Back up your iPhone
Edited by MsBarbs, Eng
This is Sean from VisiHow, and today I am going to be showing you how to back-up your iOS device. Specifically, an iPhone but this method will also work for iPads and iPod touches.
- 2Which shows you visibly how to manually back-up your data using the iCloud.So, I am just going to go over to imore.com here.Advertisement
- 3This is sometimes on the top depending on your version. For me, on my phone, on my 5S it's lower on the menu there on the setting's menu. And once you go to the iCloud section of the settings you'll see a bunch of different options. But the one you want to look for is called 'back-up'. And you simply just turn it 'on' or 'off'. And you can manually back it up like this is showing through that, but it'll also do it automatically every 24-hours. But now let's move on over to what I want to call the 'normal' way of doing it not using iCloud.So, as you can see through this to even set-up your iCloud in the first place, which your phone normally automatically asks you about, you go to settings and then you tap on iCloud.
- 4Which can be a laptop or desktop or anything. And what you need to do is take the USB part of your charger chord out, you're going to remove it, and plug that into your computer and then plug your phone into that. So, assuming your computer is turned on. Once you plug in your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch, it's going to instantly open up iTunes, or prompt you to download iTunes if you don't already have it installed on your computer.This method is using a computer.
- 6Which will show me all the information. It shows me how much is free, gives me options to sync my phone, back-up, shows me photos, apps, music, whatever I have on there. All the information you could want.And I am going to click on this little picture of my phone on the top left and it's going to take me to the settings for my phone.
- 7Which is going to take a while if you've never done it before, because it is basically putting everything on your computer, all the information for your phone, and even if you've done it before it may take a while. Like my phone takes a while, so I'm not going to do it in the video itself.And the first thing you are going to want to do is click on that sync button in the bottom right.
- 10That's also where you can do a restore. So, once you click on back-up and back-up all your data on your phone you can then come back anytime and if something happens to the data on your phone you can just press restore and it'll put it all back onto your phone. This also works if you are getting a new phone and upgrading. but it would obviously have to be the same type like iPhone-to-iPhone or iPad-to-iPad. It'll put back your photos music, movies, shows, whatever you have on there your apps.It'll sync with that and you can also do manually back-up.
- 11And that's about all there is to it. So, if you have any questions about any of this feel free to ask. It is pretty basic and easy to do but hopefully this helped if you were coming here to look for some help and thanks for watching this VisiHow video.All you have to do is plug it in and press restore and it'll get on it.Advertisement
Video: Back up your iPhone
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: MsBarbs