Build a Strong Relationship with Your Partner
Edited by estrella sacragon, Lynn, Eng, Ephraim
Everybody dreams of a happy ending. Building stronger ties with your partner is a matter of choice, understanding, and lots of love.
A good relationship just doesn't happen. Most people have this notion that if you have to work at the relationship, then it is not the right one at all. This is what a lot of people misconstrue. Good relationships need a lot of hard work, just like having good physical health needs proper diet, regular exercise, and stress reduction. So how does one improve his or her relationship with the partner? Here are some things you can do.
How to Improve your Relationship with Your Partner
- 1You have to be able to take responsibility for yourself if you really wish to improve your relationship with your partner. This means you have to be responsible for your own needs and feelings, so you must learn how to make yourself happy and secure instead of relying on your partner. You have to learn how to treat yourself with caring, compassion, and kindness.Take Responsibility for Yourself.Advertisement
- 2You need to avoid getting self-judgmental because no matter how wonderfully your partner treats you, you will always feel insecure and unhappy. When you are able to take full responsibility for yourself, you won't end up blaming your partner for all your upsets. Remember that the blaming game for one's own personal unhappiness is the root cause of relationship problems. Thus, you need to learn how to lovingly care of yourself so as to achieve a more harmonious and healthy relationship.That Feeling of Inferiority?Advertisement
- 3When conflict and misunderstandings happen, you only have two options on how to handle it. Either you open yourself and start learning about you and your partner, and discover and talk about the deeper problems and issues, or you can try to win (or even lose) by being a controlling partner. Most partners, especially when in the middle of a heated argument, tend to become too controlling with the other. You end up behaving as you please: Judgment, blame, resistance, defending, lying, denying, withdrawal of love, and a lot more. This is generally not healthy at all. Keep in mind that for a relationship to improve and blossom, one must remember that learning rather than being controlling is the key toward having a healthy partnership.Learning Instead of Controlling.
- 4People always make time for each other when they first fell in love. However, by the time they get married and the love bug is starting to wear off, they tend to get busy. Remember that relationships need a lot of time to thrive. Needless to say, it is indeed vitally important to create date times and set aside some time to do things together - to play, talk, and make love. After all, intimacy cannot be maintained without ample time together.Make Time for Dates.
- 5When two people have the attitude of being grateful, positive energy naturally flows between them. Constant complaints tend to emit negative energy and may result to a not-so-loving partnership. You have to learn how to practice being grateful for the things you have instead of complaining and focusing on what you don't have.Learn to be Grateful Instead of Complaining.
- 6If you and your partner take time to realize these, you will be surprised at the level of improvement in your relationship.These are just some of the helpful things you can do to improve your relationship with your partner.
What to do?
When it comes to having a strong relationship their are things that need to be done in order for your relationship to become stronger. The stronger the bond of a relationship the better chances of the relationship lasting for a long period of time. If your relationship is not secured by a strong bond then your relationship is at risk of being seriously damaged. Below are a number of things that you can do in order to help to strengthen the relationship for you and your partner.
- 1These things will give them the feeling of being special which in turn can help to create a loving bond between you and your partner.Do something positive for your partner everyday whether it is big or small, it just matters that you have put forth the effort in order to do something nice for them at the time.Advertisement
- 2These things are similar to a date or anything that can be done outside of the home. A special date night can in fact not only spice up things in the relationship but also create a bond.Aside from doing something on the daily basis for your partner put aside special time in order to fully devote yourself to your partner for one day of the week.
- 3Give each other gifts for not arguing or getting into any type of conflict with each other, this will build a prize competition with each other which can in turn become muscle memory for the both of you to think of the good things that come from not arguing.
- 4Keep a journal about the things that you and your partner have done throughout the day/week and share the notes with each other to get a clue as to how you are feeling about each other as time passes.Advertisement
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, estrella sacragon