Bake an Herb Roasted Chicken
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Rafah Perlado and 1 other
Roasting a chicken is the best way to cook it to ensure that your chicken is one of the most healthy and delicious meals that you can have.
Chicken has lower fat content than most meats. This makes it a healthier choice especially for health conscious person. When infused with fresh herbs and garlic you'll find it even healthier, as well as better tasting.
Chicken is a comfort food. Roasting a chicken is a traditional family meal that will bring back childhood days, chances are that, it was a favorite family meal or Sunday dinner.
Pair your chicken with baby new potatoes which are liberally rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic, rosemary and sea salt.
- 12 pieces whole fresh chickens or two chickens thawedAdvertisement
- 21 teaspoon sea saltAdvertisement
- 31/4 teaspoon whole pepper corn, crushed or ground
- 43 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 51 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 61 stalk celery, leaves and all, chopped
- 74 or 5 stalks rosemary
- 8Fresh basil
- 9Fresh parsley
- 10Fresh thyme
- 111 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 121/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1450 grams baby potatoesAdvertisement
- 21/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 32 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 41 garlic clove, minced
- 51 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 61/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Add Stuffing to Your Roasted Chicken
While some people are not a fan of stuffing, or what is sometimes called dressing, many like to have a good stuffing inside either a chicken or a turkey. It's not at all difficult to stuff the chicken. Using a few simple ingredients you can add the stuffing to the turkey and cook it until done.
- 13 cups of wheat bread, cut into cubesAdvertisement
- 21/4 cup of margarine, melted
- 31/2 cup of chicken broth
- 41/2 teaspoon sage
- 52 chopped green onions
- 61/4 cup finely chopped celeryAdvertisement
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until the bread is well moistened with the liquid ingredients. Stuff into the inside of the chickens and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until meat thermometer inserted into the breast reads at 165 degrees F.
Chicken is not done until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit on a meat thermometer. Make sure that your meat thermometer is inserted firmly into the center of the chicken to get a solid reading.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Meats & Main Dishes
Recent edits by: Rafah Perlado, Lynn, Eng