Buy Over the Knee Boots
Edited by Donna, Inukshuk, Eng, Doug Collins
Donning a pair of over-the-knee boots are a hot fashion statement that has been in style for so many seasons now that they are practically traditional winter wear at this point. The trend first appeared in popular fashion in the late 60s and 70s, enjoyed a resurrection in the early 90s and then appeared again on catwalks on 2009. The over-the-knee boot can be officially called so if it extends four inches over the knee. A boot that extends over four inches above the knee is called an over-the-thigh boot.
- 1 Choosing the Over The Knee Boot That is Right For You
- 2 Take Your Leg Measurements
- 3 Choose Your Heel Height
- 4 Choose Your Boot Material
- 5 Choose Your Boot Style
- 6 Choosing Your Over The Knee Boot Color
- 7 Try Different Over-The-Knee Boot Styles On Before You Buy
- 8 Where to Buy Over The Knee Boots
- 9 Referencing this Article
- 10 Comments
Choosing the Over The Knee Boot That is Right For You
Take Your Leg Measurements
Of course it is important to know your shoe size when you go shopping for any footwear but high high boots tend to fit very tightly, almost like stockings. To measure yourself for your over the knee boots be sure to measure -
- 1Your mid- calf at its widest pointAdvertisement
- 2Your thigh width just above your knee capAdvertisement
- 3Your thigh width four inches above your knee cap
Choose Your Heel Height
First of all decide which heel height is best for you.
- 1Flat heels are flattering because they make you look like you are wearing very sexy stockings and furthermore they are very comfortable to wear all day.Advertisement
- 2Low heels of three inches or less can also be quite comfortable as long as the heel is a bit square and chunky and the sleight height they offer makes your legs look longer
- 3High heels can be platforms or spiked heels and if they are more than three inches high then the effect is very sexy, but also quite uncomfortable for many to walk in or stand in for any length of time.
Choose Your Boot Material
- 1Thigh-high boots are made with many different types of material and sometimes one boot style will be a combination of a couple of different types of materials.
- 2You can wear them every day.Leather over the knee boots are very classy looking and will last a long time; they mold more to your foot and legs but they are also the most expensive option.
- 3They look more casual and are very comfortable.Suede over the knee boots are also very classy looking and super comfortable but they can be hard to clean and wear out quickly.
- 4It is, however easier to clean.Fake leather can look very similar to real leather over-the-knee boots but the material is not as comfortable.
- 5They are easy to clean, less expensive and likely to last longer than real suede boots.Fake suede over-the-knee boots are cheaper than suede ones and more resistant moisture, salt.
- 6Patent leather boots are made from synthetic material and are easy to clean but they have more of a fun, sexy look and are better for clubbing or fashion.
- 7PVC over-the-knee boots are made from a rubber and plastic synthetic that is very durable but the look is very much a part of street or club fashion
Choose Your Boot Style
Over the knee boots come in a couple of different styles and it is important to choose the style that looks best on you. Here is a brief run-down of the different styles of boot that are available to you.
- 1Tight fitting stocking style boots fit very tightly up the leg from ankle to thigh and are meant to show off every curve of your thighs.
- 2Cuff style over-the-knee-boots have a flap above the knee that can be rolled down to expose a bit more thigh or all the way down to turn the boot into a knee high boot.
- 3Lace up boots may have a criss-cross peek-a-boo lacing system on both sides, one side, the back of the calf or the front of the boot.
- 4Zippered over-the-knee boots might have multiple zippers to help you get the boot on or just a single one at the side front or back of the boot
- 5Slip on over-the-knee boots have a wider girth and might have cuffs that fold flatAdvertisement
Additionally, over-the-knee boots might come embellished with straps, buckles, studs, tassels and lace or fabric inserts. Some come with elastic inserts that are fabricated in the same color as the other materials in the boot to help you achieve a better fit in the calf and upper thigh area. Elasticized inserts also make it easier to sit down in the boot without feeling a tightening sensation of the boot material rubbing against your knee.
Choosing Your Over The Knee Boot Color
The over-the-knee boot color is important because it can affect the look of the boot. Black boots tend to look a little more formal and sexy than brown, green, blue or tan over-the-knee boots. Black boots also have a little more of a street flair than other colors of boots. Red over the knee boots are for clubbing, especially if they are in patent leather or real leather. The same goes for white over-the-knee boots that are also associated with winter or Christmas wear especially if they are decorated with fur baubles.
Try Different Over-The-Knee Boot Styles On Before You Buy
Before you buy over-the-knee boots be sure to try many different styles on. Cuff styles of over the knee boots tend to look better on shorter legs while women with long slender legs look best in the tight-fitting books. Platform style heels also suit the heavier set woman better than stiletto heels. One thing that many women discover when they first try on over-the-knee boots is that the boots with flat heels are very flattering, suit all body shapes and give the look of a longer leg, so do not think that you have to buy a trendy high-heel style of over-the-knee boots to look great.
Where to Buy Over The Knee Boots
As they have been in style for six years now it is quite easy to find over-the-knee-boots in just about any shoe store online or offline. Many styles are also offered in plus size with extra large thigh and calf widths. Certain outlets like Victoria's Secret and Frederick's of Hollywood sell the sexier versions of the over-the-knee--boot. You can also have custom over the knee boots made to order online at Boots for Broads at Boots for Broads
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Buy over the Knee Boots. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Buy_over_the_Knee_Boots
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Buy over the Knee Boots." VisiHow, visihow.com/Buy_over_the_Knee_Boots Accessed 30 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Buy over the Knee Boots." Accessed May 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Buy_over_the_Knee_Boots.
Categories : Shoes & Footwear Fashion
Recent edits by: Eng, Inukshuk, Donna