Bake a Sponge Cake with Caramel Frosting
Edited by Olivia, Eng, Graeme, Rebecca M. and 1 other
When someone brings you a cake that they have baked, how do you feel? Aside from the excitement of tasting the cake, you may wonder how they were able to make such a delectable treat. Read on and find out how.
First, you must gather and prepare all the ingredients and equipment you need. For this project, you will need the following:
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cans of condensed milk with the label peeled off
- Electric hand mixer or beater
- Convection oven
Steps in Making the Sponge Cake
- 9Set the timer for 20 minutes. You will know that the cake is already cooked when you do the fork test. The fork test is accomplished by poking the cake with a fork. The cake is already cooked when the fork comes out clean.Pour the mixture into the baking pan and put it inside the oven.
- 11While waiting for the cake to cool, you can start to make the caramel frosting.
Steps in Making the Caramel
Get a pot and fill it with water. Submerge the unopened condensed milk into the pot and set in on the stove on low heat
- 1If it does, the can will explode, and you don't want to clean caramel off the kitchen wall. Though the idea may be appealing to kids, you would not want them getting their caramel dip off the walls, would you?Boil the can for three hours, making sure that the pot does not run out of water.Advertisement
- You can use canning jars for making caramel. Simply transfer the condensed milk into the canning jars and do the same procedure as with the condensed milk in cans to produce caramel.
- You can also use condensed milk in tetra packs.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Bake a Sponge Cake with Caramel Frosting. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Bake_a_Sponge_Cake_with_Caramel_Frosting
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Bake a Sponge Cake with Caramel Frosting." VisiHow, visihow.com/Bake_a_Sponge_Cake_with_Caramel_Frosting Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Bake a Sponge Cake with Caramel Frosting." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Bake_a_Sponge_Cake_with_Caramel_Frosting.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Graeme, Eng