Change Microsoft Account Password on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Gordon, Jen M, emma johnson and 16 others
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to change the password on a Microsoft account while using a Microsoft Lumia 535. This password applies to all the Microsoft accounts, including Hotmail, Outlook, and Office accounts. [[Image:change_Microsoft_account_password_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535. mp4-canvas90_548121.jpg|center|630px]]
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Change Microsoft Account Password on Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 Hi there, my cousin has just got a Lumia 535 and I tried to set her up with Facebook but made a mistake with the password but told the phone to save it?
- 3.2 I can not enter to my account and use my Lumia?
- 3.3 I forgot my password. I would like to know the way to reset my password?
- 3.4 How can I install WhatsApp and how to delete the Microsoft account?
- 3.5 By mistake I added a wrong ID, now I don't know how to delete it?
- 3.6 I want to change my password and upgrade my WhatsApp?
- 3.7 I want to create a new account in Outlook?
- 3.8 How to recover my lost Outlook email password from Microsoft Lumia 532?
- 3.9 I have forgotten the password and my number is not working. How do I generate the new password for my Outlook account?
- 3.10 My Lumia 535 does not recognize my passcode. I have pressed vol down and on button got on screen! then I got try again in 4081 minutes?
- 3.11 I forgot my Microsoft ID password in Lumia 520, now what do I do?
- 3.12 Hi Thor, didn't expect you to be here. The problem is how to change MS account on a Lumia 650 phone?
- 3.13 The windows password has stamped itself on my internet explorer's blocking all internet connections it's showing a Hotmail account asking for a password I have no knowledge of?
- 3.14 I can't download, Synchronize, Personalize my Lumia Phone what do I do?
- 4 Referencing this Article
- 5 Comments
- 5If the link appears above the "browse or search" field, tap it. Alternatively, it may be necessary to type in the web address. The address is https://account.microsoft.com.Navigate to the Microsoft account sign in page.
- 11If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to change the password on a Microsoft account while using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
Video: Change Microsoft Account Password on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Hi there, my cousin has just got a Lumia 535 and I tried to set her up with Facebook but made a mistake with the password but told the phone to save it?
Password for Facebook incorrectly saved
Swipe left to enter the application menu.
- Tap "Settings".
- Tap "email+accounts".
- Tap and hold "Facebook" and then
- tap "Delete".
Now, add the Facebook account back again by tapping "Add an account" and then "Facebook". Follow the instructions afterward.
Alternatively, open a browser on your PC and go to  .
- Sign in with your Windows account.
- From the "Services" page,
- click "Edit Facebook settings".
- Click "Remove this connection completely" at the bottom of the page.
- Click "Remove" to confirm the removal.
From the homepage, you can add Facebook by clicking "Connect" and selecting Facebook from under "Add the accounts you use every day"
See more questions like this: What should we do when there is a wrong ID or password?
I can not enter to my account and use my Lumia?
I can not use my Lumia mobile for Viber and WhatsApp, I forgot my password to the Microsoft account and when I try to change passport and a code is sent to me I write and verify it go back to the previous page without any result. I have tried: I repeatedly tried to change my password and in the last process after the code, the given code with four numbers does not work, the application return back. I think it was caused by: The precious password is not recognized as I do not use it for a long time
Reset your password again. This time choose the option I Don't Use These Anymore when it asks to send the code to your phone via SMS. You will then be given the option to put in a different email than the one you are trying to recover. Microsoft will take you through an extra security process to make sure you are not trying to steal the account. If all else fails, contact Microsoft directly because you will not be able to use your Nokia Lumia without your Microsoft Account. Also, to use WhatsApp and other apps, your Windows OS needs to be higher than 8.1.
I forgot my password. I would like to know the way to reset my password?
Applications cannot be installed onto the phone. The password has been forgotten, please provide the steps to reset the password. How to create a new one? I have tried: I have tried the link so far to reset the password.
- 1You may need to use a browser on your computer or another device.Navigate to https://account.live.com/password/reset.Advertisement
- 2Click the "I forgot my password" radio button.
- 3Click "Next".
- 4Enter your email address or phone number.
- 5Pass the human test by entering characters you see in the other input box.
- 6Click "Next".
- 7Check the option for the way to receive your security code.
- Click "I don't use these anymore" if you cannot access the options.
- You will need to confirm your email address or phone number.
- 8Click "Next".
- 9You may need to check your email inbox or phone for that.Enter the security code.
- If you chose "I don't use these anymore", enter your Microsoft account name and your new email address. You will be asked to enter some credentials such as your last numbers from your credit card, last numbers from a last used prepaid card, your name on the credit card, or the expiry date of the credit card. After you have submitted the data, you will be contacted by Microsoft with details on how to reset the account password. Please wait for up to 24 hours to be contacted.
- 10Click "Next".
- 11Enter a new password and confirm it.
- 12Click "Next".
- 13Click "Next" again to finish the resetting procedure.
- If you still cannot recover your password, then you will have to create a new Microsoft account. You can do that by following our tutorial on how to set up a Microsoft account on any device with a web browser.
Note: you will need to hard-reset your Lumia 535 to use another Microsoft account.
- 1To reset your Lumia, turn it off.
- 2Press and hold the volume-down and power buttons.
- 3Release only the power button when the phone vibrates.
- 4When you see an exclamation mark, release the volume-down button.
- 5volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.Press the following combination by pressing and releasing each button:
- 6It may take some time.Wait until your phone restarts.
- 7Now, use your new Microsoft account.Advertisement
See more questions like this: Sir, I forgot my MS password for Windows 10 Lumia535. How to reset forgotten password?
How can I install WhatsApp and how to delete the Microsoft account?
Please help on how to download and install applications.
If you are intending to delete the Microsoft account from your phone, then you should start with that. Follow our instructions on how to restore the factory settings on your Windows Phone. Then, set up a new Microsoft Account on your smartphone. After this, swipe the screen left and tap on "Store". Search for WhatsApp in Store and install the program.
See more questions like this: How can I update my WhatsApp without needing the Microsoft account password?
By mistake I added a wrong ID, now I don't know how to delete it?
By mistake, I added a wrong ID, now I don't know how to delete it. I have tried: I tried to delete Microsoft account
On a Window's phone, you are not able to delete the email account that was originally set up on the phone unless you factory reset the device. You will lose all of your data unless you back it up first, though.
I want to change my password and upgrade my WhatsApp?
I wanted to upgrade my WhatsApp and because I have forgotten my password I could not upgrade the WhatsApp
WhatsApp does not have a password for their app. It links to the master email account and your phone number associated with the device. If you want to change your Microsoft password, there are numerous explanations on how to do so on this VisiHow page. You can also recover your password with Microsoft on the PC.
I want to create a new account in Outlook?
I want to create a new account in Outlook?
You can create a new account but you will have to delete your old account by factory resetting your device if it is a Windows OS device. Your only option is to Sync and not delete the original account associated with the device.
How to recover my lost Outlook email password from Microsoft Lumia 532?
I just cannot remember the password. I have tried: I tried to log in by putting many passwords. I think it was caused by: In the first place, I bought this phone immediately after my old phone was pickpocketed at a large crowd gathering at IOCL Terminal at Tinsukia. Therefore, hurriedly I put my details on the phone. But now I am unable to reopen my account using the password I thought I used.
You can reset your password on the PC. I would caution though that since your phone was stolen, you should factory reset it. This is just to protect in the case that malware was installed on the device. You can connect the phone to Nokia's PC Suite to backup images and contacts first.
See more questions like this: I don't know my Microsoft Outlook password
I have forgotten the password and my number is not working. How do I generate the new password for my Outlook account?
I have forgotten the password and my number is not working. How do I generate the new password for my Outlook account? I have tried: I tried password whatever I remembered. I think it was caused by: My phone not working to get the code
Go to the Reset Your Microsoft Password on the PC. Follow the process they have set up to rectify your issue.
How do I get into the phone to reset the passcode. I have tried: She has forgotten the long passcode she set herself. When I asked Vodafone they said I need letters and numbers but the passcodes are numbers only
You will have to factory reset the Nokia Lumia device. There is no way to recover a passcode using an email on the Nokia Lumia devices like you can on Android with your Google Account.
I forgot my Microsoft ID password in Lumia 520, now what do I do?
I updated my Nokia Lumia 520, after update I can't access my phone because I forgot my Microsoft password
You will need to through Microsoft's Password Recovery process on the PC. After you have recovered your password, you will need to Sync the account to the phone again in order to fully use the device.
Hi Thor, didn't expect you to be here. The problem is how to change MS account on a Lumia 650 phone?
I can add an additional account but we want this one to be the Master but can't change it. Do you have an instruction on how to do?. I have tried: We have tried to remove the current account without any change
The only way to remove your original Master Account is to perform a hard reset on the Lumia 650. You can connect to Nokia's PC Suite to backup the phone with the new Microsoft account. Sometimes though it still glitches and will not allow you to backup with the new account.
The windows password has stamped itself on my internet explorer's blocking all internet connections it's showing a Hotmail account asking for a password I have no knowledge of?
Under my CORTANA A MESSAGE THAT SAYS ENTER YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PASSWORD THEN TAP SAVE SHOWING A Hotmail ACCOUNT I DIDN'T KNOW EXISTS
If you have a phone provided by your employer, you may need to ask them what Hotmail account was used for the Microsoft Exchange Account. If they do not know it or did not set one up, then you should hard reset your device in case of malware being on the device. Do not access any bank or financial apps until you have done a hard reset to protect against theft.
I can't download, Synchronize, Personalize my Lumia Phone what do I do?
I bought Lumia phone which someone helps me to create Nokia account and now I do not have the password and the fellow is not with me again and I have no means to reach him. What do I do?.. I need to change the account and password. I have created a Microsoft account now but can't add it or delete the old account myself. Please Help me, I really need your help my WhatsApp is out and I can't download a new WhatsApp without the password of the old account
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Change Microsoft Account Password on Microsoft Lumia 535. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Change_Microsoft_Account_Password_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Change Microsoft Account Password on Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Change_Microsoft_Account_Password_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Change Microsoft Account Password on Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Change_Microsoft_Account_Password_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Maria, Unhappy, leem