Be Content Being Single
Edited by Maureen D., Anonymous, Eng, Lynn and 1 other
Life is so ironic sometimes - those who have short hair want longer hair, curly haired people want it straightened and vice versa. Whitening creams are sky rocketing in sales, as some dark skinned people would like their skin whitened, and those who have fair skin try to get themselves tanned just to be darker. Life should be so simple, yet we make it complicated. We are given life to nurture it, but what are we doing sometimes overshadows it with contradictions that get our blood pumping! Many singles love to find someone with whom to mingle and some people who are married or are in a relationship make their lives complicated by trying to break the relationships they are currently in. Being single is actually not a bad thing at all. Think of the things you have accomplished being alone - you are living your life by yourself because you are able, capable and do not have anyone you have to depend on. Now that is the best thing that being single could offer.
Why don't you want to be single?
- 1You are bored - what you can do is get yourself a new hobby, cultivate the skills that you have, and just keep yourself busy.Advertisement
- 2You want a partner - go get yourself someone who also doesn't want to be in a relationship to be your regular social event buddy.Advertisement
- 3You are depressed - there are lots of comedy films that you can choose from.You can collect DVDs or watch online streaming too!
- 4You need some romance - get yourself a date; what is good with not being in a steady relationship is you get to date as many people as you want without anybody prying.
- 5You hate being a single parent - ask around for a nanny; it is not really a huge problem.
- 6You cannot handle your finances - you can get a second job that will keep you busier at the same time.
- 7You cannot handle household chores all by yourself - hire some help, and/or send your soiled clothes to the laundry.
- 8You want to procreate - pets are really good to have at home, and they are less work than babies.
- 9You feel like your biological clock is ticking - Angelina Jolie rings a bell to you?Madonna? You can always adopt.
- 10You hate being alone - get some adorable pets or spend more time with your friends.
- 11You're worried about your urges - well, each and everyone does.People who are with someone do too, and that is why there is something called flings!
- 12You have the need to feel attractive - join a gym, buy some new clothes and accessories, flaunt and flirt!
- 13You want to settle down or get married - wait for the right time, and right person.Marrying should not be done just for the sake of getting married.
Complications that attached people deal with on a regular basis
- Being together for quite some time, but still no sign of a ring
- Financial problems
- A lot of differences that need to be worked out (or ignored)
- Regulations, and some are unreasonable (which could be suffocating)
- Stress of having a lot of children or none at all
And a lot more that you can think of! Do not feel terrible if you are single, or hate yourself for it. Love is unpredictable; it comes from rather unexpected places, people, or even times. It will come when and if love thinks you deserve it.
The advantages of being single
- 1You have the opportunity to find your true self, rear it, and love it.That way, you will be able to love someone that will come your way, as you now know how to love what you really are. Nobody will want to spend time with you or be with you if you do not love yourself!Advertisement
- 2You have the liberty of choosing and making your own decisions without thinking too much.You are only accountable for yourself and not anyone else. There's no one to hold you back from making the decision that is truly what you want.
- 3There is no need for you to tolerate moodiness and nagging.These two monsters are the reasons why some relationships don't work at all. Being single gives you the liberty from the headaches these two will cause.
- 4You can gain weight or lose weight without worrying about someone else's opinion.Basically, you are free to eat without the worry at the back of your mind. If you want to gain weight because you're too skinny, you will be doing it not because someone doesn't like your figure. If you want to lose weight, that's because you really want to be healthy.
- 5You have a lot more time for activities that you enjoy doing without anyone stopping you.No one should hold you back from doing the thing that you really want. It's your body, not theirs.
- 6You can flirt like crazy!You're single that means you're free -free to mingle and have fun.
- 7You don't have to deal with anyone else's bad habits on a daily basis.Face it, everyone does this one thing that can annoy you no matter what. If you're free, no need to deal with that.
- 8Your time is all on your own.You have the time all to yourself. You don't have to worry about not spending enough time with someone and getting nagged about it. Hassle!
- 9Your money is all on your own; you can spend it on anything you desire.If you're trying to save a little, you don't have to worry about spending for someone. You will be able to spend money on things that should come first.
- 10You can get to travel anywhere you like, and if you can afford it, sign up for singles trips and have fun exploring the world.Sometimes, this is the best thing about being single. Being free to travel and have some fun. Maybe, you can do this to find love soon enough.
- 11You can take this opportunity to nurture your career.Well, to have a direction in life is the goal. You'll be able to establish yourself first and then you don't have to depend on someone once you're married.
- 12It could be the best time for getting rid of your bad habits, like being short tempered, smoking and the like.There's no best time than now that you're single to improve yourself.
- 13You can have a healthier social life, as you can spend more time with your friends and family.
- 14If you are unattached, you will have a better chance to get a new job that you have been wanting.
- 15You can have more good night sleep, as you do not have to suffer with a loud, snoring partner.
- 16You are able to step out of your comfort zone, go someplace new, and do something you have not done in the past.Dare to do something challenging; the possibilities are endless!
- 17You have all the time in the world to reflect on past relationships and why they did not work out.What do you really want in a relationship? What can you really offer? What are your limitations and capabilities? What are you willing to give up? This way, if the right person comes, you will already know how to prevent the mistakes you have made in the past relationships.Advertisement
Learn to find contentment with yourself and in yourself; being single is not a negative force. It is the time to develop yourself and grow as a separate individual. Many who are with someone are dying to trade places with those who are single!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Anonymous