Edited by Anonymous, Alma, Eng
Questions and Answers
Cayenne ruins vocal cords?
It is very possible. Anything that is spicy or hot temperature wise could damage your throat. It is best to avoid anything that can cause unnecessary damage to your throat if you are a singer. Make sure to stay hydrated, you can drink things like honey mixed with water to soothe your throat, and things like pineapple juice can help relieve excess mucus buildup and excess saliva production.
Side effect on vocal chord for speaking a lot?
Speaking a lot without taking into considerations the integrity of your vocal cords can have many side effects. Below are some of the most common side effects:
- Drying of the mucosal lining. When you speak a lot, the warm air coming from your lungs dries up the moisture on the mucosal lining of your throat.
- Vocal Cord Irritation. When your vocal cords are dry, they are easily gets irritated.
- Laryngitis or Throat Inflammation. When your vocal cords are irritated, inflammation of the tissues inside your throat will likely to occur.
- Vocal Cord Nodules. When you continue to abuse your voice, the inflamed tissues will gradually form scar tissues resulting to vocal cord nodules.
- Vocal Cord Lesions. Lesions or cuts in the vocal cords will also likely to occur because of the irritated and inflamed tissues.
The stated factors above are some of the most common side effects on your vocal cords if you speaks a lot.
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: Alma, Anonymous