Best Interior Design Apps for iPhone Zillow Digs vs Havenly vs Home Design 3D Gold ... and 3 more
Edited by Jasmin, Maria, Eng
Renovating and redecorating can be as stressful as it is exciting. There are a ton of decisions both big and small to be made and always the worry about staying on budget. With the right interior design app for your iPhone, the process can be both easy and enjoyable; even for the most novice designers. Whether you need to try out new artwork before you buy it, create mood boards for different design ideas, get expert advice from virtual consultants, or build your dream home from the ground up, the following 6 apps have got something for everyone.
Method 1: Zillow Digs
- 1The Zillow Digs app offers home decor inspiration and the tools you need to prepare for all your home design projects.How it Works.Advertisement
- Create your own project, or browse through premade options and receive cost estimates based on not just what the project entails but what you might pay for services based on your location.
- Search images based on price, space, style, color, etc.
- The Dueling Digs feature pits similar design ideas (ex: best washroom vanity) against one another and allows you to choose the winner.
- Use the Virtual Paint tool to test out new colors on your walls.
- Offers links to products you love from other projects so you can recreate the look.
- Save images to boards where you can add notes.
- Upload your own photos to your boards.
- Share images and projects via Facebook, Twitter, and email.
- Join the community to follow fellow app users and get access to interior designers.
- Provides project cost estimates based on not just what the project entails but what you might pay for services based on your location.
- iOS optimized interface.
- Premade projects don't always come with cost estimates.
- Only provides cost estimates for washrooms and kitchens when making your own project.
- 5The photos and layout of Zillow Digs are very aesthetically pleasing, which is particularly important for this category of apps. The Dueling Digs feature is great for going through a lot of design ideas in a short spurt of time; tons of inspiration in under a minute. Download here.Verdict.
Method 2: Havenly
- 1The Havenly app gives you access to hundreds of interior design professionals. You can chat with them about your design ideas for free or book a custom project for as low as $79.How it Works.Advertisement
- Provides a style quiz so you can discover what designs best suit your taste.
- Browse through profiles of hundreds of interior designers to find the one that's right for you.
- No commitments; if you're not satisfied with the design options you've been given in the ideas phase, you can simply find a new designer to work with.
- Once you find a designer you'll have access to a private chat where you can share photos and ideas, and receive personalized expert tips.
- Your design offers will be based entirely on your needs: style, budget, etc.
- Shop products from over 200 retailers offering brand names you know with the best price guarantee.
- See exactly what your new space will look like the room renderings tool.
- Rate designs and give feedback to your designer.
- Having lots of options can be a good thing, but there's potential for you to go through several designers and idea phases before finding the right fit.
- 5The Havenly app is a great option whether your design ideas are big or small. Having a professional in the palm of your hand throughout your room redo will surely help alleviate some of the stress. Or, if you just need a bit of expert guidance to help you get past a creative block in an ongoing project you can't beat advice that's free. Download here.Verdict.
Method 3: Home Design 3D Gold
- 1With the Home Design 3D Gold app you can create, design, furnish, and decorate your dream house.How it Works.Advertisement
- 2Requires a one-time purchase of $9.99.Pricing/Upgrades.
- Design floor plans in 2D and 3D. Easily create rooms and dividers, determine wall thickness and add corners, and finish it off with windows and doors.
- Furnish and decorate both the inside and outside of your home. Browse through thousands of options for furniture and accessories in a variety of styles.
- Easily edit the size, color, or position of furniture, accessories, and other objects.
- Provides a variety of other editing tools: undo/redo for mistakes, an eyedropper to isolate colors, copy/paste for item duplication, and more.
- Add paint and texture effects to walls.
- With photo-realistic 3D rendering you can take a virtual tour of your new home.
- Provides several video tutorials so you can master the app's interface.
- Share projects via email and Dropbox or with the Home Design community.
- Works offline.
- No option to add a second floor, attic, or cellar.
- All rooms must have a square or rectangular shape, so there's no room for getting creative with rounded walls or uniquely shaped rooms.
- 5The Home Design 3D Gold app is for the serious design enthusiast. When you want complete control over your project, even when literally starting from the ground up, this app is the perfect sidekick. Download here.Verdict.
Method 4: Morpholio Board
- 1With the Morpholio Board app, you can collect all of your design ideas in one place using a variety of boards. Collage and illustrate, and build custom layouts for all of your interior decorating projects.How it Works.
- 2Free, with a variety of in-app purchases. There's also a subscription (Pro) option at $3.99 per month or $11.99 for the year. The Pro version gives you access to unlimited saved boards, advanced search features, and more.Pricing/Upgrades.
- Use the White Board to draw, sketch, and write notes for ideas.
- Use the Cork Board to create a scrapbook of your design photos.
- Use the Mood Board to collage ideas for different styles.
- Use the Design Board to present completed concepts.
- Browse through a library of over 1000 design ideas from a variety of well-known pros.
- Provides a curated selection of furniture, fixtures, accessories, and other materials.
- Tag your favorite items from the gallery to create your Items List.
- The Portal tool allows you to pull images from the web, Pinterest, or your own files.
- Share your boards with friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email.
- Zoom feature allows for better detail when sketching and drawing.
- The app has a bit of a learning curve for design novices.
- 5The Morpholio Board app is the perfect way to assemble all of your different design ideas. The variety of boards allow ample space for creating multiple project ideas based on style, room, budget, etc. Download here.Verdict.
Method 5: Curate
- 1With the Curate app, you can search for and visualize what almost any artwork will look like on your walls.How it Works.
- Create a list of wall spaces where you want to try out art pieces. Simply take a photo of your walls, enter their dimensions, and save.
- Use the in-app Sizer tool to create an accurate scale on your saved walls.
- Browse through over 100 galleries with artwork in a variety of styles and save your favorite pieces to your Collection.
- See a piece of art you like while out in the real world? Snap a photo and then upload it to your Collection to test it out virtually.
- Easy to use interface that focuses on tap, swipe, and other simpler finger gestures.
- If you already have artwork on a wall that you want to preview with a new piece, simply cover it up with the paint roller tool.
- Provides a video introduction to help you get started.
- Loading times for art photos can be lengthy.
- 5Finding the right artwork for each room in your home can be a lengthy process and there's nothing worse than finally deciding on a piece and having it not work out. The Curate app takes the guesswork out of finding art that works perfectly for each and every one of your walls. Download here.Verdict.
Method 6: Houzz
- 1The Houzz app makes renovating a breeze whether you're remodeling or just redecorating. Browse through hundreds of products for purchase or search for inspiration from an extensive collection of design idea photos.How it Works.
- More than 11 million high-resolution photos of homes and exteriors that can be searched for with filter options such as style, price, location, and room type.
- Save your favorite photos to your custom folder.
- Draw or write notes directly on the photos using the Sketch tool.
- Explore more than 5 million products including vanities, lighting, cabinets, furniture, tile, and much more.
- Read product reviews and get up to 75% off during featured sales specifically for app users.
- Integrated with Apple Pay for in-app purchases.
- Use the View My Room feature to get a virtual visualization of how a new couch, lamp, rug, etc. would look in your space.
- Over 1 million design professionals including contractors, interior designers, architects, and more are at your fingertips. Get expert tips or hire someone local to get their help with your project.
- Gives you access to the biweekly Houzz newsletter where you can read articles from the editorial staff and design experts.
- Connect with the Houzz community to get feedback and advice on your design ideas and projects.
- 5The Houzz app is the perfect all-around interior design app. It has a little bit of everything and that's why it's my top pick. There's an extensive catalog for product shopping, endless amounts of inspirational photos, accurate virtual visualizations, and a community of like-minded creative types. The app's sleek design and free price tag are a great bonus, too. Download here.Verdict.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Interior Decorating
Recent edits by: Maria, Jasmin