Build a Home Theater - Comprehensive Guide
Edited by Frank Fazio, Eng, Anonymous
When you build a home theater, it is important to remember that it is ultimately for you. There is no right or wrong answer regarding the setup of your theater, so whatever you think looks and sounds good is what you should choose. This guide will give you the information you need to make those choices by detailing and explaining every aspect of building a home theater.
Some of us are lucky enough to have an empty room to work with, others need to integrate their home theater system into an existing living or family room. Either way, your audio and video details will be the same. When you've met your budget and worked through your setup, you should be able to sit in the "sweet spot" of the room and enjoy your favorite movie or TV show.
- 1Dimensions.acoustic materials after you're done to compensate. What you should know when deciding on your room dimensions.Advertisement
- 2Equipment Placement.Consider these points when deciding the placement of your electronics.Advertisement
- 3Theater Decor.Important considerations for your home theater decor.
- 4The Front Wall.how I built the front wall of my home theater.
- Large Screen TVs
- Media Streamers How To Stream Media
- Blu-ray player
- Sat/Cable box
- Gaming box
- Home Theater PC
- Home Theater Speakers. Audio plays a very important role in a home theater setup, and if your speakers are set up properly you will be amazed at the quality of sound you can reproduce in your home.
- Home Theater In A Box. If you want to add speakers to an existing room in your home and don't want to spend a lot of money, then you'll want to get a home theater in a box. It contains the receiver and speakers that you will need to properly set up a little theater in your family/living room.
- Wireless Speakers. Wireless speakers are the best if you already have an established room and don't want to run wires from your receiver to all your surrounding speakers. Not only is the wireless speaker good for eliminating wires inside the house, you can also get wireless speakers for outdoors. How to choose a wireless speaker.
- Soundbar Speakers. A soundbar is mainly used for smaller spaces like bedrooms and apartments. In a normal home theater surround sound setup, you will deal with at least 5 different speakers. A soundbar is a long bar that contains a number of speakers that will reproduce the same sound, without the individual 5 speakers. How to choose a soundbar.
- What are Satellite Speakers?
- Best Speaker Placement.
- 1Automated Lighting.How To Set Up Philips Hue Lighting
- 2Scones For Your Walls
- 3Recessed In The Ceiling
- 4Ground Lighting
- 2Use Your Smartphone.How To Use Your Smartphone To Control Your Home Theater
- 1Equipment Rack
- 2Power Bars & Surge Protectors.How To Choose A Belkin Surge Protector
- 3UPS Backup
- 4IR RepeaterAdvertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Home Theater
Recent edits by: Eng, Frank Fazio