Build the VisiHow Community Spirit
Edited by Robbi, Anonymous, Maria, Lynn and 5 others
VisiHow is a community. Just as you might do in the physical world, the best way to learn more about it is to get out and meet your neighbors.
Everyone in VisiHow has a user page and a talk page that they can use to offer a little more information about themselves and to get comments and leave them.
Likewise, every article has a comments or discussion page where people can help to edit, or if they are not sure of the process, can leave comments asking questions about a certain part of the article. Building a sense of community means taking advantage of those tools which we've been given to interact on the VisiHow website.
New users can see the profile pages and when your site looks busier, it becomes busier.
- 1Fill out your profile.Tell the world a little more about yourself and what you like to do. Add tidbits about your favorite shows, the categories you like best and the kind of things that you enjoy writing about or editing.Advertisement
- 2Create your user talk page by adding just a bit about yourself and then offering a welcome to those who come to visit you.Advertisement
- 3Click on the user names of other writers to visit their profiles and talk pages and leave a little note welcoming them to the site.
- 4Come in and meet the staff.Eng, Maria, Alma, Cindy and Rhonna are all happy to interact and to help in any way that they can.You'll learn your way around a lot more rapidly.
- 5The more that we interact, the more that others will interact.This is a key element in drawing in new users. People don't tend to gravitate toward a community of people who do not appear to be communicating or interacting with their own team.
- 6Sign your posts to people on their talk pages and let them know who's been looking at their user or talk page.An easy way to do that is to use four tildes in this fashion: Hi, I loved your article on how to build community spirit! LadyGeek 23:14, 7 November 2013 (UTC) The tildes will be replaced with your name and link to your profile and a date/time stamp like so: "Visihow Admin 22:59, 25 October 2013 (UTC)" Just that little short code automatically adds your user name to anywhere that you are on the site.
- 7Many people aren't aware, although it is relatively easy to find--where the contributions are that they've made to the site.If you particularly enjoyed one of their articles, go to their talk page and let them know, leaving a link to the work that they've done..
- 8The key to any community is to interact and to communicate.Those of us who are writers, marketers and SEOs are in the business of communication, so communicating with others on our team is an absolute necessity in order to build a stronger site and a larger team.Advertisement
- |How to Manage and Grow a Topic Area as a Category Editor|
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Author Help
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Doug Collins, Mrmammoth