Catch a Cheater With a Camera vs For Free vs With a Cell Phone ... and 3 more
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Eng
If you suspect that your partner is cheating on you, its only natural that you want to discover if your suspicions are true. So how do you do that? Well, ultimately, the best way is to do some old-fashioned interrogating to find out the truth and then confront the issue head on. It's preferable that you go this route rather than spying on them or trying to trap them because it allows you to maintain the moral high ground. If you stoop to spying or trickery, you are giving up some measure of righteousness, even if it turns out that they're totally a cheating scumbag. But that's not the what you're here for, so let's talk about the other not so nice ways you can catch a cheater.
Method 1: With a Camera
I feel a little creeped out writing this section. Before I continue, I have to say that if you're willing to go to the trouble of spying on your partner with a camera, then you've got some serious issues in your relationship, regardless if they are cheating or not. Anyway, yes, you can use webcams and hidden cameras to see just what your significant other is up to when you're not around.
- 1Almost every laptop comes with a camera so that your relatives can see your smiling face and you can see theirs when you're Skyping each other. By installing a free program such as iSpy or Sighthound on your laptop, you can set up your webcam to start recording when it detects any motion, such as your significant other bringing their lover home. 'Nuff said about that.Spy on them with your laptop webcam.Advertisement
- 2Seriously. Since modern lithium-ion batteries can be formed into almost any shape and size, you can buy a camera that's so tiny, it's virtually undetectable when craftily hid on a light fixture, plant leaves, bookcase, or virtually anywhere. Move over Q, there's a new Bond in town.Install hidden cameras all around your house or apartment.Advertisement
- 3Yes, you heard that right, and here's how you can do it. Be warned, the instructions call for you to install a program on your significant other's computer, or to get somehow them to download and install it without knowing what it is. If you're uncomfortable with this, then don't do it. Why would you want to turn on their webcam? Perhaps your significant other is Skyping with their lover when you aren't around, or maybe they're web camming with random strangers.Turn on their webcam remotely.
Method 2: For Free
- 1If they haven't passworded their computer or changed the password you know, you can get into it and look for anything suspicious. Things to check includeSnoop on their computer.Advertisement
- Emails sent and received
- Their web history
- New social media accounts
- ogins for sites such s AshleyMadison.com or dating sites
- Files in the Recycle Bin
- 2Obviously, it should be someone your significant other doesn't know or doesn't know very well. Have them tail your significant other when they're leaving work and whenever they leave the house.Get a friend to follow them.
- 3Snoop through your significant other's sock drawer, under their pillow, between the mattress, their office drawers if they have a home office, or their workshop if they have one. Check though any place that they consider their "space" for anything incriminating. It might be a burner cell phone, a love note, a receipt for a motel, or even a scrap of paper with a phone number on it.Look around the house.
- 4Have a friend that they don't know pose as someone who is interested in them and see if they take the bait. Have your friend show up someplace where your significant other is having a drink or something, and proposition them. If they respond positively, then you have proof that they are at least willing to be unfaithful, if not of the infidelity itself.Set a trap for them.
- 5listen in on their phone conversations. If you have a landline and two or more phones in your home, quietly pick up another receiver and listen. Be very quiet so that they remain unaware that you can hear the entire conversation.Landline only:
- 6Your phone bill will list outgoing and incoming calls and the phone number they were to or came from. Make a note of any recurring yet unfamiliar phone numbers. You can the use a reverse phone directory to find the owner. Please note that reverse directories don't always work because the number might be unlisted or have privacy protection on it.Check your phone bill.
Method 3: With a Cell Phone
Let your fingers do the walking. If they haven't password protected their phone, swipe the lock screen and take a look inside. Perhaps even more than their computer, your significant other's phone is a treasure trove of information. Look through:
- Their text message history for incriminating texts
- Their photo gallery for sexy pictures.
- WhatsApp history, if they use it.
- Browser history.
- Logins for dating sites or cheating websites such as AshleyMadison.
- Call logs for unfamiliar numbers
- Contacts for unfamiliar numbers and faces.
- Incriminating social media posts.
Method 4: With a Cheater App
Yes, there is an app for that; however, before you install any spyware on your partner's phone or computer, please realize that you are probably breaking the law if you don't tell your partner what you're doing. Most spy app developers get around potential illegalities either by designing their apps to work only with the full knowledge and consent of both partners or with some verbiage in the terms of service stating that the software is licensed for consensual use only. Of course, there are ways around both, but it's worth thinking about it carefully before you proceed.
- 2Although it is not free, mSpy is the most comprehensive spying app for phones and computers. It's a keylogger so you can see what you partner is typing, it lets you access their emails, Facebook posts, WhatsApp chats, text messages tracks their location, see website history, and much more. You still need to install it on their device, unlike the other apps listed, it doesn't track your information as well.mSpy.
- 3The following applications use the GPS on your partner's device to track their whereabouts. Of course, like the spy applications, you need to get somehow it installed on their phone and activate it without them knowing it.GPS apps.
- Locate and Find My Friends
- GPS Phone Tracker
- Track GPS Phone
Method 5: Online
No matter how stealthy we are online, we all leave a trail of breadcrumbs that any intrepid sleuth can uncover and follow. In fact, we share so much of our lives online, it's hard to believe how anyone can believe that they have any privacy, let alone care about it.
- 1Facebook mobile tell you the location from where a post was made or a photo was uploaded using GPS data, and Instagram does the same thing. Long press the photo or post on your device to access the menu to get more information.Check the details of their Facebook and Instagram posts.
- 2Does your partner regularly use review sites such as Yelp to post reviews? If so, they may have unwittingly slipped up by posting a review of a hotel, motel, or restaurant that they've been to with their lover.Check review sites.
- 3OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive, among others all allow instant syncing across all connected devices. That means any photos your partner has taken on their phone will be uploaded to their cloud storage, and if you have access to that account, you can see them right from your phone or computer without having to do anything beyond accessing the cloud account online.Check their cloud storage accounts.
Method 6: Hire a Private Investigator
What if you still suspect your partner of cheating on you, but you haven't been able to turn up any evidence of infidelity on your own? If that's the case, then it may be time to hire a professional to do some snooping on your partner.
Private investigators are often former police officers who have left the force to work for themselves. Many are skilled investigators, but some are not so much. How do you make sure that the one you hire is one of the good ones?
- 1Using the yellow pages is like taking a shot in the dark that private investigator you call is going to be any good. It's much better to have one referred to you from a trusted source, such as your local police, the FBI office in your area, lawyers who have used private investigators in the past, or the relevant licensing board in your state.Ask for a referral from the appropriate agency.
- 2Make sure they're an experienced investigator, not only generally, but also make sure that they have specific experience in dealing with infidelity cases. Investigators with experience in infidelity cases know what questions to ask and where to start looking for evidence of cheating.Make sure the private investigator is experienced.
- 3In fact, most states do require private investigators to have a license. Ask to see their license, jot down the number and verify it with the licensing board in your state.Make sure the private investigator is licensed if your state requires it.
- 4For instance, they will probably need a recent photograph of your partner as well as the relevant details of where they work, what are their normal working hours, etc.Provide any information the private investigator asks for to help them do the job.
- 5They won't be able to help you if you are not honest. Don't hide information, even if it's embarrassing. It will come out in the investigation sooner or later, and it can end up hurting the investigation.Answer the private investigator's questions honestly.
- 6Once they've accepted your case and started work, let them have enough time and room to do their job. Their investigation won't be completed overnight. On the other hand, if a month or more has passed since you last had an update, then it's time to demand answers of your money back if you've paid in advance.Give the private investigator enough time.Advertisement
Signs of Infidelity
- An increase in how often you get wrong numbers calling your home
- An increase in abrupt hang-ups when you answer the phone
- Your partner has become distant from you
- Your partner is suddenly putting in long hours at work, especially when they never have before
- Your partner has started taking an unusual interest in their appearance
- Your partner puts a password on their phone or computer
- Your partner rushes into the other room when you walk in on them having a phone conversation with someone.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Kathy McGraw