Boost Your Testosterone Level with Garlic
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Robbi, Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando and 17 others
Testosterone equals manliness - literally.
The more masculine a man's features are, can be tied to his testosterone level. Did you see that man with the bushy beard, chest hair and washboard abs? Yep, that's testosterone all right! It's interesting to know that women also have testosterone. Some men are born with low testosterone production and levels. So, if you're looking for a natural way to increase yours - look no further. This VisiHow article will show you how to boost your testosterone level the natural way, with a little bit of help from garlic.
- 1 Garlic - What's In It For Me?
- 2 Recipes
- 3 Testoste...What?
- 4 Signs of Low Testosterone
- 5 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 How to increase testosterone with garlic?
- 6.2 How to increase androgen in women using garlic?
- 6.3 Erectile Dysfunction, Libido?
- 6.4 How many garlic cloves to eat daily. I am going to gym.
- 6.5 Under-active thyroid and low testosterone levels - also cardiovascular disease?
- 6.6 Suddenly I have very less desire for sex. I want to increase it?
- 7 Comments
Garlic - What's In It For Me?
Well, my friend, garlic has been dubbed one of the most effective and nutritious natural products out there. From heart disease, diabetes to small wounds and fungal infections, garlic can treat it all. Don't believe me? Check out the other wikis on this website Category:Garlic Usage & Benefits. Although some people find its taste and odor unpleasant, its many benefits far outshine the body odor and bad breath you get from it. Based on a study by the Journal of Nutrition, garlic supplements help increase testosterone production by altering protein anabolism. Below are the components belonging to garlic that can boost your testosterone level.
- 1A study performed on rats suggests that an extremely high amount of garlic caused cell death in their testicles, proving you can have too much of a good thing. Test your moderation levels by slowly increasing your garlic intake. Even with pharmaceutical testosterone supplements, the dosage varies with each person.Scientific researchers have recently found that garlic is a complex supplement, and depending on its use, can reduce or increase testosterone level in humans.Advertisement
- 2It is also the cause for a bigger brain, although this has nothing to do with increased intelligence.Testosterone is responsible for making men physically larger, more muscular and stronger than women - generally.Advertisement
- 3You need to garlic up!If you don't feel too manly, it may be a result of low testosterone levels in your body.
Garlic is an ingredient that is easy and delicious to incorporate into your diet. You can do this either by sprinkling garlic powder on your food or simply by incorporating more garlic cloves into your cooking. If you're someone who is truly serious about gaining increasing the manliness of your features through the use of garlic, then here are some recipes you can try!
Berry Healthy Garlic Smoothie
Before you judge this recipe, know that it tastes awesome, way more delicious than you'd think. You wouldn't even know garlic is lurking within your smoothie. You'll need:
- 3 cloves of garlic (mixed or juiced)
- 1 soft fruit (could be watermelon, orange, banana, mango, pineapple, etc.)
- 2 small handfuls of berries
- 2-4 tbsp. of protein milk or chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp. of binder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1.5 cups liquid
- 1 tsp. of sweetener (optional, add as desired)
- Super foods, greens, and other healthy ingredients
- 6 ice cubes.
Instructions: Simply mix all ingredients in a blender. Starting with the ice cubes, then add all the other ingredients and set the blender on high speed. Do this for about a minute. Don't over-blend as you can destroy the nutrients by doing so. Pour into a tall glass. Enjoy! See? No garlicky taste.
Spinach Pie Garlic Quesadillas
Oh yeah, this one is inspired by one of the manliest men in the world, Popeye the Sailor Man. Okay now, here's the recipe for this outrageously delicious and muscle building testosterone booster.
- 3 or more garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 onions (finely diced)
- 2 scallions (sliced white and light green parts)
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch oregano (thyme, cayenne)
- 1 1/2 cups spinach (fresh)
- 1 flour tortilla (inched in diameter)
- 1 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese (crumbled, divided)
Instructions: Heat oil in a small nonstick pan. Add the onion and scallions and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Cook until it becomes soft (not brown or black, as this destroys the nutrients in garlic). Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and the spices. Mix in the spinach and cook until it's wilted. This takes about 2 minutes. Put the mixture into a bowl until it cools. In another bowl, whisk the egg white, yogurt and 1 tablespoon of feta. Add the spinach and, mix together, and drain. Wipe the pan and brush with olive oil. Set on low heat. Place the tortilla wrap in the pan. Sprinkle remaining feta all over the tortilla to soften it, slightly. Turn the heat to medium and pour the spinach-egg mixture over the tortilla. Using the spatula, fold the tortilla in half. Flip to the other side after about 2 minutes, until the egg firms up. Cooking takes at least 4 minutes. Cut into large wedges, serve, and enjoy!
Who can resist this, seriously?
- 1 1/2 qt. water
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 Tsp. thyme
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Salt to taste
Instructions: Bring the water to a boil. Add the vegetables, garlic, and spices. Cook the soup over medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Serve! Your testosterone says yum!
By now, you might be wondering what exactly testosterone is.
Testosterone is the hormone responsible for bringing out a man's features. Primarily, it maintains bone density, muscle mass and strength, your sex drive, fat distribution and, of course, sperm production. It is produced primarily in the testicles, although the adrenal gland also produces it to a lesser extent. The regulation is done by the pituitary gland. Testosterone levels in men naturally decrease with age. After the age of 30, Testosterone levels decrease by about 1% a year. Still, with the help of garlic and a healthy lifestyle, you can keep your testosterone levels high for a long time.
- 1Testosterone is a part of the androgen group in the body and is the primary male sex hormone.
Signs of Low Testosterone
Low testosterone levels in men can manifest in many different ways. Below are the most common effects of having low testosterone production:
- 1This can manifest in your ability to get or maintain erections and make love with your partner. As testosterone levels decrease, so does your sex drive.Low Sex Drive.
- 2Your sperm count will suffer as a result of low testosterone. It basically tells your body that no sperm is required, as no sexual activities will occur.Low Sperm Production.
- 3As testosterone is responsible for making your muscles ripped and toned, the lack of it results in low muscle tone.Low Muscle Mass/Strength.
- 4As your body is not processing the enough testosterone for your body to function ideally, you'll find your body retaining fat and distributing it indiscriminately throughout your body.Increased Body Fat.
- 5You see why testosterone is a very important part of maintaining your body's equilibrium, as insufficient testosterone in a man's body causes brittle bones and your red blood cell production to slow down. Physically, testosterone makes the man.Low Bone Density And Red Blood Cell Production.
- 6Low testosterone levels can also affect men emotionally. The feelings of sadness and depression increase as testosterone levels drop.Emotional Distress.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- Not too much garlic, my friend. Extreme garlic diets can backfire and actually decrease testosterone levels. You've been warned.
- Garlic can have negative effects on your health if used in excess.
- Stress, lack of sleep, soy intake, smoking and eating a low fat diet are factors that can decrease your testosterone level. Beware of these things.
- Along with garlic intake, get a good night's sleep, de-stress through a 10-minute meditation, eat a good serving of fat and avoid cigarette smoking.
Questions and Answers
How to increase testosterone with garlic?
Garlic enhances the synthesis of protein, which results in bigger and stronger muscles. Hormones are altered with the added synthesis of the protein that occurs when garlic is ingested, which then leads to higher testosterone levels. You can use garlic supplements, and use more garlic powder or fresh garlic when cooking.
Garlic is one of the herbal treasures with various health benefits to the body. One of these health benefits - it increases the testosterone level of the body. It does this by increasing testosterone production in the body. It is the sulfur compound diallyl-disulfide found in the garlic that stimulates the secretion of the LH hormone or the luteinizing hormone from the pituitary gland. The luteinizing hormone stimulates the Leydig cells of the testis to produce testosterone leading to an increase in testosterone levels in the body. Regarding your query, you can safely take a daily garlic supplement of 10 cloves up to 1 bud of garlic and add it to your daily diet to increase your testosterone.
How to increase androgen in women using garlic?
Research and studies have shown that garlic contains diallyl-disulfide, which has a positive effect on boosting testosterone levels. Since most women are concerned with the effects of garlic on their skin and their body odor, using garlic in your diet is an efficient way to balance the amount of garlic consumed in the body.
- One way to incorporate it into your diet is by sprinkling garlic powder on your food.
- You could also try adding more cloves of garlic when preparing meals.
Studies have indicated that combining garlic with high protein diets will not only boost the testosterone, but will also help increase the metabolism, and will thereby help reduce weight along the way. Since appearance is just as essential to women as having great androgen levels, garlic is a great way to kill two birds with one stone - losing weight and having a stronger androgen level.
Just add garlic to your regular meals. If you want to experience its immediate effects, you may want to double the amount of garlic you're using now.
If you aren't cooking your own meals, you may want to take garlic like you would a capsule. Just peel off and then take one or two cloves, chop them up and add them to a glass of water. Drink. You'll be surprised that you won't even taste the garlic, but you'll be able to absorb it right away.
Erectile Dysfunction, Libido?
I have lost my libido. I am not able to perform, sexually, and my body is loose.
Diet indeed has a huge effect on your libido. There are certain foods that give it a boost, while on the other hand; there are other foods that inhibit it. Garlic is well known to increase libido and it is very easy to include in your diet.
Stress may also be a factor. If you are undergoing a lot of stressful situations, that might explain why your libido is very low.
How many garlic cloves to eat daily. I am going to gym.
I want to know how many cloves I must eat daily
Garlic has shown to help boost exercise performance in rodents, and it is worth a try in the gym as well. You could consume up to 9 cloves before you work out.
Under-active thyroid and low testosterone levels - also cardiovascular disease?
I'd like you to help me get back on track and get my thyroid back to normal or at least improved. I have tried: I've tried everything. I think it was caused by: Poor diet and no sex.
To treat Hypothyroidism naturally here are few things you can do:
- Cut down your carbohydrates.
- Increase your selenium levels by consuming fish like salmon and nuts like Brazil nuts.
- Consider going Gluten Free and see if that helps.
Also, you will want to consume 3 to 5 cloves of garlic a day, and when you see a difference, you can reduce the garlic to about 2-3 a day.
See more questions like this: How do I know a fake Note3
Suddenly I have very less desire for sex. I want to increase it?
I am not feeling a desire for sex for the past two weeks
A loss of desire can be caused by numerous things. The top three causes are:
- 1Side Effect of a medication.
- 2Low levels of Testosterone.
- 3Depression or fatigue.
Determine first what is causing it before you can pinpoint treatment. Are you getting enough sleep? Have you lost pleasure or interest in other areas of your life? You can begin treating low testosterone if you think this is the case with garlic as mentioned in the article. Speak with your medical physician about a free form testosterone test to see where your levels are.