Bake Using Homemade Coconut Flour
Edited by estrella sacragon, Eng, Lynn, Melsan
Cake, anyone? Who would ever say no to a delicious cake?
Baking with the use of homemade coconut flour is actually a healthy option. In fact, coconut flour has lots of protein, iron, and fiber contents. Many people that are kitchen enthusiasts are finding ways or the simplest ways to make a coconut flour or the Homemade Coconut Flour for them to come up with a very creative and a healthy recipe to test it at home to see it for them selves.
Making your own coconut flour at home it can help you save a lot of money, but also, it can be a good way learning new things and come up with new recipes in your own baking book without a professional guide. You can successfully create your home version of coconut flour within a day. Plus, it doesn't even require you to buy all those complicated machines. If you wish to learn how to make coconut flour for home baking, here are the basics.
How to Bake Using Homemade Coconut Flour
- 1Save the Coconut Fiber.Generally, the fibers from the coconut used to produce milk are the ones used when making coconut flour. After you completely squeeze out the coconut milk, place the fibers in a container that can be easily laid out for drying. There are different ways in drying the coconut fiber - either by allowing it to dry by itself, or by putting them in the oven. Ideally, it is best to place the fibers on a baking sheet before placing them in the oven for a few hours. Make sure the heat is just about 200 degrees so you don't burn them. As for the length of the drying time, it all depends on the amount of fibers you use, so it's best just to be keen in checking them from time to time.Advertisement
- 2Powdering the Fibers.After you have completely dried them (the coconut fibers), you can start grinding them until you get a flour-like consistency. You can use a food processor for the grinding process. You can either grind the fibers thinly, or leave it with some bigger particles, depending on your baking needs.Advertisement
- 3Storing the Coconut Flour.Unless you will immediately use your homemade. You need to store it in a cool and dry place for you to use it in the future. Use an air tight container that is suitable for storing for a secure storing secured, the coconut flour can last up to a year.
Coconut flour is costly in the supermarket, so it makes perfect sense that you would rather make your own version. Now that you have your coconut four or your homemade coconut flour and wondering how to use it at home? You can bake your own pastries, such like your favorite quick beads, your favorite cakes and even cup cakes or even pancakes with the coconut flour. However, if you plan on making cookies, remember that 100 percent coconut flour will not give you crispy ones, nor does it work well with raised breads as a substitute for yeast.
Your homemade coconut flour is best for making soup and stews to thicken them and even in cake frosting. Finally, you can achieve more-structured baked goods upon using your homemade coconut flour. Do not forget that you need to add psyllium husk powder, baking soda or just the vinegar and also the whey protein power to help you to add more rise to your goodies.
Baking Gluten Free Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake
This recipe can let you make up to 8 inch layered cake or cupcakes. This is a very simple instructional baking a Gluten Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake.
1 and 2 / 3 cups of a white or brown sugar
1 cup of softened (Preferably) butter
2 cups of your Coconut flour
Half of teaspoon of a Vanilla extract
1 and a half teaspoon of a baking soda
1 cup of an unsweetened cocoa powdered
10 Pieces of eggs
A Baking powder
1 and 1 / 3 cups of a whole milk or half and half
A teaspoon of salt
- 1Pre heat your oven to 350 degreeAdvertisement
- 2While pre heating the oven, get a 9 inch pans and spread a small amount of coconut oil on it and use your Cocoa powder to dust it.
- 3Get your sugar and butter then beat it for about 2 minutes then add eggs one at a time.You beat it high speed for about 3 minutes. While beating it with eggs, add your vanilla and keep beating it till you add all the eggs in beating. If you have an electric mixer with a paddle attachment you can use it also.
- 4Get another bowl and combine your dry ingredients (No particular order) then add butter and milk (Alternately).Beat it all for around 5 Minutes on high speed. Use a spoon batter in to the Cake pans and smoothen the tops
- 5Now bake it in preheated oven up to 35 minutes or insert and pull a toothpick in the center of the cake and see if it comes out clean before proceeding to the next step.
- 6Once it is ready, remove it from the pan.But first, place it on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it. Cool the cakes before frosting with your favorite frosting.Advertisement
For a peppermint chocolate. You can put a teaspoon of peppermint extract to batter it before you can pour in the pan, mix it well. Then you can do frosting with peppermint
Once everything has been set and done, enjoy the cake that you bake for you and share it with friends or your family and kids.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, estrella sacragon