Bake Spiced Apple Muffins
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Anonymous, Rebecca M., Lynn and 2 others
Muffins are considered a quick bread that is leavened with chemical leavening agents such as baking powder. Spiced apple muffins are not your typical apple muffins because they are spiced up with ground mixed spices. You can serve it with cream cheese frosting or glace icing, or you can use any other frosting or icing that you want to use.
Note: Ingredient photos are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this pastry. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
Spiced Apple Muffins
- 1200 grams (7 oz) plain whole meal flourAdvertisement
- 21 tablespoon baking powderAdvertisement
- 31 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 4Pinch of salt
- 54 tablespoons brown sugar
- 61 medium egg, beaten
- 7220 ml (7 1/2 fl oz) low fat milk
- 84 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or Gas Mark 6.
- 2Line a muffin pan or deep bun tin with nine muffin cases and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients:Whole meal flour, baking powder, ground mixed spice and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, egg and melted butter.
- 5Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just combined.DO NOT over mix. The mixture should be quite lumpy.
- 6Gently fold in the chopped apples.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, or until you can poke a toothpick into the middle of the muffin and have it come out clean.
- You can serve the muffin as it is, or you may want to put some icing or frosting on top for better presentation and taste.
- 1120 grams (4 oz.) powdered sugarAdvertisement
- 215 ml (1 tablespoon) milk
- 1Mix together and spoon over the muffins.
- If you want a runny consistency, add more milk.
- If you want a thicker consistency, add more powdered sugar
Non-Melting Cream Cheese Frosting
- 11/2 cup Crisco, or any vegetable shorting
- 21/2 cream cheese
- 31 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 41/2 cup confectioners' sugar or more depending how sweet you want the frosting will be.
- 1In a large bowl, mix together vegetable shortening, cream cheese, vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar.
- 2Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 3If it is too thick, even out the consistency with milk.
- 4Put in a piping bag.
- DO NOT pipe the frosting if the muffin is still hot. It will melt. Completely cool the muffins before piping the frosting.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Rebecca M.