Change Preferred Network Mode on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Jen M, Cheruiyot and 2 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to change the preferred network mode on an HTC One M8.
- 13"Slot 2 network" is currently not available on this phone because there's only one SD card inserted into our HTC One M8. If you have a dual SIM and are using both slots, both Slot 1 and Slot 2 will be available. Then you'll need to choose which network and slot to use or edit.We want the option that says "Slot 1 network".
- 17At the top it says, "3G only". Going down from there, it says, "2G", "2G/3G auto", and "2G/3G/4G auto". These are the different options. We can either allow the phone to automatically decide the best network mode, or we can choose from 3G or 2G only. The reasons for doing this is just to take more control over what we can do. Some different networks require more memory, more battery, or more information. Some are limited, and we won't be able to send certain images, file sizes, or a certain quality. This may be related to the data plan and things of this nature. It's easier for us to work only in one network mode, and this gives us the option to customize those choices.This is our "Preferred network mode".
- 23If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you.This concludes our tutorial on how to change the preferred network mode on an HTC One M8.
Video: Change Preferred Network Mode on HTC One M8
Questions and Answers
My HTC one M8 does not show network mode option. What can I do?
I bought HTC One M8 in the U.S. I am using 4G SIM. My HTC one M8 does not show network mode option. What can I do?
- Check if you put your SIM card into the second slot by mistake if you are using an HTC One M8 Dual SIM phone.
- You can also dial *#*#4636#*#* and look up "Set preferred network type" there. You can tap the drop-down menu and select the network type.
- If you are sure that the SIM is in the correct slot (or there is only one slot) and the code does nothing, then you might want to try to hard-reset the phone if you are willing to risk losing data: press the home button, swipe down from the top, tap on the settings wheel icon. Tap on "Backup & reset" and "Reset phone" and confirm the action.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Cheruiyot, Jen M