Care for Your Skin After a Facial
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Robbi, Eng, Lynn and 12 others
Facial treatments leave your skin looking and feeling invigorated. Your aesthetician will most likely remove your dead skin cells, scrub and exfoliate your skin, clear clogged pores, and apply a treatment or moisturizer to smooth out the appearance of fine lines and apply other treatments targeted to your skin type. You'll also receive a facial massage that both relaxes the facial muscles and increases blood flow. In short, a facial is very effective at bringing out your skin's natural beauty and glow. After a facial treatment, your face will be as supple as a baby's and as delicate as rose petals. Now the question is: How do you keep it that way?
After a deep cleansing facial treatment, the skin temporarily becomes very sensitive to touch, chemicals and the sun. If you've had an extraction performed, this is especially true. Without the proper care, pollution, stress, and lack of good hygiene can waste the hard-earned money you've spent on your facial treatment, but luckily there are simple ways you can care for your skin and prolong its glowing appearance. Read on to find out how to do this.
- 1 After a Facial
- 2 Other Useful Tips
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 What type of product/s would you apply to the skin after a facial treatment to reinforce the skin's protective functions and to prevent premature aging?
- 3.2 My face is looking dull, but I am doing facial in every 15 days so should I go for face clean up or not?
- 3.3 I am still the same after my facial; there is no change, why?
- 3.4 How can I remove a 20 years old stitch mark?
- 3.5 Can I use sunscreen lotion just after scrub or facial?
- 4 Comments
After a Facial
- 1Stay hydrated.Advertisement
- 2Refrain from touching your face.Advertisement
- 3Clean items that will touch your face.
- 4Stay out of the sun.
- 5Avoid makeup.
- 6Skip washing your face.
- 7Skip getting a massage and the sauna.
Other Useful Tips
- 1Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.Advertisement
- 2I'm sure you're excited to wash your face and see its new suppleness. After the 24-hour "no wash" period, you can now wash your face, but remember to use a non-comedogenic (non-pore-blocking), gentle and fragrance-free facial wash. Products like these are sometimes pricey, but they do wonders for any newly-treated face. Try Celeteque Hydration Facial Wash or Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Use lukewarm water and your fingertips instead of a washcloth or exfoliating brush to prevent irritating the sensitive skin.Wash your face properly.
- 3Even if you have oily skin, it's imperative to moisturize after washing to help balance your skin's moisture levels. Try a lightweight, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free moisturizer to prevent irritation and keep your skin glowing.Follow up with moisturizer.
- 4Maintain a healthy and stress-free life.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
What type of product/s would you apply to the skin after a facial treatment to reinforce the skin's protective functions and to prevent premature aging?
I am having a little trouble with this question for my assignment. I have tried: Google, trying all different websites
After a facial, you want to choose beauty products that contain hyaluronic acid which is a skincare ingredient that acts as an anti-inflammatory, stimulant to circulation and also plumps up the skin by attracting water to it. The higher the amount of hyaluronic acid in a product, the more effective it is likely to be when it comes to preserving the good effects of a facial. Products that contain high amounts of hyaluronic acid along with B vitamins that help make the serum more effective include Go-Therapeutics Pure Hydration, Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000™ 75% Hyaluronic Acid Complex, CeraVe PM Controlled Release Moisturizing Lotion, SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel, and Kinerase HydroBoost Sensitive Treatment.
My face is looking dull, but I am doing facial in every 15 days so should I go for face clean up or not?
I have a combination skin..but my problem is that nothing is suited to my face...it is getting dull what should I do?. I have tried: Fruit facial, pearl facial, gold facial. I used all of these, but nothing is giving me any visible difference. I used natural homemade products like honey, lemon, etc., but nothing is working
You could be using the wrong facial wash and moisturizers. Cetaphil products would be good to try. Believe it or not, the moisturizers you are using and the all natural items could be producing more oil in one zone and another very dry zone on your face. This will cause an emollient effect leaving your skin looking dull. A mask of pineapple juice and yogurt will brighten your skin. Use the mask twice a week and adjust the pineapple juice to an amount that does not irritate your skin.
I am still the same after my facial; there is no change, why?
Is there any process which I need to take after my facial to look better. I have tried: I have done Skin whitening facial yesterday in GREENTRENDS. I think it was caused by: They said not to wash your face with soap for 24hrs, I just used water for my face wash today. But there is no change before and now.
This type of facial can take up to 4 weeks before you see a difference in your skin. The reason to wait for 24 hours before you wash your face is so that the products they use can soak in effectively. If it did not work the way you expected it to it is because this type of facial needs to be done numerous times to see ultimate results. You can use lemon as a facial mask in between the facials. Mix lemon juice with coconut oil and apply to your face for 30 minutes twice a day before you wash your face.
How can I remove a 20 years old stitch mark?
A scar on my forehead from previous stitches which does not look good on my face. How can I remove this mark? I have tried: Nothing, I haven't tried for this
Depending on how puffed up the scar is, the only way to remove it may be with a laser treatment. [[ Get Rid of a Scar]] is a VisiHow article that has suggestions on ways to eliminate scars. It is important to note that you should try the treatments for 60 days before deciding that they do not work. You will also want to apply your product twice a day or when you wash your face. Be careful to concentrate on the scar and not the surrounding skin. If you wish to lighten the scar, you can use lemon juice but apply with a Q-tip to just the scar, and some people use Vaseline around the edges of the scar so that the lemon juice does not lighten that skin. You can wipe the Vaseline off after the lemon juice dries.
Can I use sunscreen lotion just after scrub or facial?
If I have to go outside directly to sunlight just after having a scrub or facial, what can I apply to avoid sunlight?
You can use a facial sunblock. If you wish to avoid putting anything on your face, a large brim hat is sufficient for a day or two when in the sun.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Alma, liezel, vc