Bake Almond Tartlets
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Graeme, Lynn, Eng
A tartlet is a small, single serving of a pie or tart. You can fill it with different fillings that you want, from fruits to other sweet and savory mixtures. In this recipe, it calls for sweet, nutty and fruity fillings. Though it is up to you if you want to change the toppings according to what you prefer. This is a great way to prepare for people on the go who have no time to stay at home longer than for dessert or snacks.
- 11 1/2 cups of all purpose flourAdvertisement
- 21/2 cup shorteningAdvertisement
- 31/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In a bowl, add in the all purpose flour, salt and shortening.
- 4Wrap the dough with wax paper or cling wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
Filling and Toppings
- 11/2 cup butterAdvertisement
- 21 whole egg, beaten
- 31 drop of almond extract
- 41/4 cup ground almonds
- 51/3 cup white sugar
- 61 cup cake crumbs or cake flour
- 2Mix until well combined.Add the beaten egg, ground almonds and almond extract.
- 4You can scoop and drop fillings using a spoon, or you can put the filling into a piping bag to avoid messy tartlet edges.Fill in the tart pans with almond filling.
- 5Scatter the top heavily with flakes almonds.
- 7Turn out, place on a wire rack and let it cool.
- If you do not have cake crumbs or flour, you can substitute it with all purpose flour (superior class).
- If you do not want to use apricot jam, you can choose whatever jam you prefer.
- In place of shortening, you can use unsalted butter. If salted butter is available, disregard the salt.
- Aside from raspberries, you can always use any other fruit toppings according to your liking.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to your preferences.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.