Be Fashionable Without over-Spending
Edited by Shalom, Robbi, Lynn, Eng
Today there are different kinds of fashion. Some dress in simple clothes because they want to look natural or to be relaxed and at ease. Some go with what is popular.
They buy clothes, shoes and accessories that are really expensive, just so they can go with what is in vogue these days.
You can still be fashionable or in vogue without spending too much. You just have to be creative and imaginative with the things you wear. Here are some ways to do it.
Redesign a Shirt to Make a Vest or Jacket
- 1Bring out all your old clothes, shoes and accessories.After that, get your scissors, sewing kit, sequins and beads.Advertisement
- 2Get an old shirt, look at it and get out your creativity.Advertisement
- 3Could that old shirt be a vest, or a jacket or what's your plan for it.Draw it out quickly or at least make a little sketch of the way that you see it looking and where you're going to make your edits to the original.
- 4Get your scissors and sewing kit and redesign it.
- 5Remove what is not good for your purposes.Turn your long sleeves into short sleeves or make it sleeveless.
- 6Sew it properly so that it there will be no loose threads hanging.
- 7Add on to your redesigned shirt or cloth, sew on some sequins or beads to brighten it up and add a few chains.Drop some lace on the collar or add a few small iron on patches of your choice.
- 8Revamping a shirt to make a vest takes just a little imagination, but it doesn't take a lot of time or money.
Revamp That Old Pair of Shoes
- 1Let's talk about your shoes.Bring out old shoes that are still in fashion.Advertisement
- 2Redesign them by painting them, making a design and adding some sequins to make them look more high fashion.Even tennis shoes can take a good makeover.
- 3A little light spray of paint can work wonders.One of the easiest ways to get designs on plain colored shoes is to spray mist lightly over them with a contrasting color.
- 4If you like, use a newspaper to cover them leaving just a small portion of the shoe open to take the color.Using stencils will net you some neat shapes on the shoes that you can embellish with sequins or faux stones.
- 5Now for your accessories.You don't have to throw them away or change them. You just need to learn how to wear the right ones to go with your outfit. And you need to have the confidence to wear or use them.
- 6Remember fashion is not about what others think about your outfit.It is about how confident are you with your own outfit.
How to Stay Trendy at a Low Budget
All of us want to look our best when we dress up every day. But the thing is that not all of us can own designer label clothes and goods. But who said you need to spend a great deal of fortune just to be fashionable? You can still follow the fashion trend while spending less or even nothing. Want to know how? Here's how:
- 5Know Where to Shop.There are retail stores which sells fashion clothes at prices that even students can afford buying for themselves. TJ Maxx is a place to check out.
- 7Customize Your Clothes.Advertisement
Just always remember that when you follow the fashion trend, you are comfortable with every piece you wear.
- In wearing a blouse that is broad, wear a belt to make it fit and sexy.
- If you don't feel wearing high heels, don't push it, as that will give you a bad walk. Just stick with the flats.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Fashion
Recent edits by: Lynn, Robbi, Shalom