Change the Default Apps and to Reduce/Limit the Data Usage of Your Google Chrome from an Android Phone
Edited by Daniel, Alma, Eng
Are you fond of using your Google Chrome browser from your Android device? However, we all know that the Google Chrome Android version consume a lot of data than the normal usage of a browser that we cannot deny that the Google Chrome for Android is better than the preset Internet browser that is built-in on your phone. If you have data usage limit from your network carrier where you must not go beyond to pay extra. Google did not deny the fact of this issue that it will consume too much of your data which most of those users keeps on complaining, however, with the latest update of the Google Chrome Android version. The issue has been addressed where you can simply "Reduce Data Usage" using this browser. This feature has been added but turned off by default, Once you enable this feature your Chrome browser will load faster than normal and will consume less data than before.
This article will not just only give you an idea on how you can reduce the data usage of your Google Chrome for Android but also helps you on how to "Change the Default Apps" for various Tasks on Android device. Normally, if you want to change the preset Android apps on the phone you normally go to your phone settings then application manager then you select the application you want to set as your defaults. As an average Android user, you may find this difficult where you need an alternate way on how you can manage it in a least amount of time. You do not need to anything much as this is your guide to all what you need to do. You will find all of the instructions below:
Reduce Data Usage on Chrome
- 1Launch your Google Chrome Browser from the list of applications you have on the phone.Advertisement
- 2On your Google chrome, tap the three square looking icon on the top right side to go in the Settings and look for the Bandwidth Management.Advertisement
- 3On the Bandwidth Management, tap on the "Reduce data usage" then switch it to "On".Once it has been turned on, as mentioned earlier that the browsing will be faster with less consumption
If you want to compare the bandwidth your browser is consuming, you can go back to the Bandwidth Management option then tap it again to see the "Data Counter". Check the screenshot below:
Change the Default Apps
- 1Download the application called "Default App Manager" on your phone.To download this application, go to your Play store and type the said name of the application then install.Advertisement
- 2Once you have the application installed on your phone, look for it then launch the app.You will see there list of applications that you can select.
- 3On the list of apps, go to the Set defaults Tab then it will set all those applications you want to see as your default.Advertisement
This is the easiest way you can set your default applications for various task on your Android device.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Alma, Daniel