Backup and Restore your contacts and emails in Outlook 2010
Edited by Eng, Charmed, Anonymous
Plenty of us use Microsoft Outlook, for storing contacts and send / receive emails. Either facing the issue of upgrading our Laptop or PC to a new one, or simply we need to back up our data for safe keeping, yet lots of us seem not being able to find how to do it. In hereafter, we will guide you on how to do that, either for your contacts only or for your email data, or for an important categorized email folder.
Steps to create a backup
- 6Now, If you want to back up everything, Emails (sent and received), Calendar, Journal, Notes …etc.You must select the "Personal Folders" and make sure the "Include subfolders" is ticked [Marked in Orange], If you want to back up a specific folder like only backup "Contacts" or "Sent Items" you should select that and click "Next".
Steps to Restore a backup
- 5Depending on the kind of data you backup and want to restore, the next window will show the info, in here, It is showing the "Contacts" cause the info I backed up was the contacts.If you need to import all data, MAKE sure you tick the "Include subfolders". Also you can choose to import to the current folder, or into the same folder in. Next you need to Hit "Finish".
- 6Congratulations, you have managed to restore your backup data.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If you need to back up to change and convert your Outlook files to a new PC or Laptop, then you must select "Personal Folder" and make sure you tick the "Include subfolders".
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Charmed, Eng