Change Your Android System Language
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, Jen M, Eng and 8 others
Method 1: English to Russian
You are watching VisiHow! Today, we are going to show you how to change your system language from English into Russian on your Samsung Galaxy S5 or S5 Mini.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Change Your Android System Language from English to Russian
- 3 Steps
- 4 Video: Change Your Android System Language from Russian to English
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
- 10One press on that will bring up the list of menu options, which will allow me to change the language to Russian ("Русский"), as we have discussed it at the beginning of this guide.
Video: Change Your Android System Language from English to Russian
Method 2: Russian to English
You are watching VisiHow! Today, we are going to show you how to change your system language from Russian into English on your Samsung Galaxy S5 or S5 Mini.
- 19I can see that my home screen is still in English, indicating that the system change has taken effect; and my system language now has been changed to English instead of Russian.
Video: Change Your Android System Language from Russian to English
Questions and Answers
Change Your Android System Language from English to Russian?
When I follow your video I don't see Русский in the list of languages.. I have tried: I followed your instructions. I think it was caused by: Something is missing in your instructions - on my list of languages there are only 7 languages - NO Russian
- 2On the phone, press the home button.
- 3Tap on "Apps".
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap on "About".
- 6Tap on "Build Number" many times until you see "You are now a developer".
- 7Press the back button.
- 8Tap on "Developer options".
- 9Tap on "USB Debugging" to enable it.
- 10Download and install a ZIP file under "Get just the command line tools" at http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#downloads.
- 11Extract the ZIP file.
- 12Run "SDK Manager.exe" in the extracted folder.
- 13Uncheck everything.
- 14Optionally, check "Google USB Driver".Check only "Android SDK Platform-tools".
- 15Click the "Install" button.
- 16Accept the license by clicking the button.
- 17The ADB tool will be extracted to the "platform-tools" folder within the extracted archive.Click "Install".
- 18To do that, launch the File Explorer (Windows + "E" keys). Click the "C" drive. Click an empty space where you see the folders. Select "New" > "Folder". Type "ADB". Copy the contents of the "platform-tools" folder of the extracted archive to the "C:\ADB" folder.For your convenience, create the "ADB" folder in the root folder of the "C" drive.
- 19Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cord.
- 20On your computer, press the Windows key.
- 21Type "cmd" and press "Enter".
- 22Type "CD c:\adb".
- 23Your devices should be recognized by the system and shown in the Command Prompt under "List of devices attached".Type "adb devices".
- 24Type "adb shell".
- 25Type "pm list packages morelocale".
- 26Type "pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale Android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION".
- 27Disconnect the phone from your PC.
- 28On the phone, open MoreLocale 2.
- 29Tap on it."Русский" should appear on the list.Advertisement
Did Android OS have the Russian language on all type devices?
I'm planning to buy a New RCA 11 Maven Pro Tablet 2 in 1 Android 5.0 and not sure about the option to switch to Russian language
These languages are installed based on Regions of sale. Before you purchase, ask them to check the system language options for Russian.
What do you mean by root of my C drive on my Computer? Just into C drive or in specific folders?
I don't understand what you mean by "Extract the ADB Folder into the root of your C drive." Do I just put it into my C drive? Or into a specific folder?
Root means into C:\ directly and not into any folder.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: vc, den15, ChillingC