Bake a Special Cassava Cake for Christmas
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Graeme, Rebecca M. and 3 others
With Christmas quickly approaching there always seems to be more things to do than there are hours in the day. With the hectic pace it seems like an impossible task to come up with new recipes for your holiday gatherings. At this time of year you never know when friends or family may stop by for a visit and having food or snacks to offer is a must. Why not add a touch of the tropics to your holidays this year? A sweet and tangy cassava cake may be just what you are looking for to add a little boost to your menu. Cassava cake is a traditional dessert in the Philippines and is one of their specialty dishes. The chewy, creamy cake is complemented by the tangy taste of the cheese garnish and combines to make a unique and memorable addition to your holiday dessert table. Whether it is served as a snack for visitors or as a focal point of your holiday meal, everyone is certain to be pleased with this tasty cake.
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Directions
- 3 How to Bake a Special Cassava Cake for Christmas: Health Benefits of Cassava
- 4 Recipe 1
- 5 Recipe 2
- 6 Tips
- 7 Referencing this Article
- 8 Comments
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.Advertisement
- 2In a large bowl, mix the grated cassava, vanilla, margarine, salt, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and coconut milk.
- 3Next, beat the eggs and add them into the mixture, then blend carefully and completely.
- 4Get 2 8x8 inch baking pans or 1 9x13 inch pan and grease them thoroughly with butter.
- 5Pour the mixed ingredients evenly into the containers and leave at least one inch for the toppings.
- 6Bake in a heated oven for about 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- 7While waiting, prepare the topping.
- 1In a large mixing bowl,combine the egg yolks, coconut milk and condensed milk and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- 2When the cake has finished baking, pour and spread the topping uniformly.
- 3Bake it again for about 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- 4Remove from oven and top with grated cheese while cake is still warm.
How to Bake a Special Cassava Cake for Christmas: Health Benefits of Cassava
Christmas- the fact remains that this is the favorite time of the year of several people around the world. However, because of the fast paced kind of living nowadays, it seems several people are too busy to scout for brand new recipes that can be enjoyed by the family during Christmas Eve. Also, Christmas is the time whereby friends and relatives from different places come and stop by. Because of this fact, many are looking for recipes that they can easily prepare once they have unanticipated visitors on Christmas.
Among the easiest and most loved dish that can be served during Christmas is Cassava Cake. Whenever people hear about Cassava Cake, the great nation of the Philippines comes to their minds right away. Nevertheless, cassava, the primary ingredient, is also being used in making delightful delicacies in different parts of the world.
Reasons why Cassava is Special for Christmas
What makes cassava, specifically Cassava Cake, special is the fact that it offers a variety of health benefits like:
- 1Cassava, also referred to as Yucca, has low fat content, as well as has lesser fats compared to pulses and cereals.Advertisement
- 2Same with other tubers and roots, cassava also is gluten-free.
- 3Cassava also contains moderate amounts of some Vitamin B, like Pyridoxine or Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folates, as well as Pantothenic Acid.
- 4Cassava also houses relevant minerals such as magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, as well as copper.
- 1Grated Cassava (2 pounds)
- 2Coconut Milk (14 ounces- can)
- 3Can of Coconut Cream (13 ounces)
- 4Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounces)
- 5Canned Evaporated Milk (12 ounces)
- 6Grated Coconut (1 cup)
- 7Sugar (3/4 cups)
- 83 eggs
- 13 egg yolks
- 2Sweetened condensed milk
- 3Lemon and Vanilla Flavoring
- 1Oven must be preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2Make sure to reserve 1/3 of the condensed milk, which will then be used for the topping. Mix very well.In a big bowl, mix the ingredients for the cake.
- 3Pour the mixture equally into 2 big greased pans (rectangular)
- 4Bake the mixture until it is firm, preferably for about 30 minutes
- 5Next, mix the ingredients for the toppings- the condensed milk that was reserved, the flavorings and the 3 egg yolks.
- 6Spread the topping onto the 2 cakes
- 7Put the cakes back in the oven, and then bake them for another 20 up to 25 minutes
- 8Cakes must be cut into squares.Once baked, take them off, and then cool the cakes.
- 1Frozen grated cassava (1 package)
- 2Grated coconut (1 package)
- 3Melted margarine (1/4 cup)
- 4Beaten egg (1/4)
- 5Evaporated Milk (1 and ½ cans)
- 6Vanilla (1/2 tsp.)
- 7Sugar (2/3 up to ¾ cup)
- 8Granulated sugar
- 1The sugar and the margarine must be creamed
- 2Put the egg
- 3Add the cassava, as well as the coconut
- 4Put in the evaporated milk
- 5Spread the mixture in a greased pan.
- 6Bake the mixture in the oven, about 300 degrees Fahrenheit, preferably for 30 minutes
- 7Remove the cake from the oven, and then sprinkle it with granulated sugar.
- 8Top it also with sweet coconut that has been grated
- 9Cool down the cake before cutting it to little squaresAdvertisement
- Check the oven occasionally to avoid burning the cake.
- The amount of ingredients you should add depends on the preferred taste.
- Mix all the ingredients before baking.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Bake a Special Cassava Cake for Christmas. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Bake_a_Special_Cassava_Cake_for_Christmas
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Bake a Special Cassava Cake for Christmas." VisiHow, visihow.com/Bake_a_Special_Cassava_Cake_for_Christmas Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Bake a Special Cassava Cake for Christmas." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Bake_a_Special_Cassava_Cake_for_Christmas.