Catch the Legendary Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Rebecca M., Leomar Umpad and 13 others
If you've ever played a Pokémon game, and you probably have if you're reading this, then you should know all about the legendary Pokémon. Legendary Pokémon are rare Pokémon in the game, and they can only be caught in precise circumstances. They offer higher base stats and higher tiered moves compared to regular Pokémon, as well as having unique abilities. As a special treat, in Pokémon X and Y you have more than the usual number to collect and we're going to tell you where to find them, just read on below.
- 1 Xerneas
- 2 Yveltal
- 3 Zygarde
- 4 Bonus Legendary Pokémon
5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 Where can I find Arceus in Pokémon X?
- 5.2 To capture Zygarde, do I go up the stairs outside or what?
- 5.3 How can I get a Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon?
- 5.4 I want to catch a Mew. What should I do?
- 5.5 Where do you catch Arceus, Diancie, and Lugia without Mystery Gift?
- 5.6 Can you get Arceus close to the game? I wanted one by Mystery Gift but it said the password I entered was wrong.
- 5.7 How to catch Genesect in Pokémon Y?
- 5.8 Are there any hidden Legendary in Pokémon X?
- 5.9 I'd like to know where to get Zekrom and Reshiram.
- 5.10 How do you get Uxie, Shaymin, Ho-Oh?
- 5.11 How to get on x origin after I caught the legendary Pokemon?
- 6 Comments
Xerneas is the mascot of Pokémon X and is a level 50 Fairy type Pokémon. When caught, it will already have the special ability 'Fairy Aura' as well as the exclusive move, 'Geomancy'.
- 1There is a cave door entrance here to the Flare Secret HQ, enter this.Head to Geosenge Town and go to the area where the crystals and Team Flare are hanging out (found at the top of the town).Advertisement
- 2Initially you will face Lysandre and six of his team. Once you have dispatched them, head down to the basement level and battle the four Team Flare grunts. Next up is Xerneas.You will need to fight all the enemies in here.Advertisement
- 3Just be sure that you have saved the game and you have a Master Ball on hand (the master ball is the best ball to use because it has a 100% catch rate on wild Pokémon).You won't need to do anything special to defeat Xerneas.
Yveltal is the mascot of Pokémon Y, and a level 50 Dark and Flying type of Pokémon. This Pokémon will have the Dark Aura ability when caught, which allows it to boost the power of all dark type moves in battle.
- 1The game will play out the same here, as it does in Pokémon X. You will fight Lysandre and his grunts, and then head downstairs to defeat another four grunts. This prevents Team Flare from using their ultimate weapon - and you will battle Yveltal.While you are in Geosenge Town, go to the area where the crystals and Team Flare are found.Advertisement
- 2If you don't have the Master Ball, weaken the Pokémon and catch it with any other kind of ball. Just make sure you have saved the game first!Just like in Pokémon X, your strategy should be to use a Master Ball to instantly catch this wild Pokémon.
Zygarde is the third new legendary for Pokémon X and Y. You can find it in Terminus Cave after you have finished the main storylines and defeated the Elite Four. Zygarde is a Dragon and Ground type Pokémon, and will be level 70 when you encounter it. When caught, it will already know the Aura Break ability, which can reverse any aura effects in battle.
- 1Once you reach the wooden train tracks, you will know you're on the right path. Follow the stairs to the track going to the cave entrance. Save your game now!After beating the Elite Four, head to Couriway Town, and then take Route 18 to get to Terminus Cave.Advertisement
- 2Here you will encounter Zygarde. Your strategy here is to weaken the Pokémon until his health bar turns red. It's not going to be as easy as that though!Enter the cave and keep going until you have reached the lowest level.
- 3Because you're underground, this ball will be the most effective. You shouldn't need any more than 10 Dusk balls to get the job done. If you don't have any and want to go at it in the regular manner, you're going to have some trouble. Zygarde has a low catch rate so you're going to be looking at 20+ Ultra Balls to catch this one. There is an easier way, but only if you still have a Master Ball in your inventory. Using a Master Ball, you can catch this wild Pokémon on the first throw.The best way to catch this Pokémon is with a Dusk Ball.
Bonus Legendary Pokémon
Aside from the above new Pokémon, there are also four past favorites included in the game. Because they're from previous titles they're not considered as rare here, but if you don't already have them, or you don't want to transfer them to the new game, then read on below to catch them all.
- 1These legendary birds are legendarily difficult to catch in Pokémon X and Y. You will encounter all of them at one of the following locations, after you've defeated the Elite Four. Zapdos will be found on Route 22 and Route 18, Moltres on Route 18, Route 4 and Route 5 and finally Articuno on Route 19 and Route 15.Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.
- After your first encounter, the Pokémon will instantly flee, but you can now track them from your Pokédex map. Just go to your Pokédex and you will now see the new location. For each of them you will need to have encountered them a total of 9 times before they will all appear in Sea Spirit's Den.
- A good idea when looking for them, is to use Max Repel with a Pokémon at the front of your party. Max is below level 65. This will stop any other wild Pokémon encounters. so you'll only see the legendary Pokémon.
- There's nothing special to catching these Pokémon, but encountering them enough times before they go to Sea Spirits Den is time consuming. Once you finally fight them, a Master Ball can catch them on the first throw, but since you've probably already used it at this stage of the game, Ultra Balls will be your best friends. Make sure that you have plenty on hand and have weakened the Pokémon to their red health bar before trying to catch them.
- 2Mewtwo is one of the original Pokémon favorites from the series, movie and of course the game.Mewtwo.
- Mewtwo won't be hard to find once you're in the Unknown Dungeon at the Pokémon Village. Mewtwo will be level 70 when encountered, so you can use a Max Repel with a level 65 Pokémon at the front of your party, in order to ward off any other wild Pokémon around.
- Again, unless you have a Master Ball, just stick to Ultra Balls or Dusk Balls if you have them. Get the Pokémon's health in the red and go for the catch.
Do I go up the stairs outside to battle with Zygarde?
You need to get inside the cave and travel down to the lowest level. The travel may be worthwhile if you pick up some fights along the way. Make sure that you save some of your resources for the battle with Zygarde, as this Pokémon is quite difficult to fight. You should note that Zygarde has a very low catch rate, so having a Master Ball is always the best option. Dusk Ball would be the next priority if you do not have a master ball. Bring at least 15 Dusk Balls with you just to be sure. This way, the time you spend going to the lower levels would be wasted if you don't defeat Zygarde.
Questions and Answers
Where can I find Arceus in Pokémon X?
I have looked everywhere for answers but I haven't found them.
You can find Arceus in Diamond,Pearl and Platinum with the Azure Flute. In HeartGold/SoulSilver, you have to trade for the Azure Flute. Then, in Black and White, you get him from Pokémon Global Link via an event. It's unclear how to get Arceus in X and Y. It appears it has to be through a trade.
To capture Zygarde, do I go up the stairs outside or what?
Zygarde is located on the lower-most level of the cave so you need to get inside the cave, fight through Pokémon's (if you prefer to), and go down the stairs. Going outside the cave will not bring you any nearer to this powerful Pokémon.
Make sure you have enough supplies, and some Master Balls on hand to be able to successfully weaken and capture this legendary monster
How can I get a Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon?
I need to get a Rayquaza Kyogre and Groudon for my friend Alistair. Can you please help me?
These three Pokémon are pretty powerful and make a great addition to any trainer's roster. Unfortunately, you can't catch any of those three in the wilds of X or Y - they can only be found in Ruby, Sapphire, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.
To get Rayquaza in HG or SS, you need to first get a Groudon (HG) and a Kyogre (SS) by bringing a Red Orb and Blue Orb, respectively, to the Embedded Tower. Note that only one color orb exists per game.
Once you've caught both, you'll need to trade one over to the other game, and then bring both Groudon and Kyogre to Professor Oak. He will then give you the Jade Orb, which you can bring to Embedded Tower to catch Rayquaza.
If you'd prefer, you can also wait until Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire are released. These games will be of the same generation as X & Y, and it will likely be easier to catch the Pokémon you're looking for in those games. Groudon and Kyogre will also be sporting new "Primal Reversions" in the games, making them even more powerful than before.
I want to catch a Mew. What should I do?
I've been wanting a Mew for a really long time.
Follow the suggestions from the article and the answers on this page. There are several video tutorials that you can watch for better success while gaming in Pokemon.
Where do you catch Arceus, Diancie, and Lugia without Mystery Gift?
If so, with Mystery Gift, how do you use that, and where do you get the Pokébank?
 You might find this video helpful.
Can you get Arceus close to the game? I wanted one by Mystery Gift but it said the password I entered was wrong.
The password was ARCEUSVOTE. Was it the date off?
These codes expire regularly. You will have to do a search for specifically what you want, the game and then working code for Mystery Gift. There are websites that update the working codes on a regular basis and users will up or down vote the codes.
How to catch Genesect in Pokémon Y?
I really like Genesect because it's so cool, but finding it on Pokémon is really super ultimate hard! It stresses me out. Can you help me? I have tried: I have tried searching the internet but nothing is working. I think it was caused by: I think that Genesect is a really rare Legendary Pokémon. I think that Pokémon Y is hiding Genesect somewhere making it really hard for players to find it.
You get Genesect with a mystery gift which is explained in this Youtube Tutorial.
I would like to know if it's possible to get the Eternal Floette version in Pokemon X. I have tried: Everything.
You would need AZ first. That being said, the cheat codes for the Eternal Floette are reported to be not working. They were through powersave.exe but stopped working about a year ago.
I'd like to know where to get Zekrom and Reshiram.
I've been looking for them for hours. Please help. You can watch how to catch Reshiram in Pokemon X with this Youtube Tutorial. This works for Pokemon X only. This Youtube Tutorial shows you how to catch Zekrom in Pokemon X and Y.
How do you get Uxie, Shaymin, Ho-Oh?
Do you know where any of the Legendary Pokémon are. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Pokémon
Uxie, Shaymin, and Ho-Oh are not available in Pokemon X/Y.
How to get on x origin after I caught the legendary Pokemon?
I don't know to get out on x origin.
It is the second secret cave on Victory Road. You will have to complete several battles first before it appears.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Nuance, luca, blaziken