Bake Lemon Bread
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Lynn, Graeme, Eng and 1 other
Lemon bread has a citrus, tangy flavor that offers a twist to your typical loaf of bread. You can always serve it with your favorite drink during snack time. It is also great for tea parties. This recipe is delicious, even without any jams or spread added. The flavor stands out as it is.
- 11 1/2 cups all-purpose flourAdvertisement
- 21 teaspoon baking powderAdvertisement
- 31/2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 41/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 51 cup white sugar
- 62 eggs
- 72 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit .Advertisement
- 2Lightly cover/grease the 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with butter.
- 3In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt to blend.
- 5Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 6Add the grated lemon peel.
- 7Make sure that part of the flour mixture will be the last item to be mixed in.Mix in the flour mixture alternatively with the milk.
- 8Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- 9Bake it for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, without any sticking crumbs or batter visible.
- 10Leave it to cool completely.Transfer the lemon bread to a rack.
- 11Slice and serve with your favorite drink.
- 1Just reheat it in the oven when you're ready to serve it up.If you are not planning to serve it immediately, you can wrap it up and put it in the fridge.
- 2If you are using salted butter, you can disregard the 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 3Do not grate the inner part of the lemon peel, it will ruin the recipe and make it bitter.
- 4Then again, the name of the recipe would not be "lemon bread" anymore.If you don't have lemon, you can always use an orange.
- 1From one medium lemon, you can get 1 teaspoon of grated peel.
- 2The recipe does not call for any lemon juice, thus the lemon peel will give the recipe that lemon flavor.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.