Best Caribbean Beach Resorts For Families vs Couples/Adults Only
Edited by Brindzhound, Maria
Who wouldn't want to indulge in a Caribbean vacation? With its beautiful aqua waters, coconut-filled palm trees, and hot tropical sun, it's the number one destination for folks looking to get away from it all and relax in the lap of luxury. Whether you are looking for a resort that has something to offer the whole family or planning your honeymoon vacation, this article will help you discover the best Caribbean beach resorts to suit your purpose.
Method 1: For Families
Family-friendly resorts have activities for the entire family to enjoy, from waterslides to volleyball games, to camp outs on the beach. Many offer babysitting services, as well, so that the adults can indulge in a night out or a massage without having to worry about what the kids are getting up to.
- 1Franklyn D. Resort is a haven for both young and old with plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy. From tennis to kayaking, to a game of volleyball on the beach, you're sure to find something fun to do together. Your kids won't want to miss "Big Blue," the 100-foot waterslide set off in its own pool, nor all of the fun activities at the Yellow Bird Kids' Club where they can play games, take snorkeling lessons or have an exciting picnic on the beach. All of this stuff is great, but what sets this resort apart from the others is its free Vacation Nanny service. Yes, you get a Nanny to take care of your kids while you take a well-deserved break.Franklyn D Resort & Spa, Jamaica.Advertisement
- 2What kid wouldn't want the chance to stay at a resort themed around their favorite TV channel? Schedule lunch or dinner with your child's favorite Nickelodeon character, from SpongeBob Squarepants to Dora the Explorer, then let them cavort in the special playroom just for them with colorful toys, building blocks, balls and console games to enjoy. For the ultimate treat, book a stay in the Pineapple, a suite inspired by SpongeBob Squarepants. Let the kids take the loft bedroom, while you and your spouse sleep in the master suite with its exquisitely appointed attached bath.Nickelodeon Hotel & Resorts Punta Cana.Advertisement
- 3Beaches at Turks & Caicos offers fun and relaxing tropical adventures for the whole family. Sesame Street characters roam the resort and are available to interact with your young ones, and a playroom complete with toys and gaming consoles is ready to thrill your children with fun things to do. When they get restless, the kids can go cavort in the Pirate Island Waterpark complete with waterslides, swim-up soda bars, water cannons, a lazy river raft ride, and even a surf simulator. For you, there is gourmet dining, live performances, spa treatments, tennis, and volleyball, just to name a few adult pursuits.Beaches, Turks & Caicos.
- 4Luxury suites with room for the whole family and fun activities for all to enjoy await you at this Dominican Republic resort. The kids will love the splash park with its pirate ship that they can climb on and slide into the water from and the playroom filled with gaming consoles and toys. While your kids are splashing it up and playing around, you can get a nice massage and partake in the resort's signature seaweed wrap at the spa. Live entertainment will thrill you day and night: there's always something going on.Iberostar Bavaro Suites, Dominican Republic.
- 5A real tropical jewel, this resort features a water park with a zero-entry beach lagoon complete with geysers for your family's enjoyment. Take the kids on a journey along the park's lazy river and take a time out amid its hidden grottos and waterfalls while your kids explore on their own. A multi-level waterslide and splash zone will keep the young ones occupied while you enjoy spa treatments, play golf on the 18 hole golf course, or just get sun on the white sand beach.Jewel Runaway Bay, Jamaica.
- 6Windjammer Landing in St. Lucia received accolades from the travel blog, JourneyEtc as the best family resort because of its commitment to making it a fun vacation spot for every member of your family, parents and youngsters alike. Offering babysitting services so that you can pursue adult activities or just relax in the sun, and its twin supervised activity programs for young children, and teens allow you to relax in knowing that your children are in capable hands while you get a massage, hit the bar, or go windsurfing. Your children will love the horseback riding, offsite field trips, arts and crafts, and other fun activities they can do, and you'll enjoy peace of mind.Windjammer Landing, St Lucia.
- 7Treat your kids to a Nickelodeon experience at the Azul Beach Hotel in Cancun. Your kids will love having breakfast with good ole SpongeBob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, or those teen heroes on a half-shell, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You'll love the half mile of white sand beach where you can stroll among the waves of the aqua colored the Caribbean or sun yourself on its warm surface. Its world-class spa will pamper you with relaxing massages and healing treatments.Azul Beach Hotel, Cancun Mexico.
- 8Let your dreams of a relaxing vacation for the entire family come true at this Caribbean resort. With its pirate ship, water slides, and supervised activities based on science and learning, your children will have a great time while you enjoy the delights of the freeform swimming pool that spans the lobby and runs all the way down to the beach. If you're there between the months of July through December, you and your children can witness the hatching of cute baby sea turtles and watch as they struggle through the sand and slip into the surf to begin their lives.Dreams Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- 9With its two resorts in one: a family resort and an adults only resort, Coconut Bay Beach Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon napping in a hammock while your children romp and splash through the waterpark with its slides, surf shack, and paintball arena. Let the resort's skilled babysitters take care of your brood while you experience the nightlife of the resort and have a drink under the stars with your spouse.Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa, St Lucia.
- 10The Verandah Resort and Spa in Antigua features two beaches and four pools, with one just for kids. A mini-golf course, playground, and kids club jam-packed with activities from console gaming to arts and crafts will keep your kids occupied and having fun while you relax on the beach or at poolside.The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua.
Method 2: For Couples/Adults Only
Adults-only resorts are all about luxurious accommodations, exciting activities from kayaking, to diving, to windsurfing, and personal indulgences such as massages and other spa treatments. Nightlife abounds in such places, too, as well as drinks and good times.
- 1If you're looking for a place to get away from everything, look no further than Excellence Playa Mujeres. Excellence is situated in a secluded location, away from the heavily-frequented Mayan Riviera. However, secluded does not mean rustic: Excellence is a luxury resort in every aspect, from the plush rooms with swim-up access to suites with private plunge pools. Whichever type of room you choose, each one comes with a private jacuzzi where you can soak your worries away. With no children allowed, Excellence is the perfect choice for a honeymoon getaway or that trip that you and your spouse always wanted to take together.Excellence Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres, Mexico.Advertisement
- 2Secrets of the Vine in Cancun is a luxury beach resort that pampers you in elegance. Great for weddings and honeymoons, or for a well-deserved couples get-away, you can choose from either a room with private terrace or a balcony. All rooms have private jacuzzis and large plush beds that will cradle you and your spouse in soft linen as you drift off to sleep. Swim to your hearts' content in the aquamarine waters of the Caribbean Sea or enjoy the three heated infinity pools on the property. Bonus: if you're there between July and December, witness the births of cute baby sea turtles and watch them waddle into the ocean.Secrets of the Vine, Cancun, Mexico.
- 3Located on one of the out islands of the Bahamas, the 500-acre Sandals Emerald Bay resort is a tropical paradise. Surrounded by lush gardens and edged by a mile-long white sand beach abutting onto the serene turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea, the grounds will make you feel like you're in heaven for sure. Whether you pamper yourself at the spa, play a game of golf on its 18-hole course, or swim in one of the three pools, including its amazing half-acre zero-entry pool with a fire pit in the center, you'll want to stay there forever.Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas.
- 4For a perfect kids-free honeymoon, the Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay, Jamaica is an excellent option. It boasts swim-up suites with ocean views and has plenty of activities for you and your loved-one to do, from kayaking in the Caribbean to jogging along one of the many trails on the resort grounds, to wind surfing. Whether you're working on your tan poolside or lying on the sugar-sand beach, the attentive wait staff will see to your every desire.Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay, Jamaica.
- 5Have you ever wanted to swim in your own personal infinity pool while overlooking the Caribbean Sea? At Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, you can do just that, and much more. This resort is perfect for honeymooners and couples who want to reconnect with each other with its romantic ambiance and romantic activities such as horseback rides along the beach and luxurious couples massage.Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- 6Every room at El Dorado Seaside has private jacuzzis to soak away your cares in as well as a choice between rooms with infinity pools on their balconies or swim-up suites that border the main pool for seamless access to the relaxing waters of this resort. Treat yourself to spa treatments from pedicures to tension-relieving massages and work on your tan poolside or on the pristine white sand beach beside the sparkling crystalline blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.El Dorado Seaside, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.
- 7Styled after the tropical plantations from the Georgian period, Rendezvous presents an opportunity for couples to surround themselves in luxury in an idyllic tropical setting. For the most intimate stay, choose the resort's beachfront cottage. Rock pools, winding stone paths, and lush tropical gardens let you and your love enjoy each other in a beautiful and relaxing environment that is free of stress and children.Rendezvous, St Lucia.
- 8Poised on the seaside cliffs of Jamaica's coast, the Caves offers private cottages set among them with unparalleled views of the sea. Cut into the very rock of the cliffs it adorns, this resort offers up a unique, yet still luxurious tropical experience. Swim in the resort's rocky saltwater pool or, if you're daring, go diving in one of the many natural caves under the guidance of an experienced cliff diver. Whether you want to spend your days sunning yourself on the beach or in more active pursuits, you're sure to enjoy your stay at the Caves.The Caves, Jamaica.
- 9Having received the TripAdvisor Award for the best user experience, the Galley Bay Resort at St. John's continues to please its guests with its warm service and authentic Caribbean charm. Set on 40 acres of tropical gardens and stunning beaches, its thatched huts, stone floors and paths, and rattan furnishings invoke a castaway vibe. Stay in one of the Gauguin Cottages set within the winding paths of the tropical gardens with views of the pristine waters of the lagoon for the best experience. Each cottage comes with its own private plunge pool, as well.Galley Bay Resort, St John's, Antigua.
- 10With its cozy sanctuaries located off its large infinity pool and two private beaches, Jade Mountain Resort is a study in elegance and luxury. Treat yourself to a massage at the spa or one of the many wraps to exfoliate and refresh yourself and dine on the delicious food of the award winning Chef Allan Susser. With amazing views of the Piti and Gros Piton islands off the coast, and suites with private infinity pools, and jacuzzis, there is no better way to escape the rat-race with your love than a stay at this magnificent resort.Jade Mountain Resort, St, Lucia.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Brindzhound