Book a Flight
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Robbi, Lynn and 1 other
A Persian poet once said: "Travel brings power and love back into your life." Do you agree? There is something about seeing new places that make one feel refreshed. You learn to appreciate the things around you when you travel. You also learn new things, meet new people, enrich your knowledge as well as appreciate the history that the places you visit went through.
Air travel is one of the emerging trends today. Even the airline company noticed this that they have concocted promotional tour packages. If you weren't able to get the date you wanted, maybe you need to book earlier. This will give you ample time to prepare as well as avail of promos that travel agencies and airline companies offer. How does one go about on booking a flight? Read on and learn
Steps to book a flight through the world wide web
- 1You may want to go to about two to three places in one booking but that may need an additional budget on your expense. You may want to take advantage of your vacation from the office work, but hopping from one place to another may not be the best option when you are working within a budget.Decide on a destination.Advertisement
- 2It is expected that flight rates may go up when the peak season for travel is up. For instance, the peak season for travel in US is the summer months, which is June to September, while in Australia, the summer months are December to February. Depending on the reason for your travel and the place you would want to visit, surfing the web for possible answers to your questions is should be answered first before deciding against two countries to visit. This will help you to better decide on what clothes to bring and how long your visit should be.Surf the internet on the peak season for the country of your choice.Advertisement
- 3Some airline companies offer discount rates when you book your flight three months in advance. Some also waive administrative fees when you book online. Aside from airline tickets, there are also travel companies that will help you decide and manage your flight. Those who travel usually monitor a specific airline for promotional airfare and book immediately because they usually sell like pancakes. You can also try third party booking websites' promos. What's great about these third party websites is that they compare the prices of fares, giving you the best option before you decide. You can also use discount coupons if you have the code.Search the internet for promotional offers and tour packages for your country of destination.
- 4You tick your choice and enter the dates of your travel. The date for leaving and returning is usually required. If you are traveling with a companion, most websites would ask if you will be traveling with an adult or a child. There are age specifications that are required for you to answer. If you have a coupon related to the destination country, you can input the code to avail yourself of the discount mentioned on the coupon.Once you've found the airline company of your choice, you will see travel options like round trip, one way or multiple cities.
- 5After you've filled in your personal details including your credit card or bank account to debit the flight, it will send a confirmation email. It is best that you print this out and confirm by calling the airline ticketing company.When these have been filled up, it will show your flight and your personal details will be required.
Steps to book a flight through calling the airline ticketing company
- 2Ask if there are promotional offers, discount packages and other information such as length of travel or whether it is a non-stop flight. You should also ask if the flight fare will cover the meal and if there are surcharges when you book by phone. Ask if accommodation is part of a travel package. Determine if you are getting a ticket-less booking. You should get an e-ticket number if it is.Have a pen and paper ready.Advertisement
The questions that will be asked of you will basically be the information that will be asked when you do the booking online. It would also be the same when you book a flight personally at the ticketing office. With the technology around you today, it is recommended that you take advantage of it for better decision-making and less time spent on waiting in line if you book at the physical location of the ticketing company.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Book a Flight. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Book_a_Flight
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Book a Flight." VisiHow, visihow.com/Book_a_Flight Accessed 24 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Book a Flight." Accessed May 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Book_a_Flight.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Lynn, Robbi, Eng