Change Your motorcycle Oil
Edited by aianne b.
To have a smoother ride and keeping the engine in good shape, it is better to change your engine oil regularly every 6 months. It is important because it serves as a lubricant to moving parts of your engine and also serves as a coolant. It also cleans parts of the engine by carrying away the dirt and depositing it in the oil filter plus it has an anti corrosion effect on the engine parts. Now let us begin this simple tutorial on how you can change your engine oil for your motorcycle.
- 1You'll need replacement engine oil, long nose pliers, socket wrench, a basin or pan, extra rugs and a funnel.Gather materials needed for oil change.Advertisement
- 2It is located at the right side of the engine that can be easily distinguish by its color black and is made of plastic. Use your long nose pliers to open the cap. Opening it will allow air to go in while you are draining the oil thus as a result it will be faster to drain your engine oil.First open the oil filler cap.Advertisement
- 3Using your socket wrench remove the drain plug underneath the oil pan. Make sure that you have the basin or pan placed under it so that it will catch the oil draining from your engine. Wait until there is no more oil dripping.Second drain the oil.
- 4Use the rug to clean the drain plug and also replace the existing crush washer.Third clean the drain plug and replace the crush washer.
- 5It is located at the side of the engine, remove it and wipe it using the rag to clean it.While draining your oil you can clean the mesh filter.
- 6Use the manual to know the oil capacity of your engine and using the a funnel fill in the engine with the new oil. After you fill in our oil replace the oil cap and you are good to go.Place back the drain plug and mesh filter and start refilling the engine with the new engine oil.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Safety first. Make sure you did not use your motorcycle to ensure that the engine is not hot. hot engines means hot oil, and you might hurt yourself.
- Properly dispose the used engine oil. you can recycle it or use it as lubricant in rusted screws.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Change Your motorcycle Oil. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Change_Your_motorcycle_Oil
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Change Your motorcycle Oil." VisiHow, visihow.com/Change_Your_motorcycle_Oil Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Change Your motorcycle Oil." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Change_Your_motorcycle_Oil.
Categories : Automotive