Change Volume Settings on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Edited by Batkingnz, Lynn, Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Nuance
'Volume and sound - two very important aspects of your Smartphone. Imagine relying only on visual notifications to alert you when you've received an SMS, an email or an incoming phone call. Hard to imagine, right? Sound is a huge part of how we communicate and interact, and just an integral part of how you use your Smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy Note2 has it's fair share of trick, beyond simply turning the volume up and down.
To Quick Adjust The Volume On Your Samsung Galaxy Note2
First things first. If you simply want to adjust the volume on your phone, use the volume rocker on the left hand side of your device. This will adjust the system volume up or down, affecting music, games, video or whatever you're currently doing on your phone. For more detailed information on the sound settings, keep reading.
For a quick video on accessing the volume settings, click HERE.
- 1From your home screen, access "Settings" by swiping down from the top of your screen.Advertisement
- 2From the Settings Screen, under "Device", press "Sound".Advertisement
- 3You will now be presented with a list of settings that you can modify to control the audio and volume on your device.
- 4When you have completed the settings, you can back out to the home screen or simply hit the "Home" button on your phone.See the following for the explanation of each setting,
- Volume. Exactly as implied, this will allow you to individually adjust the level for ringtones and alerts, music/video and system sounds.
- Vibration intensity. Change the level of vibration when receiving notifications.
- Device ringtone. You can choose your ringtone here for incoming calls.
- Device vibration. Add or select a custom vibration pattern.
- Default notifications. You can select a ringtone for specific notifications like messaging, missed calls or alarms.
- Sound and vibration. This setting allows you to enable or disable the vibrate function.
- Key-tones. Enable or disable sounds when using the on-screen keyboard.
- Touch sounds. Enable or disable sounds when interacting with some applications or the touchscreen.
- Screen lock sound. Enable or disable the sound when locking or unlocking the screen.
- Haptic feedback. Enable or disable vibration when pressing keys on the device.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Battery life. High volume equals less battery life. Find the perfect balance between your needs and battery performance.
- Haptic feedback and vibration. These settings will also reduce your battery life. Try turning these off in situations where you don't need vibration, e.g. if the phone is on your desktop.
Questions and Answers
To increase volume on phone?
Not loud enough on notification.
Follow the below steps in order to increase the volume for your notifications: 1. Go to "Settings". 2. Go to "My Device Tab". 3. Go to "Sounds". 4. Tap on "Volume Level". 5. From here you will be able to change the volume level of all of your notifications on your device.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Lynn, Batkingnz