Change your Windows 7 Start Button
Edited by Jeffrey Casel, Charmed, Eng, Anonymous and 4 others
Are you fed up with the old icon of your Windows start button? If you do not want to see the same icon from the day that you used a Windows based computer. This article can help you personalize the icon to what you want to see on your start button. See the instructions below on how to change it at ease.
- 1Download Windows 7 Start Button ChangerAdvertisement
- 3Go to a search engine and look for your desired icon.Here is an example link: http://www.deviantart.com/?q=start+orb Deviantart
Start Menu Outlines
Make Use of the Start Menu to Perform the Following Actions
- 1Begin or set up system/software.Advertisement
- 2Launch frequently used portfolios.
- 3Explore programs, data, and folders.
- 4Modify your computer's settings.
- 5Get assistance with Windows operating system.
- 6Shut down your computer.
- 7Change to another user account.
Beginning with the Start Menu
To begin the Start menu, simply click the icon located on the bottom left screen. you can also press the windows key button on your keyboard to launch it.
- The big left window/panel which presents a brief listing of programs on the computer.
- The right panel gains access to frequently used portfolios, files, etc.
- The last option from left panel, it your search tool. The search tool will let you look for data by simply typing the key words.
Things in the Right Panel
Adding Skins to Windows 7
Did you know that you can personalize the look of your windows 7 desktop screen by simply putting up skins. These skins can be downloaded from deviant are or to any website that provides download of free skins for windows 7 computers and lower version. Here are the steps on how you can add skins and style your Windows 7 computer desktop screen.
- 1On your computer, download a program called rainmeter.This rainmeter is a reading tool for skins on your computer desktop. This program is an open source, meaning it can be modified by the user. You can go to this link where you can download the rainmeter: rainmeter.netAdvertisement
- 3Once you have install the program on your computer (The rainmeter), look for skins that you can download and add it on your computer.There are two types of skins that you can down, First is an installer format and the .rar file.
- If you download an installer format, simply run the installer and the rainmeter will automatically install the skins on your computer.
- If you have downloaded a .rar file, simply extract the file and copy the folder. The on your computer,Go to My computer then Drive C: (or to any drive that you saved the installation) then program files and open the rainmeter folder. Then look the Skins folder and simply paste the extracted folder.
- 5On the skins Tab.You would be able to see folders of the skins that you have downloaded that same as the examples above. You can select a folder you want to open and add them on your desktop screen. Simply open the folder and click the note icon with a gear icon on it. Click the load button and the skin will appear on the top right corner by default. You can drag and put it anywhere you like on your computer screen.Advertisement
Once you are done configuring or adding skins on your computer desktop screen it would look pretty as most of the skins are real time and moving. Most of the skins are clickable and moving for your preferred desktop design. Here is simple example on how it looks like when you add skins on your computer desktop screen. See the screen shot.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- The orb/icon will be always in bitmap format
- If you want to restore the same old icon. Run the program again and simply click Restore original.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Melsan, Lynn, Pia Marie Villamante