Bake Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Icing
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Lynn, Eng, Rob
This is a decadent, moist and delicious cake recipe, which is great for birthday parties and other occasions; it is something good to serve when you want a nutty-flavored cake. You can pair this recipe with simple vanilla ice cream or pistachio flavored ice cream. Both go well with it, like a horse and carriage.
- 11/2 cup cocoa powderAdvertisement
- 21 cup boiling waterAdvertisement
- 32 1/2 cups cake flour
- 41/4 cup cocoa powder
- 51/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 61 cup granulated sugar
- 71/2 cup toasted nuts (pistachio or pili nuts)
- 86 egg yolks
- 91 cup egg whites
- 101/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 111/2 cup granulated sugar
- 121/2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 131/2 cup corn oil
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 1Cake flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside.Sift the following:
- 2Mix together the 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 toasted pistachio or pili nuts.
- 3Let it cool.Dissolve the 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a cup of boiling water.
- 5Beat first on a low speed, accelerating once the dry mixture is completely combined with the wet mixture, and continue to beat until smooth.Add in the oil, egg yolks, vanilla extract and cooled cocoa mixture.
- 7Gradually add the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- 8Continue beating until all the sugar granules are dissolved.
- 9Use a cut and fold mixing technique. DO NOT over mix.Fold in the flour and cocoa mixture (batter) into the beaten egg whites (meringue).
- 10Bake in three 9-inch layer pans at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, or until you can poke the center of the cake with a toothpick and have it come out clean.
- 11Place on a cooling rack and let it cool while you prepare the pistachio icing.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
- 11/3 cup egg whites.Advertisement
- 21 bar butter unsalted (1 cup)
- 31 cup granulated sugar
- 41/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts, toasted
- 51/3 cup cherries, soaked in 2 tablespoons wine or rum
- 1Beat the egg whites on a high speed until soft peaks form.
- 2Gradually add the granulated sugar.
- 3Then add the butter when the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Add the cherries and pineapple soaked in wine or rum.
- 5Set aside the chopped pistachio for garnishing.
- 1Place the first layer of the cake onto a tray or plate.Advertisement
- 2Put a dollop of icing and spread evenly.
- 3Place the second layer of the cake on top.
- 4Again put on a dollop of icing and spread evenly.
- 5Place the third layer of the cake on top.
- 6Make sure to cover all the sides of the cake evenly.Now put all the remaining icing on top and spread.
- 7Sprinkle the chopped toasted pistachio nuts on top or on the sides or both, and garnish it according to you liking.Advertisement
- You can fill the layers of vanilla or pistachio flavored ice cream instead of the icing mixture if you want to make an ice cream cake.
- You can also add green food coloring in the batter mixture and icing mixture if you want to accentuate the pistachio cake flavor.
- If you do not have cake flour, you can always use all purpose flour.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Bake Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Icing. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Bake_Pistachio_Cake_with_Pistachio_Icing
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Bake Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Icing." VisiHow, visihow.com/Bake_Pistachio_Cake_with_Pistachio_Icing Accessed 28 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Bake Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Icing." Accessed May 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Bake_Pistachio_Cake_with_Pistachio_Icing.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Rafah Perlado