Change The Vibration Alert Settings on iPhone 5
Edited by Nate Pepperell, Lynn, Anonymous, Christine dela Cruz
The iPhone 5 comes equipped with a number of accessibility features that allow you to customize your settings. One of these features allows you to create custom vibration patterns when your phone rings or when you receive a notification. This article will show you how to change the vibration alert settings on your iPhone 5 so you can create your own custom vibration patterns.
Click the following link for more information on How To Use iPhone 5.
How to change the vibration alert settings and create your own custom vibration patterns on iPhone 5
Things to Note about the Vibration Alert Settings
- 1Phones are very useful, especially in cases of emergency.However, etiquette remains to be important, no matter how informal a situation may be.Advertisement
- 2If you are in a meeting, it remains to be improper to be receiving calls that vibrates through you phone.If it's a meeting, you have to set your phone on complete silent mode, meaning, no ring tones and no vibration. Vibration alone makes a very disturbing sound and your phone may move through a desk. In fact, it is even more disturbing than a regular ring tone. Therefore, you have to turn it off as well.
- 3If you set your phone on vibration, remember that that can consume a lot of battery as well.If you do not really need to set your phone on vibration or you can see your phone anyway, just turn it off to save some battery.
- 4If you are in a moving car or other modes of transportation, there are cases when even vibration cannot be noticed.Therefore, if you anticipate that you will be in a very noisy place and you are expecting an important call or text, make sure that you set your ring tone to loud as well. Otherwise, your vibration alert may not serve you that well.
- 5There are different modes of vibration that you can choose from.If you want something that's not very bothering, you can choose those modes which do not involve very long vibrations.
Annoying Habits that People Do with the Vibration Alert
- 1Putting the phone in the middle of the table while it is set on vibration alert.Not only is this very distracting, this can be very uncomfortable to other people using the table as well.Advertisement
- 2Setting vibration alerts for almost all functions of the phone.There is no need for vibration for almost all push notifications of apps, unless you have serious problem hearing ring tones or you don't always see your phone to see the notifications. Also, not all apps are urgent to be seen, so there is definitely not much reason for vibration alerts for all of them.
- 3Letting the vibration alert just continue, even if you notice it already.Some people try to avoid certain calls at certain period of time. While this is perfectly OK, especially when the reason for avoiding the call is valid, such as when you are in this middle of the meeting, you should keep in mind that it is rather impolite to keep the vibration continuous. Most cellphones have the function of silencing the phone as it rings or vibrates. Use that accordingly. When you have seen the call or text, just turn off the vibration alert, whether or not you decide to take the call.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Lynn, Nate Pepperell