Become a Model Employee in Different Fields
Edited by Christian, Charmed, Eng, Anonymous
Employees are always rated by appraisals that measures the employees' performance on a yearly, quarterly or monthly basis. It evaluates and assesses an employee's job productivity and performance and most of the time the basis of salary adjustment or bonus. We work for a living and for all our needs and we do our best to keep our job through hard work. The workplace is our second home and sometimes spend time more than our real house, our colleagues know us based on how we perform our job and how you behave in the workplace.
Being a model employee is a big challenge for all who work in any fields, building this image is a key to a successful career. Your office or work place is a mixture of different people and behavior that you deal every day. In different fields or nature of work how can you be a model employee? There are so many ways to be an office idol or model employee, and here are some ways on how to be.
- 1Have Self Confidence.The first key is to have self-confidence in all things you do and all tasks assigned to you, never let yourself down every time you failed. Boost your self-confidence with inspiration, think of something that will increase your confidence. Lack of self-confidence will knock you down on the first round, believe in your talent and skills but never be over confident.Advertisement
- 2Be Punctual Many employees failed to be on-time for their work, too many reasons for their tardiness.Why most of employees always come late? In some reasons there are times that we never expected to happen that cause delay of arrival at work. If you know you will come late make sure that you advised your boss or colleagues. The main purpose is to inform them and your boss and never let your boss first ask where are you. A good employee never comes late.Advertisement
- 3Take Initiative The initiative is always expected at work, in any fields that you are in.Take part on the task need to be done, but make sure you finish your own work before going to another. Make suggestions and make yourself available for extra task and extra time especially when you know that work need to be done within the day. Work with minimum supervision and finish the work beyond expectation by giving your best in every single details for the job.
- 4Learn to Accept Criticism We are offended if someone criticizes our work, and sometimes it turns into anger.Because of our pride we often neglect our critics and stand for what they know is right even it is obviously wrong. Do not take others comment negatively, instead, thank them for their concern and make actions for improvement.
- 5Dress Properly Wearing uniform shows not only respect but also obedience.Some companies don't have uniforms but it doesn't mean you can wear the dress you want or the style that is not appropriate to your work. Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable but suitable for your job.
- 6Build Good Relationship On the first day of work, you are welcome by introducing yourself or being introduced by your boss.Take advantage of this moment to show yourself, bring them impression of being humble and friendly. A smile and good sense of humor are your spice to get their interest in you. No matter what positions you are in do not forget that the people around you is the major key to your success. A good relationship and harmonious environment make all jobs fast and easy, the more friends you have the more person you can rely on. Collect friends not enemies in your work place.
- 7Observe Phone Ethics Receiving calls is another type of communication from customers, bosses and colleagues.Consider all callers are company's costumer even they are your colleagues, answering them in a professional manner shows respect for their call. You never know who is on the other line. Some companies are making a test on how their employees answer phone calls. Always keep in mind that you represent your company and any unprofessional actions reflect on your performance.
- 8Learn to Practice Confidentiality It is important that you know how to keep secrets, confidential files and records must remain confidential.It will test employees honesty and integrity. If the information entrusted to you is confidential it is yours to keep or else your carelessness will drag you out of your work.
- 9Put Your Things in Order Organized your things, it will help you see your files easily.It also lessens stress every time you see your well organized things. Too many loads is not an excuse, an in and out tray in your table will help you in identifying finish and unfinished work.
- 10Learn from Your Mistakes Take the opportunity in learning new lessons in your mistakes.Not all day is a victory but sometimes defeat. Learn to build new strategies and stand up, you are in the battle field. Do not remain on the ground, many succeeded in learning from their mistakes because it strengthens them.
- 11Sanctify Your Work Ordinary work can be extraordinary when you offer it to God.Offer your daily task as a prayer. You are serving God for your daily work, ask yourself, can I offer this kind of work to the Lord? It will reflect on the type of service or work you have done, we cannot offer a work that is good but the very best we can. Saint Jose Maria Escriva said "Your ordinary contact with God takes place where your fellow men, your yearnings, your work and your affections are. There you have your daily encounter with Christ. It is in the midst of the most material things of the earth that we must sanctify ourselves, serving God and all mankind."( Conversations, 113 )Advertisement
Being a model employee is not an easy job to do, but you can, everyone can. Be an example to others and be their inspiration. Let them describe you as their idol because you have the qualities of a model employee.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.