Charge a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Faster
Edited by David Mason, VisiHow, Eng
If you have had trouble quickly charging your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you're not alone. A number of people have reported problems charging their Galaxy S7. They have said that the S7 takes too long to charge or that their Galaxy 7 is not charging fully in some cases. More often than not, these problems have to do with using old chargers, which don't provide a high enough voltage to charge the new high-capacity battery. Other times, it's a USB cable that is not rated properly and fails to charge the phone sufficiently. There are also issues with USB adapters, which do not connect properly and interfere with the charging process. All of these things can stop your GS7 from charging properly. Of course, some applications and some phone settings can cause problems too. We'll discuss all this and more in the tutorial below, where we show you how to charge your Galaxy S7 quickly.
Understand Normal and Adaptive Fast Charging
The difference between normal charging and adaptive fast charging is significant. We will show you in the images below just how significant that difference is.
- 3Most people are not going to take more than an hour to do that. This would either leave your phone fully charged with adaptive fast charging or a little less than 80 % with a standard charger. While it may not seem like much: how many times have you made it home with less than 20 % battery? Without the adaptive fast charger, your phone would have died.Consider that you may come home from work at 50 % battery and want to charge your phone up while grabbing a quick bite to eat and getting ready to go out and meet friends.
Connect and Disconnect Your Charger
The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is shipped with an adaptive fast charger. For those of you unfamiliar with what an adaptive fast charger is, it's basically a charger that puts out a higher-than-normal level of charge to your phone. New phones with high-capacity batteries benefit the most from this. Below, we will go over the charger and how to connect and disconnect it.
- 8Note that you may need to wiggle the end of the cable from side to side slightly in order to remove the micro USB cable. This is because it is designed to sit very snugly in the phone.To remove the micro USB connector from the phone you will also need to grasp the connector firmly and pull it back.
- 9Now you know how to connect and remove your charger from the Galaxy S7.
Close Opened Applications
To speed up charging it's always a good idea to close opened applications. Closing opened apps is a very simple and easy thing to do.
Lock Your Phone
Another good idea is to lock your phone. Locking the phone reduces power consumption from the primary screen. It is very easy to lock your phone.
Turn on Airplane Mode
If you would like to speed up charging even more, you may enable 'Airplane mode'.
- 4For this reason, many people prefer not to follow this step. However, it does speed up the charging of your phoneNote that you will not be able to use your phone while in 'Airplane mode'.
Enable Low Power Mode
If you really want to speed up charging your phone, you can enable 'Low power mode'. Just keep in mind that all of these little tweaks and settings are not going to significantly speed up the overall charging of your phone. You may end up with 10% or at best 20% faster charge, unless, of course, you're also playing a game or doing some heavy media browsing and recording while trying to charge. At any rate, enabling 'Low power mode' is very easy.
- 8As mentioned previously while this does speed up charging, it is not an enormous benefit. In most cases, the time spent turning this on will outweigh the benefit of an additional few minutes saved in charging the phone.Once 'Ultra power saving mode' has been turned on, you will see that your screen is black and you have much less power consumption.Advertisement
- Make sure that your charger is always securely connected to the wall. An improperly connected charger does not provide stable or consistent current. This will result in a slower charge, even if you're using an adaptive fast charger.
- Remember to disable functions you are not using, such as Bluetooth or WiFi, if you are charging your phone and not using it at the same time.
Questions and Answers
How can I charge the phone faster?
What can I do fix setting, like where should I go to fix?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Charge a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Faster. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Charge_a_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_Edge_Faster
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Charge a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Faster." VisiHow, visihow.com/Charge_a_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_Edge_Faster Accessed 26 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Charge a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Faster." Accessed May 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Charge_a_Samsung_Galaxy_S7_Edge_Faster.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: VisiHow, David Mason