Change the Android System Language to Japanese
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng, HungryHipp0s and 4 others
Method 1: English to Japanese
You're watching VisiHow. Today we are going to teach you how to change the Android system language to Japanese.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Change the Android System Language to Japanese English to Japanese
- 3 Steps
- 4 Video: Change the Android System Language to Japanese Japanese to English
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 How to change system language to Japanese on S6?
- 5.2 I have an S6. Japanese is not listed in languages. How can I get it?
- 5.3 I don't have Japanese as a "Language", is there a way to add it in?
- 5.4 In my phone, I do not see Japanese Language in setting - Language?
- 5.5 So whenever I try to change my system language to Japanese, it is unavailable as an option?
- 6 Comments
- 7Scroll down through the list until you find Japanese.Japanese, and other languages similar to it, are not going to appear in the actual language you may expect them to appear in, but rather, they're going to appear in the character set specific to that language. In this case, we're going to be using this.
- 10This concludes our tutorial for how to set up the Japanese language on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.Thank you for choosing VisiHow, have a great day.
Video: Change the Android System Language to Japanese English to Japanese
Method 2: Japanese to English
You're watching VisiHow. Today we are going to teach you how to change your system language from Japanese to English.
- 5Now we need to scroll down to the System Menu.Obviously, if you don't speak or read Japanese, you may not be able to find the Systems Menu, however, you can find the grey, letter A character icon. That is the icon that will allow you to change, modify or update the system language. Press it one time and this will open up the option to change the languages.
- 11This concludes our tutorial on how to remove the Japanese language from your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone and set it back to the default of English.Thank you for watching VisiHow. Have a great day.Advertisement
Video: Change the Android System Language to Japanese Japanese to English
Questions and Answers
How to change system language to Japanese on S6?
I just purchased a Galaxy S6 device and want to be able to change the system language to Japanese, but I am wondering if you had to "root" your S6 device in order to use the Japanese language, or was it already available as a pre-installed language? When I spoke with Samsung, they told me that the only pre-installed languages available are English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, and Korean.
To get an additional language that is not stock, it is better to use an app like MoreLangs from Google Play. This way you do not have to root your device and add custom OS which tends to be sometimes less reliable. With MoreLangs, you can easily toggle between both languages.
I have an S6. Japanese is not listed in languages. How can I get it?
Japanese is not listed as a language option, how can I get it?
You can watch in this Youtube Tutorial how to install Google Japanese Input from Google Play. To toggle back and forth after install, you would tap the globe at the bottom of your keyboard and the list will come up of the languages you have on your phone.
I don't have Japanese as a "Language", is there a way to add it in?
I have a Droid Turbo 2, and it can have Japanese as an input and voice typing... but not language
Set Locale & Language is an app in Google Play that will do what you are asking for. With the stock keyboards on the Droid Turbo 2 you will only have what you have already discovered but this app will boost it further.
In my phone, I do not see Japanese Language in setting - Language?
I open the setting menu, and I choose Language, I just find 6 language, is : Indonesian, Filiphin, Thai, India, Malay, and English.
If you do not see the language you would like, you will have to install an app or root the phone and put on a Custom OS with Japanese as a selection.
Following the instructions very closely, I did everything that was mentioned to me in this tutorial and was not able to find the Japanese language option. in fact, there are only about 7 options to choose from.. I have tried: I haven't rooted my phone. I have just reread this tutorial multiple times to not have any success.. I think it was caused by: Maybe the software is unavailable. I have this model phone so that is the part that is really confusing me
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Rob, Anonymous, nichole astello