Care for Your Fingers in General
Edited by Eng, Anonymous, Christine dela Cruz, Richelle
They may be often overlooked but, just like all other parts of the body, your fingers also deserve some tender loving care. It is also important to do this mainly because it is easily noticeable by other people and you use your hands for many types of activities. The usual care required by your fingers does not have to be very tedious, but there are definitely things that are non-negotiable when it comes to what you need to do.
- 1Do not let your fingernails get too long.Also, in case you pointed your hand to the wrong direction and caused some force against your fingernail, it can make your nail turn over and that will really be very painful. It also takes a while to recover because you would have to wait for your nail to get long again and having an exposed nail bed is not only painful and uncomfortable, it also makes you hand prone to further injuries.Advertisement
- 2Use some tools when you have to open a can or remove a staple wire.Advertisement
- 3Avoid pulling out your cuticles.This is because they say fingers without cuticles look neater and nicer. However, the truth here is that if you keep on doing this on your fingers, you end up not getting protected from dirt and other bacteria. Cuticles are actually there to somewhat ward off these things. Therefore, the likelihood of getting an infection is higher if you keep your fingers without cuticles.
- 4Stop nail-biting or playing around with the skin around your fingers.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Anonymous, Eng