Bake a Special Apple Pie
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Anonymous, Eng, Lynn and 2 others
Indulge yourself with this easy-to-make special apple pie with loads of nutrients from the apples and nuts. This can be one of your sources in boosting your energy on a groggy Monday. Enjoy baking and then enjoy eating!
- 16 medium sized cooking/green apples, sliced thinlyAdvertisement
- 21 1/2 cups brown sugarAdvertisement
- 32 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 41/4 cup water
- 53 tablespoons butter
- 61/2 cup nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, or any nuts of your choice)
- 71/4 cup raisins
- 2Cook until sugar melts and is syrupy.
- 3Dissolve the flour in the water.
- 4Add the apples together with the nuts and cinnamon.
- 12 cups all-purpose flourAdvertisement
- 21/2 teaspoon salt
- 31 teaspoon sugar
- 41/2 cup butter
- 51/4 cup shortening
- 65 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1In s large bowl, sift together the following:All-purpose flour, sugar and salt.
- 2Cut in the butter and shortening using a fork, two knives or a cutter.
- 3Add enough water to form a ball of dough.
- 4Divide the dough into two parts.The first one should be bigger than the other dough ball.
- 5Roll out the bigger dough to about 1/8 inch thick.
- 6Fit into the pie plate.
- 7Prick the base and the sides of the dough using a fork or the tip of the knife.
- 8Pour in the apple filling mixture.Set aside.
- 9Roll out the remaining dough large enough to cover the top of the pie.
- 10Seal the top crust to the bottom crust by pinching it together.
- 11Flute edges decoratively.
- 12Prick or slice a slit on the top crust with a fork or knife.This will allow the steam to escape. If this step is not done, the top crust will bubble.
- 13Brush the top with egg wash.
- 14Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Place on a cooling rack.Allow to cool completely.
- 11 eggAdvertisement
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and milk until well incorporated.
- 13 cups whipping cream or all-purpose cream (chilled)
- 25 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Fill a large bowl with ice.
- 2Get a smaller bowl and pour in the whipping or all-purpose cream
- 3Beat on a high speed.
- 4Gradually add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 5Finally add vanilla extract.
Bake a Salted Caramel Apple Pie
Aside from an ordinary Apple pie. You can simply bake an Apple pie with a twist, such as a Salted Caramel Apple Pie.
- 1For the Crust:
- 2 ½ cups of an all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ cup of pure vegetable shortening
- 4-7 tablespoons of cold water
- 2For the Caramel:
- 1 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of Maldon Sea Salt
- 3For the Filling
- At least 8 Apples
- 3 Juiced lemons
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of an all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (Ground)
- ¼ teaspoon allspice (Ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg (Grated)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Sugar that is granulated
- 1Make a crust in a medium sized bowl.Then put flour, Salt and sugar in it then pulse to mix until you combined them well. You may add the shortening then the butter and mix them all until you get a color of coarse like meal. After you achieve a coarse like meal, simply add water at least 4 Tablespoons and mix/pulse. Add water again after you mix it properly, just 1 tablespoon then once you have a dough place it on a plastic wrap then chill it for 2 hours in your refrigerator. It is best that you made the dough ahead of time for best results.
- 2Get a medium saucepan then mix water and sugar and heat it until the sugar dissolved.Once the sugar has been dissolved, add butter and continue mixing to a boil. Once you have achieved the dark amber color of the caramel you mixed, just remove it from heat. Keep on stirring until it becomes smooth and add salt then place it in to a bowl. Again, it is best that you made your caramel ahead of time for best results, place them in your refrigerator
- 3Get the dough that you baked before and divide it in 2 equal pieces.Place light floured surface and keep rolling the dough till its large that will fit in to your pie pan. Do the same with the other half and to cover the pie then chill the crust.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.Go get a bowl (Large would be better), place the lemon juice in the bowl and slice your apples as thin as you desired and place them quickly to the bowl with your lemon juice. Add Cinnamon, Sugar, Nutmeg, Bourbon, Four and sugar in the bowl and stir it until the apples are being coated evenly.
- 5Get the crust and place 1/3 apples on it in the pie pan.Pour ¼ caramels over the apples then repeat to get even on every place and edges. Place the top crust and seal. Pour the remaining caramels and spread, then sprinkle it with sugar
- 6Place it in the oven for 30 Minutes to 40 Minutes with a temperature of 350 Degree Fahrenheit.You can use a wooden fork or a Knife to check if the apples are soft already. Once it has been softened, simply cool the pie and store it in a container that is airtight for 3 days before serving or you can put it in your refrigerator.Advertisement
Once you have done all the procedure, and after a long wait. Everything will be ready to serve and enjoy what you baked to share it with your family or close friends.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.