Change the Text Size on Iphone 5c
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 4 others
The iPhone 5c is Apple's newest addition to its mobile products, released on September 20, 2013. It has pretty much the same features as other iPhones but this phone comes with a pre-installed iOS 7 on it. Those of you who are used to iOS 6 may find some of the options on iPhone 5c a bit tricky.
Below, I will show you how to change the text size on the iPhone 5c. I hope this will be helpful to the phone's new users.
- 1 Change the Phone's Text Size in Six Easy Steps
- 2 Tips
- 3 Benefits of Using Larger Text Size
- 4 Disadvantages of Very Large Text Fonts
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
Change the Phone's Text Size in Six Easy Steps
- 1On the home screen, tap on "Settings".2Scroll down and tap on "General".3Tap on "Accessibility".4Tap on "Larger Type".5Drag the slider to the left for smaller text and to the right for larger text.6You will now see that the text on top of the slider will change its size, depending on the size you have chosen.
Benefits of Using Larger Text Size
- 1It helps to reduce eye strain, especially with prolonged phone use.Most people nowadays are very dependent on their iPhones and it has indeed become a necessity in day to day life, not just in business. Therefore, a good amount of people's time are actually spent in front of a smartphone doing many different things such as email, text messages, even plain and simple reading a book. With this, since there is obviously prolonged use, it is advisable to adjust the text size to a more comfortable size so it does not strain the eyes. Larger fonts are overall easy to see, especially if the user is myopic, so there is not much trouble having to squint just to see the text well.2It helps to avoid confusion because of misread information.The larger the texts are, the less the likelihood of committing mistakes in understanding because the message was read wrongly. This is especially important when important information is being sent over through text message.3It encourages the elderly to continue using smartphones.It is usual among the elderly that eye problems just automatically occur. Therefore, making smartphones easier for them to use through larger fonts will definitely be very encouraging for people at this age group to just continue using it.
Disadvantages of Very Large Text Fonts
- 1It diminishes a bit of privacy.If your text fonts are too big, there is a tendency for people sitting beside you or near you to be able to read your messages. This may be an issue if you are talking about something confidential. In this case, you may want to use those screen protectors which only make the screen visible to you and not to the people sitting near you.2It may require you to scroll down more often.Since the iPhone screen can only accommodate too much, if you use large text fonts, you would have to scroll down and left and right more often than if you are using smaller fonts.3It may lead to some misunderstanding as well, especially when not all of the information is displayed on the screen.There are cases when a message is actually longer, but what you see on the screen is only a part of it. From there, you can make conclusions immediately and these conclusions may not always be positive. Remember that if you are using larger fonts, you would need to scroll further down first to see the entire message before making any conclusions.4It may slow you down as you text.When using larger fonts, your cursor would have to switch lines more often as you type in words. If the version of your iOS is older, this may be an issue as you may take a while before you are able to move to the next line.5It may give you a feeling that you are texting a long message already, even if you are not.If you are particular about counting the number of characters per text message to maximize the allocated characters before it becomes another message, larger fonts may give you the feeling that you are sending quite a long message already. This may involuntarily cause you to shorten your message to maximize the characters even if you still have a lot of space.
Questions and Answers
Icon text size on the phone... I need larger.text?
Icon text size on the phone... I need larger.text
Unfortunately on your iPhone 5c or other devices there is no way for you to personally customize the text size of your icons on your main menu.
My iPhone text is too large and I can't access the control to change it?
Text size. my iPhone text is too large and I can't access the control to change it
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Maria, Monika, Robbi
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 5,517 times.