Bypass Privacy Protection Password on Android Have the Original SIM Card? Turn Off Anti-Theft Services vs Disable SIM Lock vs Using Default Password Combinations ... and 4 more
Edited by Chris Stipe, Eng, Maria, patrico and 4 others
In this guide, we are going to look at the different methods to bypass privacy protection on Android phones. However, if you find the first method doesn't work, continue trying the other methods I have provided until you find one that works for your device.
What is Privacy Protection You Ask?
This is a built-in security feature that was added to most Android devices running Android OS 4.3 Jelly Bean to 6.0 Marshmallow. Such devices included Huawei, Samsung, etc. It was designed to eliminate any unauthorized user from accessing and using the device without the required pin. Of course, this security feature would only take effect if it was enabled.
Why Do You See The Following Screen?
If you see the screen, "Please enter the privacy protection password", unfortunately, there are limited options you have to bypass this screen. For those that do get this screen, it usually means that the SIM card that was originally in the device was setup with a mobile anti-theft password. This can happen if a new SIM card has been inserted into your device.
What to Do If You See the Privacy Protect Password Screen
If that is the case, it is recommended that you contact your mobile carrier first to see if they can reset your phone for you, however, you may be able to manually reset and bypass the privacy protection by following one of the methods below. Remember, continue trying each method if one of them doesn't work for you until you find one that does.
Method 1: Have the Original SIM Card? Turn Off Anti-Theft Services
That's right. In case your phone is locked and you see please enter your privacy protection password screen, there still is a chance that you can easily remove this screen. However, this method will only work if you still have the original SIM card for the device in question. If you do, you won't have to follow the methods below to bypass the privacy protection password lock screen.
- 1If you know the password you used, enter it now, if not;Advertisement
- 2Power off your phone and reinsert the original SIM card that you had for your phone.Advertisement
- 3Power on your phone.
- 4Once your phone boots up, open the "Settings" app to get to your device's settings screen.
- 5Locate and tap on "Security".
- 6There might be slight varying differences on the set up of the screen depending on your device.Look for "Mobile Anti-Theft" or "Anti-Theft Services" and either click the check mark off or the switch from "On" to "Off".
- 7You can power down the phone now, swap out the SIM card with the new one and turn your phone back on. Say goodbye to the privacy protection password lock screen.Now that you have turned it off, you are done.
Method 2: Disable SIM Lock
You also may see the enter privacy protection password to unlock screen with a different SIM card inserted if the SIM Lock option is turned on, but not to worry if you have the original SIM card and remember the PIN, you can easily turn this option off before using a different SIM card in your phone. If you don't have the two mentioned things, you will need to proceed on to the next methods to bypass the privacy protection password on your Android phone.
- 1Power off your phone and reinsert the original SIM card.Advertisement
- 2Power on your phone.
- 3once your phone boots up, go to your device's settings screen via the "Settings" app.
- 7If prompted for the PIN to turn this option off, enter the PIN and tap on OK.
- 8The SIM Lock will now be deactivated and you can reinsert a different SIM card.
Method 3: Using Default Password Combinations
Don't remember setting up a privacy protection password? There might be a chance then that it came from the manufacturer with the privacy protection password security feature enabled by default. Try default passwords like:
- 10000, 123456, 1234 or 000000 when asked to enter the password at the privacy protection screen.Advertisement
- 2You can tap on "Forgot Password", and sign in with your Google Account information (if you remember your information).
- 3Alternatively, if there is a chance that you set the password but don't remember, check out method #4 or try a few number combinations first that might be significant to you, like the date of a significant event (1982/04/05)*without the slash, just the numbers.
- 4If none of these options work above, you will need to move on to method 4 to continue.
- 1 Requirements for Below Methods
- 2 Download SP Flash Tool
- 3 Download Stock ROM/Firmware
- 4 Reset Your Phone's Partition
- 5 Help! My IMEI got corrupted
- 6 Commands an Emergency Contact Can Use
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 7.1 How to unlock Panasonic T50 privacy protection password?
- 7.2 After connecting the phone to download the firmware what am I suppose to see on the phone. All I see is battery charging?
- 7.3 I don't remember my privacy protection password on my Nokia phone model xl+pro?
- 7.4 Is there another way to clear this anti theft without connecting it to a PC aside from the steps above?
- 7.5 My infix x601 Note3 is asking for a privacy protection password to unlock the screen, I have tried all methods but is not unlocking what can I do to use my phone?
- 7.6 Can I get my privacy protection password by that number what was set in my emergency contact list?
- 7.7 I can't access my privacy protection password on my Tecno y3?
- 7.8 I do not have original SIM Card for my Maxwest Astro x4?
- 7.9 How to reset Maxwest Astro x4 with privacy protection password?
- 7.10 I have got only two options, enter password or emergency call, how to access settings?
- 8 Comments
Requirements for Below Methods
- A PC Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
- A USB Cable
- The locked Android device
Please note that in order to perform the various methods listed below, you will need a PC computer. Also, by using any of these flashing tools will void your phone's warranty.
Method 4: Clear Privacy Protection Password Using Miracle Box
The benefit of using Miracle Box is that you can bypass the "Please enter the privacy protection password to unlock" screen without having to flash your phone's stock ROM/firmware file. However, if this method does not work for you, you will have to follow the next method, which will require you to flash your phone's stock ROM/firmware file using SP Flashtools.
- 3Your downloads will usually be located in the "Downloads" folder unless you specified a location.Locate and double-click to the Miracle Box Drivers that you downloaded in the link above to install them.
- Left-click on the circle beside "I agree" and then left-click on the "Next" button.
- From here you have the various options to choose, depending on your device.
- 4It should be located in your "Downloads" folder unless you specified a specific location.Locate the Miracle Box download that you downloaded from the link above, and double-click on the .EXE file.
- Left-click on the "Next" button.
- Left-click on the box beside "I accept the terms of the license agreement" and then left-click on "Next".
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- 5Left-Click on the "Finish" button when the process is complete, to launch the Miracle Box application.
- 6Once the application loads up, left-click on the MTK tab.
- 7Left-click on Unlock/Fix tab.
- 8Left-click on the tick beside "Clear anti-theft".
- 9Left-click on the drop down menu box and select your chipset MT****.
- 10Left-click on the "Start" button.
- 11Now, make sure your phone is turned off, by either holding down the "Power" button or taking off the back cover and pulling the battery out.
- 12With your phone off, and the battery back in, connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable.
- 13Press the "Power" button once (ensuring that your device is detected right away), DO NOT hold down the power button or your phone will boot up normally.
- 14(probably a wait of a few minutes until the device is switched)"Now wait for the process to complete and you get the message "..Done.
- 15Disconnect your phone from your PC, and power on your phone.
- 16If this method didn't work for you, proceed on to flashing a stock ROM/firmware using the SP Flash Tool method.
Method 5: Flash Stock ROM/Firmware Using SP Flash Tool
If the Miracle Box method did not work for you, unfortunately, you will need to flash the stock ROM/firmware for your phone using SP Flash Tool application.
Please note that by using this method, you will void your phone's warranty and will also loose all the current data on your phone (i.e. pictures, downloads, etc.)
You will also need to download the correct firmware file for your phone. Downloading the incorrect firmware will brick your phone!!!
Download SP Flash Tool
- 3Wait for your download to finish (this will vary depending on your internet connection).
- 4We need to do this to be able to extract the contents inside the ZIP file.Now we need to navigate to the file you just downloaded.
- This will usually be in your "Downloads" folder unless you have specified a different location.
- For Windows 10 this location is C:\Users\[User Name]\Downloads. *User Name being the name you use on your computer, Admin, Administrator, your first name, etc.
- 6Now that we have downloaded and extracted SP Flash Tool, it's time to move on to downloading the stock ROM/firmware for your device.
Download Stock ROM/Firmware
- 2Google is my preferred choice. When you first got your Android device, it would have come shipped with stock firmware on it already, which would be the factory-issued phone settings, etc. The first step to being able to bypass the privacy protection password on Android would be to download that specific firmware from a trustworthy third-party site so that you can re-install in on your phone.Go to your desired search engine (Google.com, Google.ca, bing.com, etc.).
- 3In the search box, type in your device and model + stock firmware, like the following; "Samsung Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware".
- I am only using Samsung Galaxy S4 as the example. Replace Samsung Galaxy S4, with your specific device model.
- Since you are looking for a carrier-specific firmware file for your phone and if you are having trouble finding it, add your carrier name to the end of that search to get more specific results. Search results will, of course, vary depending on the carrier information and your phone's information.
- 4In this instance, for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (and other Samsung devices), Galaxys4root or SamMobile would be a reputable source to download firmware files.Choose a reputable source to download your phone's firmware file from.
- For other Android phone firmware files, Android Flash File is also highly recommended.
- 5The process from site to site might slightly vary, but the majority should download your firmware as a .ZIP file.Download the firmware you need for your phone.
- 6You will need to do so to extract its contents.Locate the firmware file that you just downloaded.
- Your file should be in the "Downloads" folder unless you changed the location.
- 7Right-click on the firmware file and click on the "Extract Files" option.
- To make it easier, we recommend extracting the firmware files to the same spot you extracted SP Flash Tool (i.e. your desktop, etc.)
- 8You are now ready to move on to resetting your phone's stock firmware.
Reset Your Phone's Partition
- 5That is why we suggested you extract it to the same folder.Clicking this button will open up a search window in which you will need to find the firmware file you downloaded in the steps before.
- Depending on the stock firmware file you download and extracted from the previous section, it might be like this.
- 6You may have to click through one or two different folders to find the stock firmware file which will be in a .txt document (also known as "notepad" or "text").Double-click on the firmware file you downloaded previously to open it.
- 7This will load your stock firmware into the Flash Tool program.Click on the firmware text file, then the "Open" button.
- If you can't find your firmware's text file, you may need to download a different version of your phone's stock firmware.
- 11If your phone isn't powered down yet, do so now, and also remove the battery.
- 12The larger end will plug into your computer, while the small end should plug into your phone.With your phone off, connect it your computer via the USB cable.
- 13This can take several minutes.Wait for your phone to download the firmware file.
- 14You will also need to put back the battery at this time.Once the download is complete, disconnect the phone from your computer.
- 15Usually, until you see your device manufacturer's logo on the screen. Wait for your device to boot up, this process will vary depending on the device you are performing this process on.Power on your phone by pressing the power button for a few seconds.
- 16Just like the first time you set up your device when you first got it.Once your phone boots up you can set up all of your phone's preferences, which include; date and time settings, WiFi preferences, etc.
- 17You should no longer see a privacy protection password screen.
Help! My IMEI got corrupted
- 1Please check back soon.We are working on a how to guide for this.
Method 6: Using Emergency Contact (If Setup)
Did you forget your privacy protection password? Then chances are you might be in luck. During part of the setup process of this anti-theft feature, there would have been an option to setup a trusted administrator as an emergency contact phone number. Not only would the number that was used in this process have received a text message to confirm they had in fact been added but they would also get one anytime a new SIM card was inserted into the device. This user will also be able to send requests to the device which can allow you to get your protection number.
How it Works
If you set up an emergency contact during the privacy protection password process, that registered number should receive a text message that your phone has been stolen. You can reply to this message using certain hashtags to get responses back which can be very beneficial to you.
- 1The first purpose for an emergency contact is to be able to send remote control commands.
- 2An emergency contact will also receive an SMS notification anytime a SIM card is changed.
Commands an Emergency Contact Can Use
There are three commands/hashtags the emergency contact can use, which are:
- 1Use the hashtag (#sudoing#) to remotely lock the device.
- 2(This will erase the data on the device.)Use the hashtag (#xiaohui#) to remotely data wipe the device.
- 3Use either (#password#) or (#mima#) to fetch the anti-theft PIN and be able to get past the privacy protection password screen.
Method 7: No Luck Yet? Contact Your Mobile Carrier
- If none of the above methods worked for you and as long as you can prove the device in question is yours, you will have to contact your mobile carrier for further assistance.
Questions and Answers
How to unlock Panasonic T50 privacy protection password?
When I flash my Panasonic T50 mobile set, it's locked with a privacy protection password. I don't have that password, how to unlock it?
If you have the original SIM card that came with the phone, you can try that first. If this is the original SIM card and you don't remember the password, you will have to try one of the methods mentioned above.
After connecting the phone to download the firmware what am I suppose to see on the phone. All I see is battery charging?
Have privacy protection password on my phone, have followed your steps to download the firmware. Have done all that, clicked on format + download, then download, have plugged via USB but I don't see the firmware being downloaded, all I see is a battery symbol.
Depending on the model of your phone, it sounds like you would have to manual boot it into download mode before connecting your USB cable. As there are many various manufacturers and different models have different key combinations to press to boot your phone into recovery, you may have to Google search how to boot (insert phone and model here) into download mode. Alternatively, you can try one of the following combinations to see if it works.
- 1Hold down the Volume Down button and power button together for up to 10 seconds before releasing.
- 2Hold down the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together for up to 10 seconds.
I don't remember my privacy protection password on my Nokia phone model xl+pro?
I don't remember my privacy protection password for my phone Nokia xl+pro as am failing to open my phone. I had put in a different SIM card which the phone locked. And what is worse is that I can't remember whether its a 4 or 8 digit number
Unfortunately, if you do not have the original SIM, you will have to try one of the other methods mentioned above to bypass the privacy protection password on your Android device.
Is there another way to clear this anti theft without connecting it to a PC aside from the steps above?
My phone just got fixed from its broken USB port when this happened. after replacing it, it is no longer possible for the computer or any device to be connected to the phone. My phone just got fixed from its broken USB port when this happened. after replacing it, it is no longer possible for the computer or any device to be connected to the phone.
Unfortunately, there is no method currently available to bypass/remove the privacy protection password without connecting it to a computer. Have you tried any of the following steps to see if your phone will be recognized? If not of these steps work for you, please let us know to help you troubleshoot further and fix the issue you are experiencing.
- 1Trying a different USB Cable.
- 2Plugging the USB Cable into a different USB port on the computer you are using.
- 3(Rebooting your computer before you reinstall the drivers).Uninstalling the USB device drivers for your device and reinstalling them.
My infix x601 Note3 is asking for a privacy protection password to unlock the screen, I have tried all methods but is not unlocking what can I do to use my phone?
My infix x601 Note3 is asking for a privacy password to unlock the screen .I've tried all the method not working what can I do to unlock it
If you have tried all the methods above. The only method left, unfortunately, is taking it to your local carrier's store or a phone store that has the ability to flash and fix your phone.
Can I get my privacy protection password by that number what was set in my emergency contact list?
Yesterday I removed my one SIM from my mobile after that I see my phone is asking for privacy protection password.
Yes, you most definitely can. All you will need to do is the following:
- 1Ask the person who it is, to text your mobile phone number.
- 2For the text message they are sending, have them use either (#password#) or (#mima#) (without the bracket, just the number sign) to fetch the anti-theft PIN and be able to get past the privacy protection password screen.Advertisement
I can't access my privacy protection password on my Tecno y3?
I change the SIM card then it asks me that privacy protection password
If you do not know your privacy protection, you will have to use the methods described above in this how-to guide to remedy the issue you are experiencing. I would recommend trying the Emergency Contact method (if you had set this up the first time around) before trying the other methods, as this method will let you save and keep your personal data on the device.
I do not have original SIM Card for my Maxwest Astro x4?
After I lost my original SIM Card for my phone the privacy protection password still cannot remove I tried to hard reset that doesn't work. I cannot reset my Maxwest Astro x4 and I don't have the original SIM card for the phone, I have a different SIM card.
Have you tried any other methods described in the above how-to guide? If you have tried a hard reset and do not have the original SIM card for the phone, you will have to try one of the other above methods or more than one of them to see if you can bypass the privacy protection password.
How to reset Maxwest Astro x4 with privacy protection password?
I do not have original SIM Card for my Maxwest and can not reset or Hard reset, I brought the phone into GCI Store and they cannot help reset my Maxwest Astro x4. We tried resetting Maxwest with hard reset and factory reset, I have no access to a software reset. I need help to reset my Maxwest Astro x4. I have tried: I tried to Factory reset and Hard reset. I have no access to do a software reset. I think it was caused by: I took out original SIM Card for my Maxwest Astro x4 and I lost my original SIM card. After turning the phone on it had a Privacy Protection Password. I did not set up a Privacy Protection Password.
Unfortunately, performing a software reset is your only option. Which in order to do that, you will need access to a PC, your device and a USB cable to connect the device to the computer. The MiracleBox method will work for you. If you can't get access to a computer to perform a software flash/reset of your device, you will have to find a local cell phone repair shop that can perform the software flash on your device.
I have got only two options, enter password or emergency call, how to access settings?
S Panasonic Eluga pulse x ,marshmallow Android 6.There is no service center in the whole state, please help me out.And I have got my original SIM card. The article says that we have to insert our original SIM and go to phone settings before closing anti theft access, but my phone doesn't show any options other than entering password and emergency calls.My doubt is how to/where to go for phone settings??
There is not a lot of information regarding bypassing privacy protection on the Sony Panasonic Eluga Pulse X. This YouTube Tutorial shows the procedure on another Panasonic device that is worth trying. The password it is requesting, my guess is the Google Account registered on the device. There are numerous other Panasonic YouTube videos and you may need to try more than one. You can also contact Sony Mobile Support.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Knjui, Alma, Kanyika