use your spyglass to easily identify which is which, so you can complete the objective.
- 2Before you engage the enemy, you must use a mortar to inflict your first damage.
- 3Now you can focus on sinking the Admiral's ship.
- 4They may run away from you as you approach, since the Admiral's ship has been destroyed.Once you've done that, you can deal with the three escorts.
- 5There will be a sequence after the objective has been completed, and the game will proceed to part 2, the Dive.
Part 2: Dive
- 1After you dive into the water, go to northeast where you can locate a chest just beneath the second barrel.
- 2Loot the barrel and use it to breathe more air.
- 3Head back to the diving bell.
- 4Go left from the sunken ship.
- 5Use the seaweed on the ocean bed to avoid being bitten by the sharks.
- 6Loot the items in the chest then go upwards to the shipwreck.
- 7Look for hole that you need to enter.
- 8Swim to the southernmost room and you will find your objective.
- 9After you loot the items, use the hole in wall and follow the green indicator for the objective, which will lead you to the diving bell.
- 10Again, use the seaweed to hide from the sharks.
- 11Interact with the diving bell when you reach it to get back in the surface.
Part 3: Escape
- 1Once you return to the surface, follow the marker in your objective and sail toward it.
- 2You need to sink them before they do the same thing to you.There will be some ships that will try to take your ship down.
- 3Once you've entered the storm, be careful of the water sprouts and waves or your memory will be un-synced.
- 4This is a very simply task to reach the area with the green marker to accomplish.
Memory 2: Common enemy
Part 1: The Chase
- 1After the cut scene, you will find your character walking with machete as a weapon.
- 2Chase the man with a red marker that you'll see running away from you.
- 3When you kill him, it will unlock a trophy or an achievement called the "Liberation Day."
Part 2: Trailing
This will be the start of your free roaming adventure.
- 1Your goal is to reach the area with a green marker, but before you go to your objective, it is best that you sync the way points to get a clear view of the whole area for missions and unlockable items.
- 2Once you've reached the area, the green dot will expand and you'll need to look for a guy.
- 3Once the green dot expands, go to the northwest part of the zone and you will find your target there, next to the slave auction.
- 4If you cannot identify who he is, then use an "eagle vision" to find him.
- 5The target will start walking but do not attack him.
- 6As long as you keep your distance, it will be fine.Follow him using the crowed as camouflage and do not cause too much disturbance.
- 7Use the foliage as a cover to avoid being caught.
- 8Once he's reached the river, follow him inside for the next objective.
Part 3: Eavesdrop
The target will be on the staircase on the left side.
- 1Listen to the conversation.
- 2Do not get off the circle to listen to their conversation.
- 3The two targets will have 3 stops around the room.
- 4You can use the standing patrons as your cover.
- 5After the eavesdropping, approach the woman.
- 6Interact with the woman to complete the second memory.
Memory 3: Laying the first brick
Part 1: Infiltration
- 1Enter the gate of the plantation.
- 2Continue to the road until you spot a building located on the left side.
- 3Make your way behind the building to follow the passage until you reach the shrub.
- 4Use an "eagle eye" vision to look for a cane where you can spot the target.
- 5Jump on top of the wall to remain being under cover and interact with your contact.
- 6Once you have spoken to your contact, wait for the area to be safe and use the bushes and building to hide from the guards.
- 7Once you have passed the second building, you will then find yourself in another plantation.
- 8Look for the first cane for you to hide from other guards.
Part 2: Attack
In this new location, your objective is to kill the overseers in the area.
- 1You will find 14 hostiles here as you progress.
- 2Once you get caught by any of the guards, they will start killing the slaves.
- 3After you've killed all the overseers, approach the glowing man to interact for a scene.
Part 3: The Chase
- 1Attack, you need to chase the fellows in the boat.After the Part 2:
- 2Use the rope nearby and then race across the platforms.Run.
- 3#Once you have reached the wooden poles, there will be a scene to end your mission.Climb the wall on the next platform then move forward until you reach outside.
Memory 3A: Interlude: Liberation
You will find yourself in the Maroon hideout. There will be a short tutorial that can help regarding the liberation tasks.
- 1Follow the objective marker and buy some ammunition if you require it.
- 2Once you've completed the task, you'll find yourself in Port Au Prince with another green objective to exit.
- 3To proceed to the next mission, you need to recruit 20 maroons by simply completing the Liberation Mission's side missions until you have 20 recruits.
- 4If you do not have 20 maroons yet, you can do any of the following to get them:
- Attack a plantation and kill all guards.
- Save a fleeing slave from pursuers.
- Free slaves from cages and looting the key from a guard.
- Free slaves from a slave auction either killing guards or paying 500 reales.
- Free slaves from the streets.
- Free slaves from punishment.
- Carry injured slaves to a safe location.
- 5Once you have 20 maroons, your next mission objective will become available, however, the mission depends on whether it's night or day in the game.
- For daytime, simply deal with 20 guards and you will earn 30 slaves and 10 maroons.
- For nighttime, you need to locate a guard and get the key in the plantation to unlock doors to earn the same rewards.
- 6It is suggested that you free 50 slaves and not the maroons to get the next liberation sequence.
Memory 4: A Ship of His own
This main mission which can be found on a rooftop in the city of Port au Prince, can only be activated if you have freed 20 Maroons.
- 1You will have a new item here called firecrackers.
- 2Jump off the building behind you to get onto the next rooftop by using the branch to hop on.
- 3Leave some firecrackers for the guards to investigate, and run to move forward to the next area with the marker.
- 4If you want to avoid enemies, use the rooftop to hide from them, or stay on ground to get the objective.
- If you are going to use the rooftops, you need to use sleeping darts and take the gunners down for they can call more guards to attack you.
- If you want to stay on ground, you need to hire some women to provide camouflage or look for some grass or shrubs to hide from the guards.
- 5Once you have reached the area, the guard tower will be lit up.
- 6Run quickly to the dock and dive into the water to use stealth swimming to avoid being detected by the guards.
- 7Climb the first platform on the mast that you see, and you will be detected by a gunner on your left.
- 8Take him down, if you want.
- 9Continue till you reach the platform then take the guard down.
- 10Use your sleeping darts on the gunner located on the other side.
- 11Climb on the color green hologram and you will have a short scene there to complete your current mission.
- 12Once this mission has been completed, you need to free 150 slaves by completing side quests or attacking some slave ships and freeing them to activate the next mission.
- 13You can do side quests in order to free slaves and not the Maroons to activate the next mission.
- 14If you managed to free some slaves, the next mission will automatically be activated.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Cheat in Assassins Creed IV. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Cheat_in_Assassins_Creed_IV
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Cheat in Assassins Creed IV." VisiHow, visihow.com/Cheat_in_Assassins_Creed_IV Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Cheat in Assassins Creed IV." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Cheat_in_Assassins_Creed_IV.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Melsan, Lynn