Edited by Eng, Dougie, Grimm
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Can't download the software to your iPhone error 9006?
- 1.2 Trying to download purchased iTunes movie onto new PC, getting error 9006?
- 1.3 My iTunes say error 9006" help?
- 1.4 Restore iPhone keep getting error 9006?
- 1.5 I am downloading my church podcasts and I consistently get error 9006?
- 1.6 I am trying to download the new iOS 8 and getting a 9006 error?
- 1.7 Error restoring my iPhone 5? please help me?
- 2 Referencing this Article
- 3 Comments
Questions and Answers
Can't download the software to your iPhone error 9006?
I jailbreak and then it failed I wanted to restore my phone and it Said There was a problem Downloading the Software to your iPhone error 9006
Error 9006 occurs due to a security software issue. Security software can prevent connection to Apple servers. To prevent this error, please temporarily disable your current security software, such as Antivirus and Firewall before doing an update and restore.
Trying to download purchased iTunes movie onto new PC, getting error 9006?
Installed iTunes on new PC. authorized PC. tried downloading purchased movie from cloud to PC. after downloading some data (usually between 250mb - 1.2gb) download stops and presents error 9006. any help would be appreciated.
This error usually comes out as a sign of security issues. It may be that the file that you have downloaded have some bad errors that's why it's giving you that kind of response on your computer. Check the file first before trying again or it may be better if you find another file instead.
I suggest that you check your security software and settings, which do block ports and stop connection to Apple servers during update and restore. Do the following:
- set the correct data, time and time zone on your PC
- log in to an administrative account (on your computer)
- download the latest version of iTunes
- update your operating system
- update your anti virus
- avoid using proxy settings and connect to iTunes without using an internet proxy
- if you have disabled the proxy settings, restart your computer and try again
My iTunes say error 9006" help?
Error 9006, need help asap, iTunes/iPhone 4
If there is a 3rd party security software such as an anti-virus (which is usually most likely) and you are using a Windows PC then, error 9006 is likely to occur. Uninstall the security software and then try.
Restore iPhone keep getting error 9006?
I have tried numerous times to restore my iPhone 5S, but error 9006 keeps popping up when the restore gets to about 10 minutes remaining. I have uninstalled antivirus software but this error still keeps coming up
This sounds like a system error, wherein your connection detects that you aren't active, and disconnects from the system. If you continue to experience this error, you can try several things to fix it.
- 1You can make sure you're active doing something else while the update occurs.
- 2After that, you can back up to iTunes.You can connect your iPhone to WiFi and update from there.
- 3You can download the build from a trusted third party site.
I am downloading my church podcasts and I consistently get error 9006?
It will be nearly done and this happens every time. I try again and again and I keep getting this error message.
Many times when the Apple servers are overloaded, you can get this error. Apple lists a number of methods for fixing it, which we've covered in the main guide, but as a general rule the problem is commonly caused by one of several things:
- 1To fix this, make sure your internet connection is stable, or try downloading over another connection.A poor internet connection, or interrupted connection.
- 2If you're running Norton, McAfee, or Avast, for example, you'll need to disable them until your download finishes to stop this problem.Close any antivirus or firewall programs that block ports.
- 3It's a good idea to restart your computer too.Sometimes restarting iTunes and making sure it is 100% updated also helps.
- 4If Apple is overloaded (as they have been lately with the release of iOS8 and the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus), then there will be nothing you can do until traffic slows down and there is more server bandwidth.
I am trying to download the new iOS 8 and getting a 9006 error?
9006 error when trying to download
If you've tried the other solutions listed in our main guide, and described here in this Q&A, then the problem is almost certainly with Apple. Since the release of the new iPhone 6 models, and the iOS8 release, the servers at Apple have been under tremendous strain as millions and millions of users all try to download the software. You can try several methods to download the software, but it might not work, depending on where you are:
- 1You can try to update directly to your phone, instead of iTunes.
- 2You can try visiting a cafe or library to perform your download over their connection.
- 3You can find a secure third party site that is mirroring the download.
Error restoring my iPhone 5? please help me?
What can I do, Starts and only after 5 minutes an error pops up
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Can't download the software to your iPhone error 9006. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Cant_download_the_softward_to_your_iphone_error_9006
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Can't download the software to your iPhone error 9006." VisiHow, visihow.com/Cant_download_the_softward_to_your_iphone_error_9006 Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Can't download the software to your iPhone error 9006." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Cant_download_the_softward_to_your_iphone_error_9006.
Categories : Apple
Recent edits by: Dougie, Eng