Bake Banana Cake
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Rebecca M., Graeme, Lynn and 1 other
Banana is a very versatile ingredient. It can be made and added to any type of dish and dessert you want to make or even drinks. It can be used whether it is not yet ripe, ripe or over ripe. Nothing beats the use of this ingredient. This recipe calls for an over ripe banana, but if you do not have one, you don't need to wait for it to become over ripe. You can just use the banana as it is (ripe).
- 1¼ kilo over ripe banana (Cavendish or any of your choice)Advertisement
- 22 medium size eggsAdvertisement
- 31 cup brown sugar (second class)
- 4½ cup butter or margarine
- 52 cups all purpose flour
- 61 teaspoon baking soda
- 7¼ teaspoon iodized salt
- 83 tablespoons evaporated milk
Note: The photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dessert. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 1Preheat oven to a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.Advertisement
- 2Coat the inside of the baking pan with butter or margarine.
- 4Set aside.Combine the evaporated milk and lime juice.
- 5Make sure that the sugar is dissolved.In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar and butter or margarine until it becomes light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- 7Add in the evaporated milk and lime juice mixture.
- 8In a separate bowl, sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- 9Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture 1/2 cup at a time, with continuous beating.
- 10No need to beat, just mix.Add the mashed bananas using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- 11Pour in the prepared baking pan.
- 12Bake for about 35 minutes to 1 hour, or until a stick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- 13Let it cool.Place on a cooling rack.
- 14Slice and serve.
- 1120 grams (4 oz) confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)Advertisement
- 1Mix together.
- 2Spoon over the cake.
- You can always add nuts of your choice and raisins (you can add both if you want).
- Be careful in adding baking soda. If you add more than what is called for, it tends to have a soapy taste.
- A simple glace icing can be made to top this recipe.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Bake Banana Cake. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Bake_Banana_Cake
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Bake Banana Cake." VisiHow, visihow.com/Bake_Banana_Cake Accessed 29 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Bake Banana Cake." Accessed Apr 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Bake_Banana_Cake.