Be a healthy asthmatic
Edited by Jonathan, Lynn, Ryan
"What is Asthma? It is a disease that tightening the muscle around your airways. A person who suffers from this chronic recurrent condition is called asthmatic. If there is a tightening muscle in your airways, that means the airways become narrower and less air can pass trough them. You will find a person who's under asthma attack if you hear that person breathing with a hissing sound. He could feel chest tightness, coughing and chest tightness. Is this disease curable? It is not. In good treatment and management like proper diet and exercise, asthmatic person can live an active and normal life."
Asthma is one of the most widespread health ailments today. It victimizes people of all ages, from toddlers to the old-aged. But if you are an asthmatic in this day and age, you have a lot of options that weren't always available, and these advantages cab catapult you to healthy asthmatic status.
"I have a nephew who is asthmatic. We were always worried whenever he's under asthma attack because we know that this disease can take one's life. He's now in college and living a normal life simply because his parent taught him how he can live a normal life even if his disease is incurable.He knows what's the right food to eat and the right exercise for him to participate with. In this article, I will discuss how to maintain healthy even if you suffer from asthma."
Below are some facts and advice for asthmatics, so that you can live a healthy lifestyle, in spite of your condition:
- 1Asthma could be in the genes of a person, or it could be induced by the environment.Advertisement
- 2No matter what the source of the asthma, the afflicted person should be very particular about preventive medicine and healthy lifestyle.Advertisement
- 3If you have asthma, it should be second nature to you to stay on schedule with your asthma medicine, and to take as exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- 4About your lifestyle - physical activities should be done in moderation, you should be strict about not eating the banned foods for asthmatics, and you should take precautions to avoid places and things which may trigger an asthma attack.
- 5Any violation of the healthy asthmatic's code of ethics could induce a fatal attack, and it is impossible to predict how bad an attack will be.
- 6When your immune system is down for the moment, like if you are sick or tired, and you aren't careful with your restrictions, anything can happen.
- There is muscle and bone movement, tissues are broken down and repaired.
- Blood circulation is way, way up while swimming, in a delightful manner for the heart, as it gets it pumping.
- Walking should be done in a non-polluted environment; otherwise, the lofty goals for exercise are defeated.
- 7Asthmatics should not smoke.
- Even if you are not a smoker, you should avoid being in the presence of people smoking cigarettes and cigars.
- Second hand smoke is even more dangerous, because all the residue and waste materials of the tar and nicotine are in the air and you will likely inhale them.
- 8It is very tasty, but sorry, if you value your life and your family, you will avoid peanut butter and find other tasty substitutes.Peanut butter is a banned food for asthmatics.
- 9They are food additives that flourish in processed foods due to fermentation. Perfect examples of fermented beverages are beer and wine. Did you have trouble breathing after drinking a bottle of beer or a glass of wine? Blame it on the sulfites.Avoid sulfites.
- Sulfites are optional food additive in almost all processed food. Always check your labels for ingredients.
- Avoid anything pickled, like peppers and relish, because they contain sulfites.
- Frozen french fries and hash browns ready for deep frying also contain sulfites. It is best to go natural by making your fries from a fresh potato or creating your own baked sweet potato.
- 10Rather than add salt or soy sauce to food, use low sodium flavorings such as lemon juice, natural herbs, or salt-free seasoning blends.
- 1Why? First you need to run when the weather is warm ONLY or else, use a treadmill at home. This activity are only for those who have controlled asthma.Running or Jogging- This physical work out should be done cautiously.
- 2Walking- You can do this at any weather and even if you have controlled asthma or not.
- 3Why? First, the air around the pool is warm and moist which is less likely to trigger asthma. A good amount of exercise is waiting for you if you will choose to swim.Swimming- This is the best exercise for asthmatic person.
- 4You will also get a good amount of exercise doing this sports.Football, Volleyball, and Baseball- Just be sure that you only run while the ball is in play.
- 5No, it isn't. Martial arts requires only short movement and are done indoor. This will give you a sound mind and body, it will tone your muscle, and get you in good shape.Martial Arts- Sound impossible?
- 6But yes, you can bike for as long as the weather is right. If not, then you can purchase some stationery bike for indoor activity.Biking- I can see another bubble on your head with a big question mark.
- 7Not just because it helps to relax your mind but also the movement is also relaxing for the body. This is usually done indoors.Yoga- This is my nephew's favorite.
- 8Yes asthmatic can do a simple workout using a five pound dumbbell. It is the best way to lose weight, improve muscle tone and build strength. This is not a work out like Vin Diesel do to gain that kind of built so don't expect too much from this work out.Weight Training- Now I can see not only one question mark on your head, but a lot of it.
Foods for Asthmatics
- 1Anti-oxidant food- Spinach, Carrots, Lettuce, Papaya, Watermelon, Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes are on the list of anti-oxidant foods.Advertisement
- 2Study shows that asthmatic person who take five hundred milligrams of Vitamin C or Ascorbic acid for two days significantly reduce hissing and shortness of breathing after their physical activity or exercise.Vitamin C- This includes Orange, Bell peppers, Broccoli, Kiwi, Strawberry.
- 3and Salmon. They are the source of Omega-3 which has the ability to decrease inflammation in the body.Fish- Mackerel, Tuna.
- 4Drinking about three cups of coffee may make an asthmatic person to breathe easily after a work out. Caffeine is a muscle relaxant.Caffeine- Dark Chocolate, tea and Coffee is one of the listed here.
- 5It can also reduce lung inflammation because of mustard oil that is also present in onion and garlic.Garlic and Onion- Quercitin is a chemical that can be found in onion and garlic which can help reduce the severity and frequency of asthma attack.
- 6This foods will reduce lung inflammation thus reduce asthma attacks.Selenium Rich food- This includes cayenne peppers, chicken, alfalfa, whole grains, tuna, kelp, and brown rice.
- 7This will reduce the risk of asthma attack.Flax Oil- Rich sources of Omega-3 fatty acid.
- 8This foods may help reducing asthma attack.Choline- Choline rich foods include soy beans, egg yolk, chickpeas, dairy product, black beans and lentils.
- 9Apple have a powerful anti-oxidants that are contained in the fruit's peel.Red Apples- An apple a day keeps the doctor away, that is true.
- 10People who suffers from severe asthma lacks in vitamin D, so be sure that you eat foods rich in vitamin D. You can also expose yourself to sun light without using any sunblock. Just be cautious on time because you might catch other disease if you will expose your self to sunlight which can cause another illness.Vitamin D- foods rich in vitamin D are milk, fish and eggs.
- 11Broccoli Sprouts- This is a anti-oxidant food that helps control the airway inflammation.
- 12Pyridoxine, also known as vitamin B6 It plays a vital role in production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). It will help relax bronchial muscle tissue.Banana- It is a good source of pyridoxine.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Lynn, Jonathan