Charge a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
This is a tutorial on how to charge the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2. For those of you unfamiliar with this amazing smartwatch, it's a waterproof multi-function smartwatch produced by Samsung. In terms of smartwatches, it's one of the best pieces of technology on the market. In fact, many people feel that it is superior both in terms of function and aesthetics. Technically it's also superior to the Apple iWatch, but you didn't read that here. Obviously technology changes constantly, so it won't be top dog forever. One of the great things about the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 is the wireless induction charging. Just slip off your watch, drop it in the cradle, and charge away. OK, it's a bit more involved than that to get started, but once you're set up it really is that easy. Read on for the details.
Set Up Your Wireless Charger
The very first thing you will need to do to charge your new Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch is to unwrap the magnetic wireless charger. This is because the charger itself is wrapped in clear plastic. While it still works as a charger, it looks bad.
- 2After that, plug in the charger.Now, some have found this to be a bit counterintuitive, because the watch lists itself as wirelessly charging, and the wireless charging device is quite small without any immediately visible raw connections or ports. At least, not until you look on the back of the charger.Advertisement
- 3When you look on the back of the charger, you'll see a little micro USB charging port.This is where you will plug-in your charger. You will use the same charger that you use for your Samsung Galaxy smart phone or other Android device. There is also a charger included with the Gear S2 watch, should you need it.
- 11That's it.You are now charging your new smartwatch. Once your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 is fully charged, you can simply remove it from the wireless charger by picking it up. This is because it is only attached with magnets.Advertisement
- To learn more about the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch and how to use it please visit the rest of our tutorials here on VisiHow.
This has been a tutorial on how to charge your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smartwatch.
See other tutorials on Galaxy Gear: Update Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch Tizen OS, Understand the Buttons and Functions of a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Watch, Change Watch Faces on a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Remove or Replace a Watchband on the Galaxy Gear S2, Setting Up Samsung GALAXY Gear S2 Smartwatch, Change Language on a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Factory Reset a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Locate a Misplaced Galaxy Gear Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Locate a Misplaced Galaxy Gear Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Connect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Disconnect GALAXY Gear from Samsung GALAXY Note 3, Install Galaxy Gear Manager on Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Configure or Synchronize Your GALAXY Gear with Samsung GALAXY S5, and Locate Your Galaxy Note 3 Using Galaxy Gear.
Questions and Answers
What is wrong with my charger?
When I plug it in, it flashes red green red, and then when I put my watch on nothing shows up. I have tried: Unplugging and plugging back in. I think it was caused by: No idea, it's a geek refurbished from best buy
Edit: I had the same problem and used a different cable. The watch charger didn't like the cable, and neither does my phone. Hope that helps! -Ashleigh
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, VisiHow