Bake and Frost a Chocolate Moist Cake
Edited by Ana Garcia, Leomar Umpad, Eng, Grimm and 1 other
Today you can have just about any fancy cake you like, but if you are a dyed-in-the-cocoa chocolate lover, once in a while you will have a really strong craving for a chocolate cake that is totally and truly chocolate. Just the pure, rich goodness of chocolate on chocolate melting on your mouth - a truly elemental pleasure! If this craving visits you once in a while, here's a recipe you can use.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon of the best cocoa powder you can find
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coffee dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
Procedure in Baking the Cake
Once you have all the ingredients prepared, follow these procedures to make your own chocolate moist cake:
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.Advertisement
- 2In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.Gently add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.Advertisement
- 3Beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl as needed.Stir in boiling coffee and water mixture.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pans.The batter will be thin, but don't worry.
- 5Bake 30 to 35 minutes or test with wooden pick at around this time.If the wooden pick comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- 6Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
- 7You are done with baking your chocolate moist cake.
How to Prepare your frosting:
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A very tiny pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1To prepare the frosting, follow these procedures:Advertisement
- 2Melt butter and stir in cocoa.Add cinnamon.
- 3Add powdered sugar and milk alternately.Beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- 4Add vanilla.You will get about 2 cups of frosting. Spread about 2 tablespoons between the two layers and the rest to frost cake as usual.
- 5Lazy Day Chocolate Frosting:
- 6On those lazy days when you want a really quick frosting for your cake, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on a thick saucepan, add 2 heaping tablespoons of good cocoa, gradually add a can of condensed milk, and cook over low heat until the mixture is thick enough to spread.
- 7You are done with the frosting.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Baking
Recent edits by: Grimm, Eng, Leomar Umpad